ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
Klynne
monkey

Road Kill

Tell me what you have killed with your car.

I will go first.

I have hit two deer. (Not at the same time, but on the same rural road two weeks apart. My family has hit thirteen deer altogether. We are very talented at killing deer with our vehicles)

Easter Sunday a turkey committed suicide on my windshield. Completely shattered it. Dumb turkey. It was either swerve and hit a tree, or kill the turkey. I opted to hit the turkey.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:36 AM   #2
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

I don't believe I've ever hit anything with my car. Wow.

I almost hit Gwenyth Paltrow as she crossed in front of me at 49th Street. She gave me a look like "lady are you going to put the brakes on or what?!"

That count?

The only accident I've ever been in *touch wood* was in my very first VW. It was a very ancient VW and the brakes went on it, so I was using my emergency brake to stop (not so smart, but I was a poor student at the time). As I was going over this bridge in the middle of winter, I had to stop suddenly and I sort of skidded out sideways -- in time to see this firebird (firechicken) behind me ram right into my driver's side door. SMOOSH.

I kept driving that car, until it eventually died -- I had two ropes holding the back doors together and people would pile into the car and if I stopped short, they'd get clotheslined.

Ah, good times.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:45 AM   #3
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

bugs.

that is it.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:46 AM   #4
bealeblues
where's my salt?

yankees
Old 04-15-2004, 01:22 AM   #5
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

I'm not sure. When I lived in Texas, somebody ran out with a cooking pot and grabbed whatever it was I hit so fast I never had time to figure it out. After I left Texas, where it was legal at the time (early 1980's) to drink alcohol while driving, I was never able to duplicate the experiment....
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:27 AM   #6
rapscalious rob

I lived in a cattle ranch for a little while where there were like a million billion gazillion squirrels. I ran over a few. At first, I felt sorry for them. Then I started calling them suicide squirrels and developing an indifferent attitude about it. They run right under your frickin wheels, the stupids!

That’s all.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #7
rapscalious rob

sparticle: joj!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:34 AM   #8
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

A couple Squirrels... big ass bull snake...fawn ... beaver (hush dinz)... cat... hawk flew into the side of my car but was ok... tarantula somehow landed on windshield at night in AZ (Zen!) I'm assumming it perished... numerous birds found on the grill.............. road trips and country livin' what can a say.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:42 AM   #9
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

//tarantula somehow landed on windshield at night in AZ (Zen!) I'm assumming it perished.//

Holy sheepshit! If that woulda happened to me I would have wrecked the car for certain.

I am scared to friggin DEATH of spiders. Phobic.

My husband thought he'd be funny last fall and faked me out like he had a spider in his hand. He didn't realize I'm truly phobic. In fifteen years it never came up; he just figured I didn't like 'em.

When I am scared, first I shake, then I cry, then I attack whoever is doing the scaring with all the gusto of a banshee on crank.

An hour later, he called from the hockey rink after he had put his pads and helmet on and had eleven other guys with big sticks to back him up, to say he was sorry. I mean to say, o me droogies, I went OFF on him.

A tarantula. Gawd, yer brave!
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:49 AM   #10
rapscalious rob

There are big ol’ tarantulas out in the country near where I live now. They come out in October looking for sex and food, just in time for halloween. They say the tarantulas are harmless, and the pain of their bite is often compared with a bee sting. What scares me more are the wasps that prey on the tarantulas, called “tarantula hawks.” They are wasps the size of dragonflies with yellow wings. They sting the tarantula and its poison paralyzes them. I saw a tarantula hawk dragging a tarantula along the road once.

It buries the tarantula, then deposits eggs on it. The eggs hatch and the wasp larvae eat the paralyzed spider alive.

It’s said the sting of a tarantula hawk is very painful. I do all I can to avoid them, although they generally are more interested in big hairy spiders than people.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:57 AM   #11
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

I just about did wreck the car. BTW, swerving back and forth will not remove a giant spider from your windshield. Why I didn't think of the wipers FIRST is beyond me.

I remember it still....clearly ha! Was dusk... lone hiway, admiring the sunset... lalalalalaaaa dippity dooo life is beautiful...

SHRIEKHOLYMOTHERFARKINGSHITSPIDERSPIDERBIGFARKINGS PIDERLIFESUCKSSPIDERSHRIEK!!!!!!! (kids screaming, now not even knowing why except that Mom is screaming)
Old 04-15-2004, 02:00 AM   #12
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

What a sweet story Rob, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-15-2004, 02:12 AM   #13
Wldchld
in the middle of it

My own cat , my parents put her outside when I moved into the dorms, I came home for a visit & had looked & looked for her & couldn't find her. I was leaving in a hurry, running late, & she had hidden under my car. When I backed up I ran over her. I guess she was trying to find me.

I freaked, couldn't get out of the car for about an hour after my ex brother inlaw moved her for me. I had nightmares, got sick, & was just a basket case for a long time.

I still go slow backing out of my drive.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:01 AM   #14
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I ran over a wiener dog when I was about 13 and driving our VW van..talked my mom into letting me drive it around the block...I freaked out...we were going so slow and he just walked out into the street...I felt it...we stopped...he got up and walked away....I figured we ran over the middle wiener part of him and he wasn't hurt....he just got up and walked away..but I will never forget that feeling...

I also hit an owl once...a wise ol' owl....was driving down a country road and it flew across the road right in front of me...guess the headlights freak them out....cause I had many of them fly right in front of me before....but to hit one....gawd...an owl!!!!!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:41 AM   #15
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Now this is my sort of thread.

A couple of months ago I hit a pigeon. I did try really hard to avoid it but the clunk and starburst of feathers gave the game away. We looked in the mirror and couldn't see anything for feathers so we kind of forgot about it unil the pee stop where we found it embedded in the grill like a mascot. We had to get a screwdriver to prise it out. Wish I'd had the camera, it looked really surprised.

Another time I hit a euro. I'd driven four hours and was literally thirty seconds from home and out it came like Skippy on crack. Luckily I only clipped it and it hopped away with no residual problems.
madasacutsnake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: