ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT > Dormant Stories
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2002, 12:27 AM   #1
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Sprint story writing

This only works if a group of us are all present and prepared to write in a frenzy ... remember wind sprints in high school (no this does not include running for the bus) ... you post one after the other frenetically adding to the story ... impulse writing ... the faster the better.... and you have a set time with which to finish ... say 20 minutes?

Of course we'd have to organize a time to have at least four players ... but who's up for it?
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:21 AM   #2
oldsoul2002
monkey

moi, but we'd have to arrange someway, or order so that people dont both add the next line at the same time?
oldsoul2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:40 AM   #3
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

yeah how to do that? it has to be whoever's quickest .... so it can't be a set order ... half the fun is beating the other to the punch ... how about if a double post is there, the person who came in second has to go back and edit a "connector" sentence that's innocuous and doesn't break the flow of the story?

OR! OR! OR! .... they have to go back and edit and put in "TOO SLOW" instead .... hehe.

Other solutions?

I'm wondering how it will work with that 60 second flood thingy Ze has working ....
Old 11-21-2002, 01:47 AM   #4
oldsoul2002
monkey

Editing a connector sentence might be a little tedious, especially since people will have to wait until the slower person edits there post. Why not post in order? I mean if we have four or five people, who are committed to doing this quickly, we shouldn't lose any of the intensity of the story. And remember a lot can happen in 5 contributions... if you try and plan ahead, a great moment or phrase, you might find yourself out of context by the time your turn comes again.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:52 AM   #5
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

nah, the whole point of is it to see how quickly someone can continue the flow of the story .... sharp wit ... if you have an order then you may find yourself waiting .... the point is to slam 'em down ... and my point about the connector sentence is that it wouldn't stop the flow of the story ... it's like a penalty mode, if you don't post fast enough ... you have to go back and edit a sentence that will still work with the existing flow of the story, meanwhile your compatriots are continuing it and watching it grow ... only WHEN you have fixed that double post, THEN you can jump back into the fray ....
Old 11-21-2002, 01:56 AM   #6
oldsoul2002
monkey

ok you've convinced me of your thought there, but wouldn't people have to wait and see what that connector sentence is before they can contribute? I mean if someone posts before someone has edited... maybe i'm just argueing for the sake of argueing, i dunno.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:58 AM   #7
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Nah there are ways to put superfluous sentences into ANY story ... trust me.... it's actually good writing discipline ...
Old 11-21-2002, 02:02 AM   #8
oldsoul2002
monkey

yey! im a 'member' now! yeah actually as long as the edit doesn't contain a huge offer that the next poster must respond to. Sounds like fun... we should figure out a time and people to do this with

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: