ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2004, 05:52 AM   #16
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

The ephemeral shall pass away and that which remains is eternal.

Thinking of you from an ocean away.

Lizzie
Old 05-29-2004, 07:05 AM   #17
rapscalious rob

So, so sorry for your loss.

We give you our love in these words - I wish we could give you more.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:15 AM   #18
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

{{{{ Avalon }}}}

A poor substitute for the real thing, I realize, but it's there for you just the same.

Blessings to you & your family.

Pax,
LC

"If there is a bedrock principle of the First Amendment, it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

-- Justice William J. Brennan
(1906-1997) U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Source: Texas vs. Johnson, 1989

Illegitimi non carborundum...

Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger. - Heath Ledger
LadyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:10 PM   #19
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Avalon,

So sorry to hear of such a loss.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:24 PM   #20
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Devastating. So sorry.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:22 PM   #21
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

He may be gone from your presence but he will always live in your heart. Hold onto his memory and you will never be apart.
Love and Sympathy,
David
daverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 04:44 PM   #22
red
elite rabble

You have my sympathies.
You don't need to apologize here.
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 05:09 PM   #23
ally
cunning stunt

My condolences to you & your family. My mum lost her brother in similar circumstances just over two years ago, he was about the same age & left a son of 7. There is nothing that can be said to hea lthe pain, it never goes away, but becomes part of your life. You will carry on thinking abut him, but you'll find as time goes on, these thoughts will bring you more happiness than sorrow. Life is often unfair, but like others have said already, focus on your nephew, & when the time is right, tell him all you can about his wonderful dad, even the naughty things he used to do as a kid! i wish you lots of strength for the future, & love, happiness & frendship. Ally.
ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #24
Frieda
in limbo

i am so sorry for your loss..

there is no riverbed big enough to carry your tears away, not a valley deep enough to let the river of your tears flow and no mountains big enough to make a valley big enough for your river of tears.

but there are hearts warm enough to protect you in this emptiness. to hold you and support you in this intense pain over your loss. we will be here for you.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:34 PM   #25
zefrank
-------------

i'm so sorry about your brother. i'm sure that you are a great comfort to the rest of your family. my thoughts are with you.
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:46 AM   #26
surflugen
getting Donuts

Praying for you and your familly

Avalon, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you in mind and pray for you and your familly to get past this.
surflugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #27
Clytie
thundering is my favorite

i understand death probably better than most. i work among it everyday. but it doesnt help to understand the whys behind it all. your in my prayers.

"may the Lord bless thee and keep thee
and cause his face to shine upon thee
and give thee peace"
bound by the rich red that runs coarsing
united we stand
stronger than before
able to face the dark
with hands entwined
Clytie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 06:29 PM   #28
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

Awww Avalon! I am so shocked and saddened to hear this. I won't even try to begin to know what you and your family are going through. My prayers and thoughts of comfort and healing are with you.
xoxo
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:33 PM   #29
Wldchld
in the middle of it

Av, I am so sorry. I know there is nothing anyone could say that could help heal you & your family's pain, but if I could I would. A part of him will always live on in your memories & in your heart. You & your family will be in my thoughts & in my prayers. Take care.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:47 PM   #30
Avalon

I would like to take this time to thank everyone for their kind expressions of sympathy; they have helped more than you will ever know.

We laid my beautiful brother to rest yesterday. You will be proud of me; I actually held it together and said a few words about and to my brother at the service. 3 white doves were released in his honor. The weather was perfect, the service lovely, and the whole ordeal seems sureal.
Since I have shared so much of this with you, I thought you might be interested to know that we did not dress Jeff in a suit. He stopped wearing them when he changed professions 8 years ago. He had been the co-owner of a restaurant til the birth of his son. The hours were interminable, and with the prospect of his son growing up without him, he went to sheet metal work, a 9-5 job. He was free to spend all of his free time with family, which he did.
When it came time to chose clothing for his showing, my mom panicked. "I don't see his suits anywhere". Pfft..I gently reminded her that no one would know it was Jeff if they saw him in a suit. I suggested we dress him the way he was the last time and every time I saw him: a jersey, long jean shorts, ball cap (on backwards) and tennis shoes. My brother was laid to rest wearing his favorite Michigan State jersey, shorts and shoes. His cap was on the pillow next to him. The pall bearers, along with his son and my other brother, all wore Michigan State T shirts to match Jeff's jersey. I could hear Jeff laughing at this sight....all but one pallbearer/friend are Ohio State fans. Jeff got over on them one more time He would have loved that.
I am acutely aware that there are dark days ahead for me and my family. There has been a flurry of activity these past 6 days; out of town family and friends rallying to our sides. But now it is time to get back to the task of everday living....and this is going to be the hardest part for me/us. I know there are going to be a 1,000 things I see,hear, or think of, that I will go to phone him about. Only to remember that I can no longer do that. But I suspect I will be talking to Jeff for the rest of my life. I know that I will never get over this, but I must, somehow, get past it. Learn to celebrate his life and not mourn. But that day is not this day; I will try again tomorrow, I promise.

Again, I thank you for being here for me in my time of need. I knew I had found a comfort zone here months ago and your support has shown me just how right I am about the Monkeys.
When my mom is stronger, I plan to show her all of your notes and compassionate words; I will do the same for Jordan.
Until then, I will read and reread them for myself.
Once again, I thank you. And somewhere, my baby brother thanks you for helping me.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: