Old 05-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
Exclamation Free The Teletubbies!

Poland targets 'gay' Teletubbies
By Adam Easton
BBC News, Warsaw

A senior Polish official has ordered psychologists to investigate whether the popular BBC TV show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual lifestyle.

The spokesperson for children's rights in Poland, Ewa Sowinska, singled out Tinky Winky, the purple character with a triangular aerial on his head.

"I noticed he was carrying a woman's handbag," she told a magazine. "At first, I didn't realise he was a boy."

EU officials have criticised Polish government policy towards homosexuals.

Ms Sowinska wants the psychologists to make a recommendation about whether the children's show should be broadcast on public television.

Poland's authorities have recently initiated a series of moves to outlaw the promotion of homosexuality among the nation's children.

Tinky Winky's psychological evaluation is being treated fairly light-heartedly by many people here.

One radio station asked its listeners to vote for the most suspicious children's show. Some e-mailed in to point out that Winnie the Pooh had only male friends.

Even Ms Sowinska has backtracked a little, insisting that she does not believe the Teletubbies is a threat to the nation's children. But the evaluation is still going ahead and her office can recommend that the show should be taken off the air.

Poland was criticised recently after its education ministry announced plans to sack teachers who promote homosexuality.

Last month the European Union singled out Poland for criticism in its resolution condemning homophobia in the 27-member bloc.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
Frieda
in limbo

after 10, 12 years

oh yeah
Old 05-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
yes, there's a whole generation of polish boys swinging handbags and gossiping about the eurovision song contest about to burst on to the scene.
it must have happened all over europe but i didn't notice it.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I believe it's called a "man bag"

-Dr. Seuss
Old 05-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig johnston View Post
yes, there's a whole generation of polish boys swinging handbags and gossiping about the eurovision song contest about to burst on to the scene.
it must have happened all over europe but i didn't notice it.
Well, if Poland wants to be among the top 3 in the Eurovision song contest one day, they maybe should "promote" (??) "homosexual lifestyle" (??)...

There's somebody who could help with handbags better than Tinky Winky though (btw what T.W. carries is a 'magic bag'):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nO34jGuAHw

Bruce Darnell - the man who shows how to make a handbag 'alive'!

Last edited by Stephi_B : 05-29-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
Frieda
in limbo

manpurses rock

at my previous job 2 of my male colleagues carried manpurses, neither of them was gay.. is that weird? what are the statistics for manpurses?

oh yeah
Old 05-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
zenbabe
Lollypop!

^^^^ you have to be gay to have one.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 05-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
T.I.P.
balancing actor

Murses are less uncommon in Europe than in the US because men tend to have more pockets there.

That is how my friend Lindsay from California analyzeD it. So it must be true.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^^Maybe men here have more pockets because they don't want to carry murses.

Surely someone has written a dissertation on the psychological signifcance of the fear of no pockets.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:37 PM   #10
Frieda
in limbo

it was in the news today: tinky winky poses no threat to the little children of poland!

phew

oh yeah
Old 05-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #11
Brynn
constantly amazed

Not quite the same thing as your typical pocket, and has nothing to do with Teletubbies, but the concept might some day solve the man purse dilemma. But probably not.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #12
T.I.P.
balancing actor

^ question is: can he fit a cellphone in there ?

edit: hmmm that reminds me a bit too much of some recent marcus bales posts
Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #13
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbabe View Post
^^^^ you have to be gay to have one.
Well, actually such men bags would look good on hetero men either - far more aesthetic than half the household stuffed into trouser pockets...
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #14
Avalon

I find Barney and The Wiggles far more disturbing than anything the Teletubbies can dish out. Atleast the 'Tubbies are cute.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Old 05-31-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
The Duke
banned

It just came to me , You're the one who is actually bonkers ..and that can only come from watching too much Tinky Winky , Dipsy, LaLa , and Po.

Tinky Winky is not Gay , the TeleTubbies are strictly for anal retentive Morons ...

The Automatic Vacuum Cleaner Robot is the Homosexual on that show .....anyone could have guessed it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig johnston View Post
Poland targets 'gay' Teletubbies
By Adam Easton
BBC News, Warsaw

A senior Polish official has ordered psychologists to investigate whether the popular BBC TV show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual lifestyle.

The spokesperson for children's rights in Poland, Ewa Sowinska, singled out Tinky Winky, the purple character with a triangular aerial on his head.

"I noticed he was carrying a woman's handbag," she told a magazine. "At first, I didn't realise he was a boy."

EU officials have criticised Polish government policy towards homosexuals.

Ms Sowinska wants the psychologists to make a recommendation about whether the children's show should be broadcast on public television.

Poland's authorities have recently initiated a series of moves to outlaw the promotion of homosexuality among the nation's children.

Tinky Winky's psychological evaluation is being treated fairly light-heartedly by many people here.

One radio station asked its listeners to vote for the most suspicious children's show. Some e-mailed in to point out that Winnie the Pooh had only male friends.

Even Ms Sowinska has backtracked a little, insisting that she does not believe the Teletubbies is a threat to the nation's children. But the evaluation is still going ahead and her office can recommend that the show should be taken off the air.

Poland was criticised recently after its education ministry announced plans to sack teachers who promote homosexuality.

Last month the European Union singled out Poland for criticism in its resolution condemning homophobia in the 27-member bloc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: