ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT > Questions, Suggestions, Favorite Lines
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2002, 01:30 PM   #1
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Big Question for Ze

Please Almighty Ze,
give your faithful followers a few thoughts at the end of the year, on how you think the board is now. Is it turning out as you expected? Will you be doing anything new for '03? Is it still as diverse as you thought it would be? Are we just pissing in the wind?
Are we cool or what?
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 01:41 PM   #2
zefrank
-------------

response translated to spanish - english-french-english

the card was much better than I hoped. It could not have invited a
responsive and a more gifted handle to strike it with the foot
chechmate. Very enthralling to see what always arrives at the
addonartsection and I persecute more a more formal version of the very
happy fiction project. overrall and AM observing ahead with the way in
which it is.
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 03:48 PM   #3
catbelly
monkey

Hey all, hope I'm not hijacking this thread for my own purposes, but I'm curious - what did everyone else expect from this board? Dinzdale referred to the board being diverse (or expecting it to be diverse), did you all think the same?

I didn't really know what to expect here. My assumption was that we would all be a bunch of people who like Ze's page enough to want to meet other people who like Ze's page... but other than that...? What would we have in common? The major participation in the fiction projects and the art threads is great - not something I would have expected.

A really nice surprise is how open people seem to be, whether it's with pictures of themselves or sharing personal experiences. There isn't the level of ... wariness? ... that I've seen on other boards.
catbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 05:14 PM   #4
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

I hopped on this board expecting it to be funny! I never would have thought i'd be so hooked. And.. I got to see Ze's butt!

I figured that by exposing my home city and picture, the most that could happen would be a monkey recognizing me at a 7-11! No harm done there, right?
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 01:06 PM   #5
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Ze is a very creative individual. We admire that in him. It follows that those who would be drawn to his work would also have some creativity in them.

Creative people are the best people in my opinion. They're unpredictable, passionate and create an atmosphere of diversity that encourages and nurtures more creativity.

I think that's what we have here. I hope that never changes.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:17 AM   #6
bealeblues
where's my salt?

and it's a great way to muddle through an otherwise mundane work day
Old 12-24-2002, 12:15 AM   #7
amanda
old s'cool

sorted

I think I've got it...allow me to share.

Ze has a great website (pointing out the obvious). But from what it sounds like, in past, he has been inundated with requests, comments, critiques, other people's own version of "elaine ripped me off" and what not.

As much fun as it is for the rest of the world, I'm sure he would appreciate us to go find our own playdough to stick our fingers in. Or at least play for a while, THEN show our work off to him- and to the rest of the world. So others too can be encouraged to stick their own fingers in some playdough, and so on.

Pay it forward, creative-style.

As for playing with us- not too many jungle gym builders play in their own creations. Which is not to say they get pleasure out of WATCHING us play...
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:02 AM   #8
masterofNone
________

I think 'ze is either a cookie or rum raisin ice cream. Not a spot more nor a spot less. And that's all I have to say on that matter.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:56 AM   #9
amanda
old s'cool

he's a cookie. macadamia nut. with raisins (unless you don't like them) and BIG chunks of dark chocolate, not white.

Never white chocolate.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:09 AM   #10
killjoyloser
monkey

Location: where am i? no one knows. but everytime you look at your shoelace, you won't see me, you'll see....your shoelace.
Unhappy

bah!
ALWAYS white chocolate.

white chocolate isn't even chocolate...which makes is senseless to call it "white chocolate".

but remember, it makes sense to eat food that doesn't make sense at all. why? because that whole philosophy doesn't make sense.

how do you make sense anyway? how many cups of flour do you need?

meep. i've deviated from the whole point of my post (yes, there was a point)

bottom line: there's always room for white chocolate.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:04 AM   #11
amanda
old s'cool

No editing...this was sitting on my hard drive

-------------------------------------------------------------

The creators of white chocolate got it all wrong.

The taste, the texture, the illicit fulfillment of desire in the rich darkness of sweet and a seductive twinge of the forbidden – these are sorely lacking in a bar of white chocolate.

White chocolate conjures up images of “Better Homes and Gardens”, Tupperware parties and hairdressers named Flo.

White chocolate is not exactly innocent. Not in the way honeysuckles and kitten whiskers are. No, white chocolate is ignorant. Ignorant of what his other brothers offer to the world, milk and the ever-coveted princely dark. If he only knew, he would be searching for the newest developments in sunless tanning, booking trips to South America to seek out his distant relative, the cocoa bean.

But he retains his position on the food chain, edible as sugar cookies and as every bit as sexy as a cherry-flavored kool-aid moustache.

-------------------------------------------

Believe me, NEVER white chocolate.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #12
killjoyloser
monkey

Location: where am i? no one knows. but everytime you look at your shoelace, you won't see me, you'll see....your shoelace.
white, always the symbol of purity, teams up with a sensual edible concoction to create the ever so exotic, white chocolate.

while dismissing the signs of evil and all that is wrong with the world, white chocolate still manages to retain the richness of taste and ability to satisfy the senses. it's quite the gastronomical treat, i must say.

though seemingly inferior to its darker relative, this confection is quite misunderstood and underrated.

however, i would like to clarify that i do occasionally enjoy the darker adversary.

let's face it; chocolate in of itself is just plain awesome.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:25 PM   #13
amanda
old s'cool

ergo, the person that was likened to the cookie above.

right, white chocolate chunks are added- he appeals to many.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:30 AM   #14
1kookykat
Black ants vs. white ants

Who's Ergo? I thought we were talking abouy Ze.

I think he's a chocolate covered coconut haystack with a glass of merlot and a fine cigar (a delicious combination, try it). And just when you think you're enjoying yourself the cigar explodes and you laugh your ass off for three days.

Here's a treat for slug lickers. Click on "Insectivore" for some chocolaty treats.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #15
catbelly
monkey

Mmmm... !

Ze is a packet of cherry pop rocks. Surflugen is a blue Mr. Freezie. Lapietra is an almond praline with fresh raspberries and cream. Beale is a tall cool pint of lager. NYC is a vodka martini, extra dry, extra olives. Angie is catnip! Deviate is a wicked espresso macchiato. Amanda is one of those jawbreakers that's sky blue on the outside and a million different colours inside. MoN is a chewy hash brownie. Dinzdale is scotch and a baby drop of water. Arif-ul-Haq is a freshly torched creme brulee with orange zest and candied ginger.

Read into that what you will, folks
catbelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: