ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2002, 06:39 PM   #31
zenbabe
Lollypop!

ok, so explain this then...

So last night I am watching "Dismissed" on MTV and decide to go outside for a quick smoke. I come back in and the TV is now on CNN!!! Not only that, but I have these cute little chinese lanterns in my living room that were plugged in and on when I left and they were unplugged when I came back!!!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 04:53 PM   #32
bealeblues
where's my salt?

i would say gremlins, but we're not in the 80's..... (thankfully)
Old 10-18-2002, 09:23 AM   #33
Eruantale
Bad Egg

Quote:
i would say gremlins, but we're not in the 80's..... (thankfully)
You never know, they could be attempting a... dum dum dum... comeback!!!

Do any of your neighbours have ebil kitties that enjoy walking into people's flats through the window and wrecking everything? Perhaps that was it. Because, while it can make sense to me that a ghost might have enough power to open a door, the thought of a ghost changing channels on a telly is just, well, ridiculous. Or maybe the remote got stuck between cushions - that happened to me several times, and if the pressure's strong enough it can push on the buttons, causing the channels to change.

Your lanterns, though... definitely sounds to me like some feline mischievousness.

By the way, have you checked the gas lines yet?
Old 10-18-2002, 10:50 AM   #34
bealeblues
where's my salt?

this will sound strange, but when i was a kid back in the 70's, we had a TV with (perish the thought) manual knobs for switching channels and a remote that only had "up" and "down" for changing channels. so, if we wanted to watch something else, we had to hit the button and watch the TV scroll through until it hit the channel we wanted (1 of the 4 channels we had, before Ted Turner)

anyway, i had this wind up miniature robot, about 4 inches tall. I figured out somehow that if I wound up the robot and held it right next to the channel knob on the TV, the knob would start turning, changing channels.... poltergeist or weird mechanical telepathy? you be the judge
Old 08-24-2004, 12:17 AM   #35
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

*bumpety bump*

Scary movie thread made me think of this.

My parents have a way cool ghost story. It starts with my dad when he was a boy. He and his father were visiting Scotland and were near the edge of a cliff when my grandfather called to my father to come quickly and look at the ship. By the time my father got there and my granfather had turned around, the ship had gone. My father remembers him being puzzled at how the ship could have got around the headland so quickly. My grandfather also mentioned that the reason he was so excited was that he thought it was the four masted barque "Pamir", and that there were only ever two four masted barques built and that he thought that they were both sunk (grandad was a ship buff).

Fast forward to years later. My parents are on their honeymoon, sitting on the cliff at approximately the same spot. They spent about fifteen minutes watching what my father also describes as a four masted barque. They even took a photograph of it. The photograph is the best part of this story - you can see the cliffs and open sea but no boat.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:18 AM   #36
masterofNone
________

gooseflesh.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:11 AM   #37
Zaftig
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by madasacutsnake
*bumpety bump*

Scary movie thread made me think of this.

My parents have a way cool ghost story. It starts with my dad when he was a boy. He and his father were visiting Scotland and were near the edge of a cliff when my grandfather called to my father to come quickly and look at the ship. By the time my father got there and my granfather had turned around, the ship had gone. My father remembers him being puzzled at how the ship could have got around the headland so quickly. My grandfather also mentioned that the reason he was so excited was that he thought it was the four masted barque "Pamir", and that there were only ever two four masted barques built and that he thought that they were both sunk (grandad was a ship buff).

Fast forward to years later. My parents are on their honeymoon, sitting on the cliff at approximately the same spot. They spent about fifteen minutes watching what my father also describes as a four masted barque. They even took a photograph of it. The photograph is the best part of this story - you can see the cliffs and open sea but no boat.
Shiver me Timbers! OK, I couldn't help it but that is cool and erie at the same time.

Here I go being the glutton for punishment that I am but it made me think of a story so here it goes. Myself, Sim and a friend of ours went to Salem, Mass. in October a couple years ago. (Wish we went on Halloween because it's like marti gras there that night) Anyways, in the center of town there is a legendary medal statue. My friend, major wiccan, tells me that no one has ever gotten a picture of that spooky man. Every time they take a picture of the statue it never comes out. I was a non-believer so I got my camera out, made sure there was no potential for glare and such, there was no sun out. . so I snapped a picture. . . got the pictures developed and sure enough, foggy blob over him. I will have to get a hold of a scanner and scan the pic sometime. Quite freaky.

I just also remembered something that happened the first week Sim and I were living in that old apartment I spoke of in the movie thread. We were sleeping and I woke up because I could distinctively hear footsteps above in the attic. I woke Sim up and asked him if he could here it. He clearly and wide awake said "YES" and he made an inquisitive expression on his face. I made him hold me tight so I could sleep. The next morning I was asking him about it and he looked at me like I was smoking crack. He didn't remember anything.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:37 AM   #38
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I don't really miss that place...but I kind of do.........

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:39 AM   #39
Zaftig
monkey

you just answered the question I forgot to ask. . . thanks
Old 09-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #40
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

I worked at the home on Friday night. One corridor was full of the stench of cigarette smoke, I'm talking like walking through a cloud of it, not just a whiff. When I investigated one of the carers told me it had been going on all night. It's a non-smoking facility and we couldn't find the source. At that point the smell disappeared.

Later on another carer came and asked if any-one had turned the stereo back on, twice, after she had switched it off not only at the "off" button but at the plug too. No-one had...........the CD in it kept playing like it was stuck in a loop which is why she had switched it off in the first place.

A bit later, we realised that the fellow who had died on Thursday morning (of lung cancer) had been a heavy smoker. His room was in the part of the home where we smelt the smoke. We don't know if he liked to play with stereos though.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:29 PM   #41
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Oh and Zaf:

http://www.zefrank.com/bulletin/show...5&postcount=15

Hehe.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:50 PM   #42
Zaftig
monkey

^^hahahahhahahahahaaa We're such dorks. We never realized!

Love the story though. I'm always up for a good ghoulie tale.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:55 PM   #43
xfox
slightly effective

miss this?

Pamir
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:25 AM   #44
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Oh xfox. I forgot to say. The story has an odd postscript in that we discovered that the Pamir used to transport goods between England and South Australia where we now live.

I have a little Pamir "ship in a bottle" which I keep for good luck.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:48 AM   #45
Sapphire
Hippy Chick

"Most Haunted" is a great show on the Travel Channel -
http://travel.discovery.com/fansites...ted/about.html

Lots of interesting footage of hauntings.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: