Mistress of Time & Space

<unfurls the spinnaker>
<nails down the antecedent>
<untangles the participles and puts them out for the night out for the night>
<draws out her handy-dandy Rhino Rifle>

Drum-roll please...........

<rolls a d-20>

18!

Miss-fire, but the Rhino gets it in the puss with a lemon seed creme pie!

<crowd chants enthusiastically:
go Cherish, it's yo birthday, go Cherish, it's yo birthday!>

CherishHellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:38 PM   #137
Anna
n

Still in the UK.
Walking back after dinner, with what I thought was the Russian, I had the feeling I was being followed. Nearing the entrance to the Savoy I felt a gentle tap upon my shoulder, turning round fast I couldnít believe what I was seeing. Stepping back to get a better field of vision, I rubbed my eyes; it was none other than David Bowie. He motioned me to come closer, I heisted, he smiled and whispered, ďListen.Ē I drew closer and listened to what he had to say. "Thatís all I needed to hear," I thought, and instantly knew exactly what had to be done. He then handed me a purple wig and a very long scarf, gave me a wink and a nod and was off. I rushed to my room to make proper arrangements. Gathering all that I needed, I took the secret elevator from the penthouse suit to C floor. Knowing now of Marcusí ruse I decide there was no alternative, I had to send the evil twin lizard brain annA to Sydney to keep an eye on the shark; least he find the legendary fox before I did. In no time flat annA was at the airport, ticket in hand and ready to board the flight to Oz; we would communicate telepathically. Meanwhile, I picked up my tickets for the Paris shuttle in the morning in order to meet with Dr. tip. Taking a taxi back to the hotel, exhausted, it was nice to find a warm cup of chamomile tea, a basket of oranges waiting, along with premella mints on my pillow. Turning on the telly, BBC2 was having a Red Dwarf marathon. I fell asleep shortly.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #138
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Well you don't expect someone named "Fox" to be standing at the airport with a card reading "Here I am, Anna" on it, do you. Even though we thought we got glimpses of him talking to others in this place or that place, we couldn't seem to find him to put our proposition to him. Tired and sweaty, we went back to our respective rooms at the hotel, Anna and I. It was nice to find coke in the room fridge and lemons in the basket with a paring knife. I had a coke and lemon slice and turned on the TV. A Blackadder retrospective! Ah, what could be better. But before I relaxed, I snarfled the hopscotch in case there were any telepaths about. I fell asleep.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #139
Anna
n

hmmm... herumpf

Meeting with Dr. tip in Paris was educational to say the least. His best selling books, '1001 Your Ways; Cottage Cheese An Intimate Look' and Cube Your Tomatoes, Before Itís Too Late, are both highly acclaimed and respected books on French cuisine, poetry really. A survey was taken a few years back and they discovered that at least one of his books is in every Paris kitchen. Though our meeting was brief, we sat outside the cafť du trocader; I had a dbl. caf. cafe latte, a warm croissant with a fresh bowl of berries in cream, he had the eggs sardou and the house blend tea; funny thing about the French, thereís never any ketchup on the tables. He was kind enough to dig out a very old and blurry photo of The Fox. I looked at it long and carefully, then sent the image to my twin in Sydney, telepathically. Afterwards, I took a stroll on Les Champs Elysees and found my way over to the right bank. Walking into Dandois and Perrin's rare antiques an usually situation occurred, Iíll save the details for later, in short I ended up talking to the chief executive of the Union de Banques Suisses, who also happen to be an extended cousin to the Pope. Dumb luck? I think not.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #140
T.I.P.
balancing actor

after the exquis lunch with ms. anna I have redonned the lucky sweatband and tennis shorts that I wore during my first hunt for The Fox (or Le Renard as he is known here in the country of the rising baguette). The Fox is one of those evanescent characters who has always managed to slip through the web of authority, some say he may even have the gift of ubiquity. That would explain how managed to escape an all points bulletin put out by Interpol in order to nab him on his way out of Tunis in 1982 and simultaneously write and publish his bestseller - The Surefire Zero Gravity Hollandaise sauce. My blood runs cold when I think of the sacrifices that were made to get that blurry photograph of the Fox - how many were killed simply because they had overheard the guttural syllables of his true name muttered in a dark alley.
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #141
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^What do you mean, guttural? It's half vowels!

*claps hand to mouth*
*Puts on fake moustache and hurries out the door*
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #142
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Aha!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #143
Anna
n

Itís twilight, I am standing on the 3rd floor of the eiffel tower, thinking about the events of the day, I smile. Taking in the beauty of the city as the evening candles along the boulevards are lit when suddenly, a cold chill runs up my spine.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #144
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

*peeks out from behind newspaper*

^Oh lord, Anna, I hope it's not Marcus' lemon juice...

Here's a wet nap, just in case.

My penchant for disguise has never failed me yet. Reassured that I am out of danger for now, I lean on the railing and wait, nonchalantly whistling "Moon River" and picking my teeth with an Armenian pocket knife. The men crowded around Anna disperse one by one, as they approach her and are rebuffed without a second thought, like simpering goldfish attempting to nibble at a majestic heron's toes. I almost feel sorry for them.

Almost.

But there's no time for sympathy now. The last man looks dodgy, and for a moment I fear for Anna's safety. How naive! He's dead before his hand pulls the revolver more than an inch from his waistcoat. I take the hand-off from Anna.

She disappears effortlessly into the faintly gleaming haze of the Parisian summer night, already executing the next phase of the plan.

Who would've thought a toothbrush, a rubber chicken, and a freshly baked lavash would be so heavy?

Wait a moment...you don't suppose....?

Last edited by brightpearl : 08-01-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: work of fiction
Old 08-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #145
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
Leader Board Points

Cherish 1,250
Anna 1,249
Lukku 1,248
Tunes 501
Auntie 89
12" 23*
Pearly 12
TIP 5
Blaes -678

*retired hurt
Old 08-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #146
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

How can I only have 12 points? I was Elvis for a whole round!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #147
craig johnston
dalai clique

slipping on the antecedent lost you a lot of points at a crucial stage,
and the wet wipes upset the judge from peru.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #148
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
hah! I've hidden all my points under the board!
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #149
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I'll glady continue to give up my points for the right to keep my lemon-scented antibacterial wet wipes...

Well, if I'm under 50 points, that means the lavash and the rubber chicken are back in play...

Who's Elvis?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #150
craig johnston
dalai clique

didn't bother mentioning you h.fox, as you are way
out in front with 10 zillion points as usual.
what is it with you aussies?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: