Rhinoceros fan

^l'azizza made me laugh.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 AM   #602
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpearl View Post
^Am I going to be spending $50 on a bra to wear with my $3 dress? Perhaps I should consider girl commando.

dude my bras are 80 euros each at least.. weird size so they're expensive. but my boobies are important and need their support

you can wear those wrap around bras more often.. straps go over the shoulders too.. so you can wear it every day!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #603
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^That's like $100, right? Commando it is.

In other undergarment news...oh, excuse me--

Get out, Tunes!!

...I'm wearing my new underpants today. They're 81% nylon, 19% spandex, and 100% futuristic. They're seamless. They're freakishly stretchy. They're vaguely squishy. They're even greenscreen green.

Space panties.

Judy Jetson wishes she had panties like these. They make me happy.

I need to get a life.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #604
lukkucairi
lichtzauberer

they sell bras like that at VS - in bright pink - they scare me

I just discovered Jockey for Her at the outlet mall - I bought a test pair and have never experienced anything so elastic in all my life. it's just strange.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:06 AM   #605
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^Yes, very strange. I like it.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:28 AM   #606
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

I thought Zen was full o' shit with the other ad she posted.

That is fvcking insane. Have they ever been sued for causing cancer? Because housewives have the highest rates..

I'm sure all the beautiful and intelligent women who post here know that douching eliminates the good bacteria as well as the bad, so you're more likely to get a fun times yeast infections after a few thorough cleansings.
l'azizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #607
lukkucairi
lichtzauberer

^^ no kidding!

those ads are freakish - there was a whole series of them! this was something weird about the post-war era - people got really super-obsessed about their bodies - it wasn't just the Lysol douche, but a whole slew of brands marketed to both men and women for killing just about every kind of bodily odor.

I recently ran across a comic-book style ad for Kolynos toothpaste, where a fetching Betty blonde is dumped by her boyfriend for having "dental double trouble" aka halitosis and "dingy teeth" - wish I could remember where.

but seriously - in the 50s, how many men put their faces near enough to their wives vaginas to notice a smell or lack thereof? I wasn't aware that Good Housekeeping was advocating cunnilingus way back then.

the Lysol ads are alarming - makes me wonder if they've reformulated the product much since then?
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:04 AM   #608
Jaime
Gone Daydreaming

I went into Lush yesterday. I hadn't been in there in a very long time, and I thought I'd get a little thing to treat myself because hey, it's just one little thing... but they were having this promotion where if you buy two things the third one is free. So now I have two new soaps and a solid shampoo to try. I'm happy.

And I also bought a dress, for 14 bucks! It's very pretty, and next time I have a camera, I will try to show it off.
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #609
MarsViolet
another crayon in the box

Lush makes a cleanser/exfoliant called Angels on Bare Skin... it's wonderful! Makes your skin all silky smooth. Good for all skin types.
MarsViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:12 AM   #610
Jaime
Gone Daydreaming

Cool. I love their stuff.

I tried my shampoo today. It was one of these. It's lovely and smells so good. I wasn't sure what to expect but it lathers really nicely and makes my hair feel very soft.

So happy.
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #611
CherishHellfire
Mistress of Time & Space

In June, the straps on two of my favorite V.S. bras broke, so I have been boycotting girlie this summer. I figure it was providence. No bras, no nail polish, only occasionally using any hair removal( screw 'em all!), very messy and unkempt hair, no hair dye, natural colors or otherwise, no make-up(just eyebrows, as I have none), no socks, no shoes. It has been an awesome summer, and my tootsies tell the tail with there punch-line giving scars.

My B-day is on labor day, and one of my friends is taking me out for a spa day. This is something I cannot boycott, as it is a gift, but I will still be highly adamant about non-girlie behavior. I am actually a little excited to give the answer to one of the technicians that day when I am asked what my regimen is. I am just going to tell them that they could not have had my summer and a regimen too.

CherishHellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #612
auntie aubrey
excursions

^^ godiva wa sone of the first lush shampoos i ever tried. it was much nicer to my hair than "karma" and "new".

if you gals could see my shower. i had to buy one of those tension rod corner shelving systems because i had too much lush stuff to be contained in a single caddy. today i shampooed with "i love juicy." my favorite thing now is mixing "olive branch" and "happy hippy" on one scrubby. the smell is fantastic. although today i felt like i needed a little exfoliation so i used some of my own soap instead.

also, for sensitive skin and rosacea i would absolutely 100% recommend fresh pharmacy. aquamarina is pretty damn good, too. but if you have to buy mail-order aquamarina's consistency from batch to batch isn't great.

OH YES and also for sensitive skin i would also recommend "checks and balances" from origins. i love love love love that stuff.

where my origins peeps?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:27 AM   #613
JesusTitties

JesusTitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #614
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie aubrey View Post
OH YES and also for sensitive skin i would also recommend "checks and balances" from origins. i love love love love that stuff.

where my origins peeps?
Right here.

After years of using Liquid Crystal, I switched over to the Dr Andrew Weil mushroom cleanser & face cream. The face cream is too dense for the warmer months, but the cleanser is FABULOUS!!!!
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #615
auntie aubrey
excursions

i tried the mushroom cleanser and moisturizer but i couldn't convince myself that it was worth the price. i really REALLY want to believe in the power of mushrooms.... but i just don't understand the power of mushrooms.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: