ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
Avalon

Question Mere Words

Quote:
I mean to go bananas over the word "Islamofacist" is really kind of silly ,I compare that to going bananas over the word Nazi or Communist.

Quote:
What are words compared to deeds ?
Quote:
They also become completely angry and agitated when you tell them this , and because I love the truth , it's just something I must do ! :D

Those mere words got me to thinking...just because you can say something, should you?

Wars have been fought over the use of "mere words". Words can scar, cripple, and ruin people. Opportunities have been removed, lives have been lost or saved, relationships begun and ended..all because of "mere words"

For those who hold with the "mere word" thought process, I say:

,Why not put your money where your "mere words" and you mouth are?
Use the "N" word out in the real world, go ahead, I dare you. Call a person of the Muslim faith an "Islamofacist". Loud and proud; they are, after all..mere words. In fact, I invite you to speak publicly on all of the subjects you have opinions about, in exactly the same manner as you would post them on a message board or blog. Don't hide on the Internet, don't hide on a message board..go public. Enlighten everyone, not just a chosen few. If you have the courage of your convictions, you should have the courage to utter these phrases aloud, at any time, where ever you are.

In the dictionary, redneck, hillbilly, cow boy,retard, pond scum, bible thumper, etc..they are just words too. Singularly. Standing alone. Until you use them in relation to a person, then, they become labels. They are as insulting and ugly as any curse word. Would any one of us enjoy being called those, or any other words of that nature?
Constitutional rights are a wonderful thing, and for the most part, I am proud to live in this country...I am not proud of all who live here however. Just because I have the right to do something doesn't make it right. And actually, racial profiling is illegal. How is labeling entire groups any different?

There are always 3 sides to everything:

Your side

their side

the truth

And my truth is, I just don't see how labeling or calling every ethnic or religious group names, solves anything.

Do you?
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

To borrow from CJ:

Gladfully = bad

Islamofascist = OK

Bah.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
Brynn
constantly amazed

"Gratefully" instead of "thankfully" or "fortunately" , and poor use of the passive voice as in "Gratefully, none of the bat guano was dumped on them."
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Brynn. hahahahah words as weapons, rather. I am laughing as I type this, as all this imagery came up. (oops, there goes that imagery thing again)

Fortunately, my ho came same time as me, so there was no charge. = bad

In this thread the word "ho" is used as a racial epithet.

Those kinds of words. hahahahaha omg i am so sorry. hahahahahahahha
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
Brynn
constantly amazed

so to rent out my garden plot to islamofascists, i would just go "ho my dirt."
Old 06-12-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #7
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Trolling (with rod in hand on a slow moving boat) = ?

Trolling (with dick in hand on a slow moving computer) = ?

I'm almost certain that both are subjective.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
And my truth is, I just don't see how labeling or calling every ethnic or religious group names, solves anything.

Do you?
It would depend on what you think the problem is, I suppose. I mean reason only furthers reasonable agendas, but not everyone's agenda is reasonable.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
Brynn
constantly amazed

For that matter, not everybody's reasoning is reasonable - !
Old 06-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #10
kjh62
Custom User Title

Quote:

Do you?
No, it doesn't solve anything. But unfortunately, we may be genetically pre-disposed to this type of labeling and fear mongering. When the Neanderthals first layed eyes on Cro-magnon man, their first instinct was to be wary of them, which was, of course, a matter of survival. It's hard wired in us to be suspicious of those who are different.

We are all prone to this type of thinking to some degree. It's what keeps the human species divided, and in a state of constant conflict and violence. As long as we identify with this race, that race, that country, or that religion --as long as we fly our crappy little flags -- we will be at each other's throats.

Message board communities are a great example of what I'm talking about. We are leery of outsiders, and are quick to label and condemn people. They are superb microcosmic examples of why we can't ever seem to get along with each other.
kjh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
The Duke
banned

Quote:
Those mere words got me to thinking...just because you can say something, should you?

Wars have been fought over the use of "mere words". Words can scar, cripple, and ruin people. Opportunities have been removed, lives have been lost or saved, relationships begun and ended..all because of "mere words"

For those who hold with the "mere word" thought process, I say:

,Why not put your money where your "mere words" and you mouth are?
Use the "N" word out in the real world, go ahead, I dare you. Call a person of the Muslim faith an "Islamofacist". Loud and proud; they are, after all..mere words. In fact, I invite you to speak publicly on all of the subjects you have opinions about, in exactly the same manner as you would post them on a message board or blog. Don't hide on the Internet, don't hide on a message board..go public. Enlighten everyone, not just a chosen few. If you have the courage of your convictions, you should have the courage to utter these phrases aloud, at any time, where ever you are.

In the dictionary, redneck, hillbilly, cow boy,retard, pond scum, bible thumper, etc..they are just words too. Singularly. Standing alone. Until you use them in relation to a person, then, they become labels. They are as insulting and ugly as any curse word. Would any one of us enjoy being called those, or any other words of that nature?
Constitutional rights are a wonderful thing, and for the most part, I am proud to live in this country...I am not proud of all who live here however. Just because I have the right to do something doesn't make it right. And actually, racial profiling is illegal. How is labeling entire groups any different?

There are always 3 sides to everything:

Your side

their side

the truth

Do you?
You know I have been looking in the wrong places , really you must tell me where it is listed in the book of anthropology that " Muslim" or even Islamofacist is a race ..

Now I know about these already : Caucusoid , Negroid , Mongoloid ....but the new races you list are just nowhere to be found in any periodicals or encyclopedias .....

Yes I love the truth , now it's time for some ....

I know you are a moderator , and you have an inflated vision of your role here , but to add a new race is something else ...don't ya think ?

as for me I am no racist at all , but I do admit to being a religionist ....Yes you really got me there with that one !

Last edited by The Duke : 06-15-2007 at 10:13 AM.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #12
Avalon

"Yes I love the truth , now it's time for some"

Priceless.
HAHAHHAAAAAA.
Get a dictionary, spell check, or both. Your favorite label isn't recognized and neither is your self given title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. noise noise noise noise insult insult ethnic slur, racial slam, me me me me me it's all about me and what I think is wrong with everyone else but me me I am right I am right I am right I am right Only I know the truth Blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah On and on and on ond on ond on and on and on And on and on on ononononononon"
Just because you pat yourself on the back for not using the word "hate", doesn't mean it can't be heard, loud and clear, throughout all of your posts. The only person you're kidding is you.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #13
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh62 View Post
as long as we fly our crappy little flags
Yay, my favourite pet hate. Don't shove a flag in my face at the end of a long haul while I am standing in an endless line. It's guaranteed to make my head spin round.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #14
kjh62
Custom User Title

Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasacutsnake View Post
Yay, my favourite pet hate. Don't shove a flag in my face at the end of a long haul while I am standing in an endless line. It's guaranteed to make my head spin round.
I love and treasure individuals as I meet them; I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to. -- George Carlin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: