ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2004, 04:55 AM   #1
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

A letter to myself at 18

Since no one is sure about Malarkey, let's assume for right now that he is indeed an 18 y/o boy.

Do you remember being 18? I do.

So in this thread, I would like you to post a letter to yourself, written by the you that you have become. In it, you should include some things you have picked up along this journey, that might've have been useful to you at that time.

Dear PFP @ 18:

That boy you're dating? Don't feel so bad about talking to the other boys. He's as gay as a tree full of parakeets. The only reason he pulls the jealousy thing is b/c the gays love their drama. Move on. Save yourself some screaming matches, b/c at 18 you couldn't possibly know that you will spend the next 5 years arguing with him.

Take out enough money to do everything that you need to do w/your student loan. You can pay it back later.

Stop considering everyone else's feelings so much. Considering yours is good for you.

Drop that clingy friend NOW, otherwise @ 30 you will be wondering why she is still in your life.

Do not move in w/anyone who is your friend. It will ruin the friendship beyond repair.

Keep one of your turntables, you knob!!!

Now it is your turn!

edited to add:

Knock it the **** off w/the hydrogenated oil. You are allergic to it, although the allergy won't get analphalactic until your late 20's. Stopping eating it now will be the best thing you ever did. 2 more things: your mom was right to cut down your sodium intake last year. Stop begrudging her for it. Also, you should go vegetarian as soon as you can. IF you can... Because you have your grandmother's kidney disease, a most beautiful legacy from your father. So protect yourself NOW.

Last edited by priceyfatprude : 08-21-2004 at 06:30 AM.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:56 AM   #2
melissa
monkey

great idea, pfp. I'll do this later when I'm not so tired!
melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:38 AM   #3
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Dear Trish@18:

Your family is not that kind of family. This has its advantages, you'll see shortly. But it's easier if you don't pretend.

Don't cry when things go badly. Even the worst experiences lose all emotional impact in about ten years or so.

After the first time, just leave him no matter how much he cries. Don't marry him and waste a year. You'll know what I mean.

Start having children young. Make hay while the sun shines.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:48 AM   #4
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Dear Snake @ 18

When you meet some-one who says "you are not getting a c-section" find another hospital. Run like hell actually. This is all you need to know for now.

Love,

Snake @ 33
Old 08-20-2004, 05:49 AM   #5
Clytie
thundering is my favorite

Dear Clytie@18,

Dont be afraid to be yourself...in a few years you will be an extrovert and love it!

Take voice lessons now. When your 25 youll regret all that wasted time.

Spend more time with your little sisters they look up to you and are far more impressionable than you think.

I know that your thinking about quitting ASL. DONT! Keep on dont get discouraged one day youll even interprete weddings!

The right guy will come along. Dont waste too much time on Jack -- he isnt worth it.

Love,
Clytie25
bound by the rich red that runs coarsing
united we stand
stronger than before
able to face the dark
with hands entwined
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:52 AM   #6
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Absolutely fab Pfp. This is one of the ongoing reasons why I love you.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:53 AM   #7
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Quote:
Originally posted by madasacutsnake
Dear Snake @ 18

When you meet some-one who says "you are not getting a c-section" find another hospital. Run like hell actually. This is all you need to know for now.

Love,

Snake @ 33
Dude.

I have no words.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 06:26 AM   #8
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Thanks. People have been through worse.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:26 AM   #9
Frieda
in limbo

dear frieda@18,

you're not going to die

frieda@24

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 07:14 AM   #10
RuneT
baaaaah?

dear rune@18

you are too shy, go and claim whats right for you
the airforce farked up, fight them, you know you want to be a pilot
do exactly what you feel like doing because that's what you will remember and cherish later
buy a flat somewhere, it's a goldmine
do sports, become good at something

RuneT, respect!!
RuneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 07:29 AM   #11
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

Dear Magpie @ 18,

No matter how much you think you know right now, you don’t know shit… yet.

Sometimes Mom isn’t always right. “making waves” isn’t always a bad thing and “keeping the peace” isn’t always the right choice . Don’t be afraid to speak your mind. You have a voice and there are people want to hear it.

Don’t worry about what Dad expects of your right now… it’ll be rough for awhile but you’ll find common ground when you’re both older.

Respect yourself. No man has the right to take away any part of you that you aren’t willing to give up.

Don’t stop at a 2 year college, you’ll regret it later. Use your education to become financially independent; you’re going to need to be when you’re older.

Methods of escape from pain are temporary. It’ll all still be there when you ‘wake’ up; whether it’s tomorrow or when you’re 40.

When making decisions of the heart, no matter how well you think you know someone, you don’t even begin to really know them for a year or so and a few crisis’s down the road.

Don’t believe them when they say you won’t need to be good in math when you’re older… you will.

Kiss Steve goodbye, you won’t see him again.

Your body is perfect and beautiful. Enjoy it, flaunt it, appreciate it… it won’t always look or feel the way it does right now.

Don’t try and save anyone – you can’t and it’s not your job anyhow. Don’t make their business your business… tend your own garden and lend them your rake to tend their own. Chop wood, carry water.

Learn to say no. You know that saying, “You can’t please all the people all the time”? It’s true. The one’s who matter most will stick around and the one’s who don’t can fvck themselves.

Love,
Magpie @ 41
Old 08-20-2004, 09:19 AM   #12
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

These are wonderful. I can't do this cause I can't go there, It'd be too hard on me, but this is the most brilliant idea for a thread I've ever seen.
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:30 AM   #13
Aphrodite
Myth Demeanour

Dear Aphro @ 18:

Call Your Mother!!!!!
You need her help. You cannot survive on no food and you don't need to make the choices you are making.

Leave the bikers alone. They aren't treating you special and differently than they treat everyone else. When your room-mate screws up they will come to your apartment and trash your stuff to even the score. (oh and by the way lighting a cigarette to act as a weapon isn't going to save your malnourished body.)

Stay away from smooth talking photographers, your room-mates brothers will find your photo album to be their favourite book to share with their friends.

Go to School now! You will have access to grants and loans which are so much easier to take care of now than later when you have children.

Every man isn't totally enraptured with you. Many guys don't care about your heart at all. They want in your bed, not your heart.

You have more value than you know. Others think you are better than you think of yourself. They come to you because they respect your opinion. What you say is as important as what anyone else has to say. Respect yourself and know that the only one who will look out for you without any ulterior motives or hidden agendas is you! Respect their opinion. You have more strength than you know.

If I can give you any advice at all it is this...everything you do is a choice. Even when crap happens to you, how you react to it is your choice. When you make better choices, you keep your dignity and others will respect you for it.

Try to say "No" and mean it.

Live the life you want and don't go with the flow. Embrace your unique qualities, they are what make people remember you.

Call your Grama everyday! She loves you with her whole heart and will spend her last moments knitting baby clothes for the child she will miss by mere weeks.

Oh and one last thing, don't drink the home-made wine you are offered at the summer cottage. It is really grape juice, some killer alcohol and PCP.

Signed Aphrodite @ 40
Old 08-20-2004, 12:04 PM   #14
masterofNone
________

moN @18,
don't let me tell you what to do. don't let me ruin it for you. you're going to make mistakes, but doesn't everybody? you're going to learn from them, and not everybody does that. you'll always try to do the right thing but how will you know what the right thing is until you've done it all wrong? well, sometimes you'll hit the nail on the head, sometimes you'll hit your thumb... and worse is that sometimes you'll hit someone else's thumb. those'll be the times that hurt the worst. you're aiming for a star. keep aiming. i won't tell you how far you'll get but i'll tell you this, i wouldn't be where i am today if it weren't for where you are headed. be who you are, how you are, take it as seriously as you do (or don't).

my life depends on it.

moN @ 46
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:20 PM   #15
Zaftig
monkey

Dear Zaftig @ 18

Go with the flow. You’ll get through everything. You are who you are today because of the experiences you had yesterday. Just remember, worrying about tomorrow empties today of your strength.

Zaftig @ 26

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: