Old 09-02-2004, 03:52 PM   #46
rmr

yeah - good thoughts and be careful -- please
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #47
Coffee
Cheeses Save

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

shots of the hurricane from space live right now.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:08 PM   #48
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Once more for those interested in keeping track:
Go here.
daverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #49
Aphrodite
Myth Demeanour

I just had a call from my Mom who talked to my sister by cell phone. My sister and her husband decided to heed the warnings and are trying to leave the state. She said the the highways into Florida are now open only to traffic leaving the state. They are travelling at about 10 miles an hour.

Guess where they are headed....New Orleans! Beale keep an eye out for my clan would ya? They won't be hard to miss!
Dogs, cats, birds, and baby squirrels. Oh and don't worry, the squirrels are in a cage buckled in the front seat I am sure.

Aud. Based on your comments about my sisters squirrels, and only if you want, this would be a good time for you to phone and offer them your ability to foster animals. They will need it later and won't have time to ask for public assistance as quickly as you can offer it. Don't feel like you have to. You'll probably have your hands full. I just thought I'd let you know.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:31 AM   #50
wanderlust

I am new to this board but can't help chiming in. We are watching and waiting here in NW FL. Don't think it will hit us but it could get real nasty if it slips into the gulf after mowing over south FL. Sure is scary looking on satellite, can't help but wonder if the apocolypse is nigh.
wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #51
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

We're in wait and see mode here in Jax.
They're saying now that there are literally no hotel/motel rooms between here and Savannah. The people who came up from South Florida are gonna be mighty pissed if it changes direction and they have to evacuate from here!
Went out earlier to get some breakfast fixin's and the streets here look like 7:00 am on Christmas Day. I saw one car between my house and the grocery store! It's kinda eerie but I got out of the grocery store quicker!
Since the storm has slowed, we might not see any serious rain and wind until Sunday. Bad news is if it keeps moving slowly, it'll be that much more wind and rain we'll have to deal with.
I won't be online much today or tomorrow as I want to keep the phone line free. (Only got one) Aud, Klynne, PFP, and lala all have my phone #, so if y'all don't hear from me here by Saturday night, ring me.
Wander, hopefully you won't get much but a tropical storm when it reaches you. Still rough to deal with but less in the way of wind damage. Good luck!
Old 09-03-2004, 05:12 PM   #52
zenbabe
Lollypop!

so then you have plenty of time for looting before Sunday then right?

Stay safe man!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:57 AM   #53
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

With all the po-lice on the streets right now, ain't gonna be no lootin' goin' on!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: