ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #121
lukkucairi
earth worker

a rubble of bones!

Last edited by lukkucairi : 01-05-2014 at 10:59 PM.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #122
Odbe
hope dope

^Poetry.

Last night I dreamed about a place and I knew its name without being told. It was the 'Demon Pathway'. It's just the width of one person, so you can walk through it but there's not much room. One side is a fence, high above your head. It is made up of chain link, wire, barbed wire and a couple of electric wires. These are serious electric wires, not the ones that give a little zap but the ones that cause intense pain to livestock.

The other side is a solid wall just higher than my head. It's made out of smooth black stone, but it's not glassy or polished. A wide groove runs down the middle; it's blood-red. A pack of wolves, pups and all, patrol the top of this wall, padding up and down the red line.

The pathway is crowded by people in single file, jostling, pushing each other over, running up and down the pathway even though it goes nowhere. They are so afraid of the wolves that they shy away from them and catch themselves on the barbed wire and are shocked by the electric ones.
In a fluid movement I jump to the top of the wall and run along the wolves' path.
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:07 PM   #123
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I fell asleep reading to my son and must've begun to dream immediately. I was watering the flowers in the dark. I pushed back the sage branches to turn on the water, and on the ground under the faucet was a deer skull. Totally fleshless, bleached. The antlers were broken off and the points driven into the dirt, pinning the skull down. The eyes were still intact and in place, shining iridescent blue and green, as though still alive.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #124
lukkucairi
earth worker

a rubble of bones!

Last edited by lukkucairi : 01-05-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #125
lukkucairi
earth worker

I watched the hereditary prince of a southeast Asian country flying over the domain that was to be his when he reached the age of majority.

the regent was a bad man. the people were suffering. the ruling clique tortured and killed them for fun. the villagers had invented a kind of wooden sphere-shaped hut, where the worst injured could go to recover.

there was no chance of mutiny. everyone's spirit had been broken.

the prince was quietly appalled, and slipped away from his retinue to go and live among his people. one day he would restore justice.

later on, I swam to shore among floating sheets of newspaper
Old 04-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #126
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

lulu needs to stop eating pepperoni and banana sandwiches right before bed.

But then again, not, because then I wouldn't get to read these gems ^^

I had a dream that I awoke to find there had been an ice storm, here in late April. I could see the ice coating the branches of the tree outside my bedroom window. I've gotten the garden back in bloom this year as a talisman, in hopes my own life would bloom again in parallel, and I was dismayed that they'd all be dead. But when I went out, I found the wind had blown so that the house had sheltered them all, and the ice only started a few feet from the beds. They were as bright as ever and the sun was already shining.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #127
lukkucairi
earth worker

^ nice one
Old 04-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #128
lukkucairi
earth worker

more pepperoni and banana for pearly:

We were in Greece, and a group of friends and I went exploring and found Winston Churchill's old houseboat. We climbed aboard and there were still bottles of liquor and half-filled glasses on the tables - it was like the wreck of the Marie Celeste.

...So we did the sensible thing and drank the rest of the liquor.

Then a few of us decided to go swimming, and a storm blew up - a waterspout was coming straight for us, and we were too far away from either boat or shore to avoid it. I lay back in the water and sank below the surface a little, and the vortex passed right over me.

I thought perhaps Jared had been hurt by it, but he was fine.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #129
lukkucairi
earth worker

so, later on in Amsterdam, we were working to free the houseboat from the sea-ice on the canal, and the salt and corrosion of the metal cut my hands and turned them black.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:38 AM   #130
Brynn
constantly amazed

the man on the street corner was shouting that he didn't pay his taxes because the government was trying to blow up the moon. he claimed that they got the idea from guy pierce in "the time machine." guy pierce was walking by and gave him some money. he wouldn't take it from him.

my daughter got out of our car that was in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway and started running for the bus in the next lane over. she barely caught it through the back door and clambered up, but the door was hanging ajar. As she was leaning out of the bus to close the door, traffic started moving again. we watched her lose her balance and helplessly tumble out into traffic in front of our moving car.

It's night. Trees are whispering the names of the moon in all the different languages that they know. a boy under a tree is reading the names of the craters out loud from a book, and the trees repeat them.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #131
lukkucairi
earth worker

the first bit is funny

the middle is horrible

the last bit is beautiful! ^
Old 04-30-2008, 11:21 PM   #132
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

This was a sort of daydream, actually, or perhaps I was absolutely focused and awake -- I can never tell...

I was looking at my shadow, cast by a dim lamp behind me, and though I was holding my breath, my shadow appeared to be breathing. I watched for several minutes, trying to not see it, to no avail.

Hahahaha.
Not sure what to do with that one.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:42 AM   #133
lukkucairi
earth worker

Al Hofmann's ghost came to visit you
Old 05-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #134
lukkucairi
earth worker

I dreamed we had cars that were like legos: they could dock together front and back and side to side. They communicated with each other about the destination, and when two or more cars found they were going to the same place, they'd seek each other out and dock together. When 8 or 10 cars were docked into a raft, the raft gained the ability to fly.

I dreamed I was attending a wizard university that was perpetually under a heavy blanket of snow. I found out I was going to have to defeat Gandalf in single combat in order to graduate.

I dreamed that I was looking for a seashell fragment to record a drum loop onto (i.e. to replace the sound of the ocean). None of the shells they had at the store would work, though, because they didn't have holes in them (which apparently meant they were for rap vocals instead). Just before I woke, I found the perfect shell - a giant fractured ramshorn conch, worn by the ocean to expose the mother of pearl.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #135
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

My baby, my darling boy was dead. I was sitting on the tall platform with his body. I could see the fine hairs on his arms, and I thought about how my body had provided the nutrients to grow their roots when he was developing inside me. The vultures were beginning to eat him, and I was letting them because I had this deep realization that he was not there, not in his body, that he was utterly gone from me, and I was praying with every fiber of myself that I would die there too, right then, so that I could be with him in the belly of a bird.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: