ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #1456
12"razormix
° ★ °

that's a very becoming new avy ms. fox, where did you get it?
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #1457
xfox
slightly effective

Thanks! zero came up with it. In my next life I plan to be a graphic artist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
much as i'd like to, i don't own the colour blue. however during my morning rounds just now i happened upon this arresting image.. well it arrested me anyway and maybe it'll arrest you too. (dinnae worry - in the tiny wee version the lady's mahoosive lugs & that thing on hers chin are barely noticeable)

professor kong
I like yours, too.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #1458
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Hawker aka Dorker. It's where they filmed Wolf Creek. Nough said.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #1459
lukkucairi
earth worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie aubrey View Post
um.

yeah.

i live in alpharetta.

while i can see many reasons for hating many places, and i can see many reasons to regard this area as a suburban idealist's wet dream, i hardly would consider it horrible enough to rank on a list of least favorite places in the world. i don't want to be THAT person who gets all defensive about their home geography, but this question strikes me as fairly mean-spirited.

there, i said it.
my apologies - twas not meant to be mean-spirited, but I am a jackass at times.

I'm removing alpharetta from the list because your presence means I have a reason to like it. it's the people who make the place for me.

ok, who lives in foxdale?
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #1460
12"razormix
° ★ °

if we want to start to apologize for our likes and dislikes, we're in real trouble here..
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #1461
Earthling
Human User

Now isn't this strange?
I have the same answer for the last two questions. 'Lynhurst, New York'
As a child growing up, Lynhurst was a paradise. It's an island off long island surrounded on 3 sides by canals, and the ocean on the other. We would swim, fish, go clamming, hunt crabs, etc. all summer long. And even though the canals were salt water, they would freeze coz of lack of water movement, so we could skate all winter. And there were empty sandlots atleast every other house, which were great for forts, baseball, digging, hide-n-seek, etc.
Now that I'm grown, i returned there several years ago.
No sandlots left, all homes now. The canals are all polluted from boat gases, and the saline in that part of the ocean has increased, so even the canals no longer freeze in winter. It was the destruction of my childhood paradise. I hope to never go there again.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #1462
Earthling
Human User

Now isn't this strange?
I have the same answer for the last two questions. 'Lynhurst, New York'
As a child growing up, Lynhurst was a paradise. It's an island off long island surrounded on 3 sides by canals, and the ocean on the other. We would swim, fish, go clamming, hunt crabs, etc. all summer long. And even though the canals were salt water, they would freeze coz of lack of water movement, so we could skate all winter. And there were empty sandlots atleast every other house, which were great for forts, baseball, digging, hide-n-seek, etc.
Now that I'm grown, i returned there several years ago.
No sandlots left, all homes now. The canals are all polluted from boat gases, and the saline in that part of the ocean has increased, so even the canals no longer freeze in winter. It was the destruction of my childhood paradise. I hope to never go there again.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #1463
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Camelot.
It is a silly place.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #1464
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12"razormix View Post
if we want to start to apologize for our likes and dislikes, we're in real trouble here..
no apology was requested or required. likes and dislikes are purely subjective and of course everyone has a right to their opinion.

in my opinion, the way in which folks choose to express their opinions can sometimes be objectionable, and there's nothing wrong with objecting when something is objectionable. whether or not folks feel the need to apologize for their expression is purely up to them.

no need to add an apology clause to ye olde forum rules.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #1465
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

Ingolstadt (Bavaria, straight in the middle between Nuremberg and Munich)
Lived there 11 years ('86-'97), we moved several times within the city but always managed to live only a stonethrow away from both the highway (A9, THE North-South traffic axis in Germany) and some oil refinery (look quite spacey at night, but cover everything outside and even inside if you leave open the window with black grease). Except from the tiny middle-age Old Town (nothing remarkable either), some historic highlights (Illuminati were (re?)founded there, the beer purity law was released there, owned once a famous university, had some eccentric dukes) and Mary Shelley setting her Frankenstein there it consists of triste industry areas, lots of social housing (without any subculture except a criminal one, heard there were for example 200-something burglaries within the last 3 months of the year 2007, not bad for a city with 120,000 inhabitants) and some suburbian hell hoods. The density of assholes is remarkable high (even if we leave aside my mother and stepfathers #1 and #2), nightlife underdeveloped for a Bavarian city of that size, just outside the city limits the Danube swampland begins, they used to send criminals to live there once (poor fellas!), my mother bought a fugly, askew house outta there...

Munich
Yuppie stronghold, soaked with arrogance, smugness and this BS, Upper Bavarians (unfortunately quite successful) sell to the world as Bavarian culture, yeah and then they are fanatic about security (well, that why richer-than-Kroesus oil sheiks love the city for shopping vacations, yearly medical check-ups), fear that will become worse now after the recent attacks in the subway, dunno if that is still true but in the 90s Munich was the million+ city with the highest police density WORLDWIDE. Out of my own experience I know that it can happen that you sit peaceful, with a travelling bag at a bus stop, just one, two blocks away from the train mainstation and a police van stops and they check your data (even calling police in your home city) and whereabouts as if, dunno, just crazy. Only thing I can say positive about Munich: good film productions, quite some art/creative scene (though both can be a bit arrogant, overly self-conscious at times, see above).

Oh, if I think closely, Upper Bavaria sucks even outside the two urban centres I described above... so if you are touristically interested in Bavaria, please, stay away from that Oktoberfest-Lederhosen-Gamsbart-Neuschwanstein-yodelling-shite and visit Franconia (Nuremberg, Würzburg, Bamberg), Upper Palatinate (Regensburg, Donaustauff/Wallhalla close by) and Lower Bavaria (Straubing with the Gäubodenfest which got 1000x style than Oktoberfest and is the 2nd biggest fair of that kind in Germany after all, Landshut, Passau, the national park Bayrischer Wald, Czech and Austrian borders close by)

Last edited by Stephi_B : 01-13-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: adding of a word and a comma
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #1466
Frieda
in limbo

none, i've lived in many places but all in the same area of the NLs. i wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the NL's but here in the Amsterdam area. well, maybe in Haarlem or even closer to the sea and dunes one day when i'm making enough money.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #1467
Stephi_B

New Q for today 15.01.2008:

¿ What is (are) the main source(s) of inspiration for you ?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #1468
Stephi_B

night: my time of the day, hard to explain, but then I can think best, feel clearest, ...
interacting with people, watching people/life outside
music(clips)
geometric forms, numbers

Although I read a lot (even the ingredient list of toothpaste and shampoo , the written word does not inspire me that much somehow)
Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #1469
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

children
Old 01-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #1470
zero
ª ★ ª

datta. dayadhvam. damyata.
shantih shantih shantih
zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread