ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2005, 12:30 AM   #16
Brynn
constantly amazed

That stuff is real. Don't mess with it, I say.

Fear of the future isn't going to enrich your life, JT. I think it's spooky that everybody told you the exact same thing though. I think that goes a little beyond coincidence or mere observation. Lots of people go in drunk to psychics, but I'm sure they don't all get told that they're not going to live past 50.

I was told by a fortune teller that a red-haired man would someday make me very happy.
Did I start looking for red-haired men to fall in love with? Nope - completely forgot all about it. Didn't even think about it again until after I married him - and yes, he's a red-head. Who makes me very happy.

But I agree with Mad. You can always change your destiny. If you're really spooked, get your ducks in a row, whatever that phrase means to you. That never hurt anybody
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:07 AM   #17
Avalon

When my mother was younger, she had some ability. Nothing grand or scary..she could just find things. Lost jewelry, pets, etc. She would either instantly know where to find the item, or dream about it. However, my brother's death seems to have derailed that part of her, most probably permanently.

On a whim, a few years ago, I went to a psychic; she is well known here; has her own radio show, does phone readings as well as live, and she is booked about 3 months in advance. Anyway, I popped in without an apointment thinking I would just see one of the other resident psychics; she was just coming back from lunch. She touched my shoulder and said "your dad is with you" and then went on to explain in great detail the manner of his death. I got a free reading because of my dad. LOL To her credit, she was right on the money with everything she told me, and she didn't sugar coat any of it. She is a wonderful person, but I have never been back to see her; I was no happier knowing what was in store for me than I was before. So I have decided I am just going to let my life unfold in the usual way and be surprised like everyone else.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:34 AM   #18
Brynn
constantly amazed

I love Christopher Walken's spoof of his character in The Dead Zone on Saturday Night Live:
"You're gonna get some ice cream - and you're gonna eat it too fast - and - and - and - you're gonna get an ice cream headache - and it's gonna hurt really bad!"
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:54 AM   #19
Hermione
monkey

I go to an Indian palmist. She is so legit. She says i'm going to get married when i'm 23... a bit young.
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:11 AM   #20
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

It's your profession, JT.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:41 AM   #21
JesusTitties

Im not really all that concerned in the sense that i fear the future. it hasnt made me paranoid or anything.. ive always lived my life in the rock star fashion...did what i want when i wanted to do it, and think my life is better for it.

however the only thing that spooked me is the three different occasions, three different people said the exact same thing within 15 seconds of me sitting down pretty much,and the first two times no, i wasnt drunk. I just always remembered that.

most of the time i have regarded this sort of thing as something that is so popular because its something for us to hold on to. People for centuries have constantly searched for answers, or reasons for the unexplained. I even put religion in this category and i dont care what anyone says.
when the chips are down and times are rough we need someone to turn to, why not a jesus.
or when things seem uncertain and we really need answers, why not create someone who has the ability to see into the future and really make it legit.

all of these things create a sense of hope or lets those sleep at night who demand to know answers that are hard to find.
personally, this is my first real brush with this kind of thing and it sure as hell spooked me. But i wont change my lifestyle.. in fact.. now that i think about it.. maybe ill start doing more bizarre shit.
I mean i only have a good few years left.
JesusTitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #22
red
elite rabble

only a few good years left, well live it up man!
Old 09-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #23
Avalon

Here ya go, JT. But I am fairly sure they are outa business. Being psychics, you think they would have seen it coming... Damn, Dionne..weren't ya listening to your psychic friend?

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #24
Zeismyhero
Happy just to dance w/you

I went once, actually by accident. I was in this curious little shop and saw a door opened in the back and poked my head into this nearly empty room, save for a low round table and odd little chairs. A woman asked if I was there for a reading so I thought "why not?"

I was not dressed as I normally do. But she did make some accurate statments about me and my lifestyle. She also asked if it was OK to tell me about past lives. That part was interesting to me, although I'd never considered reincarnation.

Finally, at the end, she said I could ask three questions. My only sister had been in a horrible car accident. She was going through grueling physical therapy and there was question of long term issues. I had not mentioned anything about it, or even having a sister, during the reading. My question was short carefully worded "Will Greta be aleviated from pain." And her response floored me: "Your sister will recover from her accident, but a scar will remain." Turns out that months later she had internal scar tissue that developed in her throat...they had to break it up so that she could swallow.

Finally, when I was leaving, she gave me a book on "self parenting." Again, I was amazed...I said nothing about not having parents. I actually said nothing throughout, just listened.

As skeptical as I am about these things, I was really knocked out by the reading.

But your psychics are way off, JT! You're not going anywhere anytime soon!
Zeismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 01:49 AM   #25
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

The last time i saw a psychic, she told me only one thing. "How can you be 50 years old and have no freaking privacy?"

so NOW it bugs me.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #26
red
elite rabble

Maybe she meant 50 in dog years
Old 09-10-2005, 04:37 AM   #27
Con ate dog
some guy

A friend of mine is renowned for her tarot readings, so I let her try out a new deck she had bought. After all, psychics are gifted intuitives, and they can often surprise you.

Well, she had to revert to the book for every card, and the writing was so needlessly complicated she didn't understand half of what she said. Good thing, too: every card was right on the money, saying stuff I hadn't even thought about. The stuff my friend understod embarrassed the both of us. I've never been so thoroughly rubbergloved in my life.

I'll never endure another fortune teller. Why in God's name would anybody want to know their future?
Old 09-10-2005, 05:45 AM   #28
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

You can also ask about your past. See if they know what they are talking about, or as just full of bologna.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #29
JesusTitties

JesusTitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:42 PM   #30
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

so Junior, you're not 16. dammit
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: