FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-06-2003, 01:50 AM   #1
simedog
makes ya think, don't it?

serious 1-3 sentence story

alright here are the rules:
- post either one, two, or three sentences at a time
- copy and paste what has been typed so far, so we just have to read the last one anytime anyone's reading it
- i want to see this come out as a story, not a poem or anytang
- try to keep it a serious story, we're not talking like, super hardcore drama or anything, just try to keep the silly stuff out
- i want to see how long a serious story can last on here, let's do eet!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bullshit. It'll never work." Sam took one last long drag off his cigarette before flicking it to the gritty pavement.
simedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 03:25 AM   #2
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I walked in the door.

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 04:32 AM   #3
RuneT
baaaaah?

Like any other day.

RuneT, respect!!
RuneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I walked in the door.

Like any other day. But today was not like any other day. And as though to prove it, nobody came to greet me.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:08 PM   #5
simedog

I walked in the door.

Like any other day. But today was not like any other day. And as though to prove it, nobody came to greet me.

I let a long sigh escape my lips. Thinking back to last night, it's a wonder I'm not dead.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:25 PM   #6
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

I walked in the door.

I let a long sigh escape my lips. Thinking back to last night, it's a wonder I'm not dead. The car had missed me by a matter of inches. My heart beat faster just thinking about how close it had been.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:12 PM   #7
ambo
feline, naturally

I walked in the door.

I let a long sigh escape my lips. Thinking back to last night, it's a wonder I'm not dead. The car had missed me by a matter of inches. My heart beat faster just thinking about how close it had been.

It was too dark to see the driver's face. But I'll never forget that laugh as long as I live.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #8
FiveWs

I walked in the door.

It was too dark to see the driver's face. But I'll never forget that laugh as long as I live. The car had been aimed directly at me. Which one of them was driving? The car seemed familar. I looked for a paper to write down everything I could remember about the car, driver and that laugh.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:55 AM   #9
simedog

I walked in the door.

It was too dark to see the driver's face. But I'll never forget that laugh as long as I live. The car had been aimed directly at me. Which one of them was driving? The car seemed familar. I looked for a paper to write down everything I could remember about the car, driver and that laugh. A '55 Chevy...seafoam green...and that laugh. It was deep and resonant, yet also had a high-pitched screaming sound to it.
baby's in Reno with the vitamin D

simon
Old 06-09-2003, 11:36 AM   #10
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I walked in the door.

It was too dark to see the driver's face. But I'll never forget that laugh as long as I live. The car had been aimed directly at me. Which one of them was driving? The car seemed familar. I looked for a paper to write down everything I could remember about the car, driver and that laugh. A '55 Chevy...seafoam green...and that laugh. It was deep and resonant, yet also had a high-pitched screaming sound to it.

I was almost sure. The driver was Gunter, my colleague and closest friend. And though I was having trouble believing it, the passenger beside him was my wife Vanessa.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:06 AM   #11
ambo
feline, naturally

I walked in the door.

I was almost sure. The driver was Gunter, my colleague and closest friend. And though I was having trouble believing it, the passenger beside him was my wife Vanessa.

I stumbled up the stairs to our bedroom, my head throbbing. God, I'd always hated that chenille bedspread. I began rifling through Vanessa's bureau drawers, tossing unmentionables carelessly as I searched, looking for something tangible, something to explain her presence in that car.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:40 AM   #12
Guido
monkey

I walked in the door.

It was too dark to see the driver's face. But I'll never forget that laugh as long as I live. The car had been aimed directly at me. Which one of them was driving? The car seemed familiar. I looked for a paper to write down everything I could remember about the car, driver and that laugh. A '55 Chevy...seafoam green...and that laugh. It was deep and resonant, yet also had a high-pitched screaming sound to it.

I stumbled up the stairs to our bedroom, my head throbbing. God, I'd always hated that chenille bedspread. I began rifling through Vanessa's bureau drawers, tossing unmentionables carelessly as I searched, looking for something tangible, something to explain her presence in that car.

Having emptied the dressers and half the closet, I drop my exhausted body prostrate on the bed. I still have a nagging feeling there is some clue to be found. I donít know what Iím looking for and I donít even know if Iím looking in the right place.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:43 AM   #13
noxxville
Disco Maven

I walked in the door.

It was too dark to see the driver's face. But I'll never forget that laugh as long as I live. The car had been aimed directly at me. Which one of them was driving? The car seemed familiar. I looked for a paper to write down everything I could remember about the car, driver and that laugh. A '55 Chevy...seafoam green...and that laugh. It was deep and resonant, yet also had a high-pitched screaming sound to it.

Having emptied the dressers and half the closet, I drop my exhausted body prostrate on the bed. I still have a nagging feeling there is some clue to be found. I donít know what Iím looking for and I donít even know if Iím looking in the right place.

Then it hits me like a champagne hangover; the greenhouse! It made perfect sense. My god, how many hours did she spend in that dank place?
Old 06-10-2003, 02:02 AM   #14
tifbug

Quote:
Originally posted by noxxville
I walked in the door.

Then it hits me like a champagne hangover; the greenhouse! It made perfect sense. My god, how many hours did she spend in that dank place?
But I had asked a million times, and she assured me there was nothing between her and Gunter. And I believed her. But now Ö now what was I to believe. Especially after she had told me she was going out with Sarah and Melanie last night. I thought she looked, and smelled, too good when she left to just be hanging out with the girls.
tifbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:17 AM   #15
simedog

I walked in the door.

But I had asked a million times, and she assured me there was nothing between her and Gunter. And I believed her. But now Ö now what was I to believe. Especially after she had told me she was going out with Sarah and Melanie last night. I thought she looked, and smelled, too good when she left to just be hanging out with the girls.

I needed to make a call. I reached over to grab the phone, when I realized something was missing from the nightstand.
baby's in Reno with the vitamin D

simon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: