ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-12-2003, 02:06 PM   #1
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Girlie Thread!

Last edited by nycwriters : 01-16-2004 at 06:40 PM.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
jaymirror
anartist

Re: Girlie Thread!

So what skin products do you use? Do you have dry, oily or combo skin? What's been the "miracle" product you've discovered and have to share.

No miracles here, it's all Made in Mother.

What line of makeup do you buy? What's been the best? Do you wear makeup every day?

I never use makeup. But if I really have to (like, I have to perform on stage or I am having hormonal thrills) then I only buy those who are not tested on animals. Solidarity to monkeys, rabbits and similar. I not only hug trees you see.

And what was your last shoe purchase? Are they cute? Did you get a bargain?

Last... dontknow. It must have been in the summer, oh yes, I bought slippers thinking I would use juste a little and never took them off again. I still have to buy new winter shoes.

SPILL YOUR BEAUTY SECRETS!

My secret is: be beautiful
jaymirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:32 PM   #3
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Thumbs up Re: Re: Girlie Thread!

Quote:
Originally posted by jaymirror

No miracles here, it's all Made in Mother.

I never use makeup.

I bought slippers thinking I would use juste a little and never took them off again. I still have to buy new winter shoes.

My secret is: be beautiful
Excuse me for buttin in here...but have to say.

RIGHT ON JAY!!!
just BE !!!
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 02:49 PM   #4
rmr

Johnson's Creamy Baby Oil...........best body moistureizer you'll find..........I shite you not, and only $3.99 a bottle. It also smells so good.........one other tip........if you want great lip gloss............splurge on Chanel by far the best i've ever purchased.........that's it for now.
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 03:17 PM   #5
Frieda
in limbo

i have a dry acne skin. at night i use benzoylperoxide to kill off the acne, during the day i use nivea cream for combo skin. miracle product is benzoylperoxide! of course, only if you're having acne skin problems of course. water is good for my skin type too, i drink at least 2 litres a day.

i use yves st laurent mascara, i have several no-name cheapass pencils for my lips, and eyes and i use brown no-name eyeshadow for my eyebrows. none of these are tested on animals.

my last purchase was in paris. 1 pair of green sneaker boots and one pair of umm.. black leather shoes with a bright red stripe! by minelli, lovely brand!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 03:39 PM   #6
rmr

I also wanted to add that WAXING is really a good thing to do..........not only for you, but believe me others will thank you for it!!
Old 11-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #7
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally posted by nycwriters
Frieda, for combo skin (sounds like yours is like mine), I've found Cetaphil is amazing. It's gentle and it doesn't dry out the skin, but manages problem areas beautifully. Origins has a great line of products too. I love their stuff. See here for more details.
thanks, i don't think i've seen that stuff around here but i'll look into it!

what the hell is that thing???

oh yeah
Old 11-12-2003, 04:01 PM   #8
Frieda
in limbo

buuuut... don't you get the soap into your freshly shaven skin and thus creating a rash?

oh yeah
Old 11-12-2003, 04:03 PM   #9
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

I use Origins skincare, religiously. Next time I am in NY, we are SOOOOOOOO spending a day @ that big store I saw & getting facials.

I have slimy Italian (oily) skin. It needs to be washed twice a day. In the winter my cheeks get dry. I have 3 different kinds of moisturizer in my bathroom right now, summer, winter & anytime. The 'miracle' product from Origins is the Out of Trouble mask, or the charcoal mask. Also, the Perfect World moisturizer. They make Perfect World for eyes, but I haven't tried it yet.

The 'miracle' product every girl should have in her makeup bag is aloe vera gel from GNC. It's like 3 bucks a tube & every once in awhile when my breakouts are bad, I dab it on & leave it for awhile. edited to say it's 99 cents a tube!!!

The line of makeup I buy is also Origins, for face makeup. For eyes, I am a Revlon whore. I like their High Dimension line, and Colorstay for eyeliner. Eye shadow, it does not matter, lipstick, ditto. I own over 45 lipsticks at last count. But I SWEAR by Bonne Bell lip balm, own several different flavors, but am partial to blueberry & pink lemonade. I slick on a thick layer at night to make them nice & soft to wake up to.

I wear makeup almost every day. When I don't, I feel like why bother dressing up either then. But I've relaxed a bit. The only thing I can't leave the house w/o is the lip balm. It did not used to be this way. I used to go out only in full makeup until the day my best friend (GBF) said to me, rather snidely "I think your public can see you w/o makeup at the Best Buy just this once." Men!

For mi cuerpo, I use Olay bodywash for DrySkin, w/the purple label. The lotion I like is Johnson's Bedtime Lotion, it smells so goood. I use this shaving lotion that I got @ a Naughty Party called Coochy, cute name but it makes the skin smooooooooth, so I use it for my legs, too. I'll Nair sometimes too if there's enough time. I will wax if there's an important occasion.

For my hair I like Pantene Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner. I use mousse occasionally, but the best product I've found for my curls is Cholesterol. After I comb my hair out, I put it on while still wet. I either let it dry naturally or use a diffuser & this stuff, which I LOVE. I rarely if ever use hairspray.

My last shoe purchase was my purple & white tennies that I got @ Kmart for like $15-$20, they were a STEAL! I think I'm trading in the baby blue ones for another pair identical to the first except a size smaller cause my feet keep shrinking. Before that it was these pretty strippy strappy black high heeled sandals I wore to my sister's wedding. I bought them in July, they are now 2 1/2 sizes too big. *cries*

For feet, I like the Freeman's BareFoot line. Plum & Pumice Scrub, Peppermint Lotion.

Also, I like Pacquin for any place, but especially for rough heels.

Last edited by priceyfatprude : 07-07-2004 at 12:39 AM.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #10
rmr

ooooh my latest shoe purchase......................

Mary Jane Heels...............very cute.........in a sweet sort of way

Ankle stretchy black high heel boot.........a must for everyone woman in the fall and winter months.

And drum roll please................

AWESOME black to the knee high heeled boots...........i have them on today with my new suede skirt...........if i didn't know better, I just might think i'm on fire!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:11 PM   #11
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

I think you ARE on fire!

I forgot to mention Johnson's Baby Oil in your bathwater, if you take baths. I used to do this when I lived @ places w/bathtubs. Which earned me the high honor of being the one to clean the tub immediately afterwards so no one slipped in the shower the next morning.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:16 PM   #12
rmr

ummmmmmmmmm...........*red face*.............i spent a "little" bit more then that on mine............but it sounds like you got yourself a deal!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:53 PM   #13
malina
leaving

my beauty secrets:

fashion

skincare

and, of course, lots of sex!
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:58 PM   #14
rmr

I love that the book states ages 45 to 105..........i mean fark, what happens if i live to be 106..........do i have to stop reading the book? Will there be other books out there for me? Also, what if i'm a really mature 44 year old? Will I be able to read that book then?? Or will there be a book available for other really mature 44 year olds?? One last question, don't you think you'd get really tired of reading that book if you read it the whole 60 years it recommends??
Old 11-12-2003, 05:00 PM   #15
malina
leaving

i think this is volume 3 out of 7.... i'll find the others for you!
malina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: