ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
Avalon

Take a Chance...

I am trying to avoid further hijacking of the "sigh" thread.

I am going to update this with pics and news for anyone interested. If no one but me is interested, it will serve as a little online journal for my ongoing insanity. LOL

l'azizzato answer a few of your questions:

He was one of a litter of unknown size; the others were moved by mom to a new locale..he saw fit to fall down a 4 foot hole into a pipe. My hsb. and a co worker fished him out with a reaching tool and a hankie. ( Necessity is the mother of invention lol ).

He is ever so tiny and fragile; he craves contact. We took a 45 minute nap..me on the couch with him firmly ensconced under my chin, his head in my hair. And yes, he is old enough to eat solids, but he is so frantic for food that he chokes and aspirates fluids through his nose. I think once he learns we aren't going to stop feeding him, he will calm down and get with the program just fine.

His ears do appear clean, but he does occasionally shake his head; I will be cleaning them with a swab and some oil tomorrow as he is too young for mite meds.
He will be visiting the vets within 2 weeks barring any unforeseen emergency. We have thoroughly inspected and examined every inch of his minute body..much to his dismay. He appears and acts amazingly healthy; he is alert and energetic..and once he is put in his kennel..extremely vocal. I gave him a teddy bear, but he prefers my neck.

He is, at least for now, part of an Ark. We have many animals of all shapes and sizes, all of them rescues except for our Poms. They have all given him a sniff, and me that "WTF?" look. So far, only Paisley, our tuxedo cat, has let her annoyance be known. She is no longer the "new kid". lol

The 4 year old wants to call him "Skippy Jon Jones" after her favorite series of books...I like Evinrude..since he sounds like a tiny boat motor. Hsb. calls him "your new cat". Pfft. haha

thanks for all the kind words and wishes.

Anyone want a kitten??

eta..mispelled l'azizza
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
auntie aubrey
excursions

poor little guy. i would love pictures and updates.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
Avalon

He is now eating from a plate unassisted. It isn't pretty. lol His technique consists of standing in the middle of the plate and acting like a Hoover. I have tried every size plate, saucer,flat bottomed bowl that I own with the same results. Anything with depth and he ends up scaring us both. It is just easier to have a clean, wet warm washcloth handy and give him the once over. lol

He slept all night unless he heard me up and about; then he screamed like a banshee til the lights went out again. He plays hard and falls asleep mid run like a tiny narcoleptic...only to spring to life 10 minutes later. He is doing his amazing kitty coma routine as I type...perched in the crook of my hsb.'s arm after doing battle with a penlight. We will be watching a movie later.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Old 06-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
auntie aubrey
excursions

the last little hobo cat i took in (a marmalade tabby named "pete") would do the kitten-coma thing. my theory was that he had to work so hard at surviving and being aware while he was outside that he needed to catch up on serious sleep once he was safe. he would bound around the house, then crawl up onto my shoulder and and fall asleep with his nose buried behind my left ear lobe.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #5
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Good idea, Avalon. There seems to be some anti-feline feelings around here. That's ok. You love what you want to love.

Last edited by Jack Flanders : 06-27-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #6
lukkucairi
earth worker

Ava, just wanted to say this all sounds too cute

pix of the little guy sometime?
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 AM   #7
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

And poop report, please. First thing in the morning.
l'azizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:01 AM   #8
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
why there's no catchy abba tunes in this thread!
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:30 AM   #9
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post

The 4 year old wants to call him "Skippy Jon Jones" after her favorite series of books...I like Evinrude..since he sounds like a tiny boat motor. Hsb. calls him "your new cat". Pfft. haha
that's why i named my cat Turbo.. she produced a huge amount noise for such a tiny kitten! Turbo would run around and play and then fall asleep right in the middle of the living room. or at her food bowl..

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #10
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox View Post
why there's no catchy abba tunes in this thread!
http://bulletin.zefrank.com/showpost...&postcount=469
Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #11
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

hahaha I've been thinking of that song too but I've always been too afraid to go into the "worst song to get stuck in your head" thread.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Avalon

Poop report: YESSSS. Roughly half his body weight. lol

How lame am I?? I was so excited that I called my hsb. at work. But, in my defence, I am due to go out of town tomorrow..and HSB. is taking over as caregiver; this development will make it easier for all involved. I am ever so lucky that I married this man..he is my enabler, my rock, and my backup...he is pretty much game for anything and has had to handle most everything animal related since he met me.

Jack.. Did Dinz or T stick their heads into this thread?? lol
I can handle them.

lukkucairi: thanks..yes, I will try to catch him in a still moment and post one or 2; he charges the camera or scurries along the furniture at about 100 mph.

Frieda: I wondered how Turbo got her name!

Hyakujo's Fox..I will secretly call him "Fernando"

auntie aubrey...http://bulletin.zefrank.com/showpost...&postcount=469
enabler! lol

Thanks everyone..I will keep this updated. Please feel free to post your pics and such
Groucho Marx
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

Maybe something is in the air, maybe a paradigm shift and not just the fact of kitten/ puppy season, because I got this from my brother this a.m.

"so this puppy zeus comes into my life .... i am in love . i am proud . i now know the feeling of real purpose . every day he amazes me . makes me and everybodyelse smile . he is so special . i have come to accept him as my one and only gift and i embrace and praise the energy or power that rewarded me with his being . Zeus ."
Old 06-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #14
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^Aw, that made me all weepy!
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #15
Frieda
in limbo

this thread is so cute that it HURTS

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote