ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #2206
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
eit the sensation of waiting for your brain processing to re-confirm that yes, indeed, you just said something really, really stupid.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #2207
Brynn
constantly amazed

eit - 1.n. a peculiar type of gratitude for those who can naturally comprehend a peculiar type of humor without insisting on its literal or lowest meaning. 2. (n.) the feeling of sympathy and generosity that arises between parties when they get each other's jokes without effort.

Determined to ignore the gossips, overwhelmed with eit, Blanche impulsively decided to whip up a batch of her celebrated ginger toffee cookies to present to her friend the next time they met.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #2208
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
eit - a type of particularly bad karma that sticks with you like ham glaze on an aluminum pan.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #2209
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

eit: The sensation an engineer experiences watching someone refold a map incorrectly.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:07 AM   #2210
Coffee
Cheeses Save

eit n (inuit)

Inuit for Heeby Jeebies.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #2211
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
eit -- an exclamation of realization.

"Eit!" Funky said to himself as he reallized that another week had gone by without juding the Dictionary Game.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #2212
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

FFS PEOPLE....

Reality (from http://xi.tep.org/Vocab.html#Eit!)
Eit!
1. int. An exclamation of a Bad Thing. 2. v. To knock an object out of a person's hands, to cause a Bad Thing to happen; often followed by the exclamation, "Eit!" For more information, see the Eit Page.

For the winner, you must still wait a bit for I'm having to sort (yes, literally sort) through all these entries for the one that catches my fancy. just knock it off for a while so I can get this response looking okay...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #2213
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

eit n.

Incompetency, lack of planning or poor time management of a judge.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #2214
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

In eit: n. inuit word for lukewarm rain,
12"razormix garners the "Yellow Snow Avoidance" Sears Poncho for not mentioning the source of said rain.

lostsadie gets the "I Didn't Know You Were A Jeff Foxworthy Fan Too" award for:
eit: v. slang Past tense for et. Consumption of food in the south. Ex: "Did ya et yet?" "Yea I eit, and I'm full as a tick"
and the "Closer To The Truth Than You Realize" Golden Bail Of Verisimilitude for
Leading someone to believe something that isn't completely false but is misleading
Ex: Someone said judging was Monday and we all believed it was THIS Monday. Boy did he eit us, he really planned on judging next Monday.

Brynn's two heartfelt entries:
eit: a microscopic being that thrives harmlessly on the surface of the eyeball. When it's foggy or raining hard, or whenever visibility is generally impaired, it emits chemical "suggestions" that the brain dismisses as a kind of really annoying back seat driver. * <--Star Of Cleverness
and
eit - 1.n. a peculiar type of gratitude for those who can naturally comprehend a peculiar type of humor without insisting on its literal or lowest meaning. 2. (n.) the feeling of sympathy and generosity that arises between parties when they get each other's jokes without effort. Determined to ignore the gossips, overwhelmed with eit, Blanche impulsively decided to whip up a batch of her celebrated ginger toffee cookies to present to her friend the next time they met.
Together earn her the "Whatcha Wearin'" Platinum Hotel Key For Room 77

Odbe gets the "Dammit! Turn Off That Webcam You Have In My House" Cease And Desist Order Of Court for
eit: (n) The gait between shuffling and sprinting, for when you need to dash to the toilet but can't run any further without hitting the closed door. * <-- Star Of Cleverness

Felicitations to Master_Jedi, xfox, daverbee for, respectively,
eit: a dyslexic tie
eit: European mit envy
eit: Editing gone horribly wrong.

who all receive the "Thank You For Being Succinct, Terse, Brief, And Singular Unlike Some Others Whose Name I Won't Mention But Their Initials Are Marcus Bales" Post-It™ Note Of Plith

The "I Sent It In Three Times In Triplicate" Carbon Paper Of Destiny goes to Coffee's three entries:
eit: A unit or fraction of a religious practice or deity The holy spirit is just one eit of the three-in-one Christian deity GOD, just as Dharma, Karma, Samsāra, and Moksha are individual eits of Hindu practice2.* <-- Star Of Cleverness
eit n (inuit) Inuit for Heeby Jeebies.
eit Contraction of "email it".

A round of applause and the "Is That A Foot In Your Mouth Or Are You Just Happy To See Me" John Kerry Memorial Press Release for Hyakujo's Fox'
eit the sensation of waiting for your brain processing to re-confirm that yes, indeed, you just said something really, really stupid. * <--Star Of Cleverness

eit: the moment in which one realizes that one cannot truly live without once experiencing the true glory of participating in the breaking of the world record for the "Largest Group Hug.""Last sunday, I finally had my eit and dashed off to rent the local football field."
earns Tunesmith the "Me And 6000 Of My Closest Friends" Deodorant Of Nosegaiety

For Luciptus the highly-valued-in-North-Texas-And-Wisconsin "Watch Out For Your Shoes" Galoshes Of Fortitude for the particularly yummy:
eit: (ay-eet) v. A process ocurring in the esophagus of cows, in which the food is simultaneously swallowed and regurgitated. * <-- Star Of Cleverness

In consideration of:
eit: The spelling that authors of pro-ana websites give to the act of calorie ingestion.
trisherina receives the "I Wikipediaed It And Am Now Even More Confused" flagon of Crystal Pepsi and for
eit: The sensation an engineer experiences watching someone refold a map incorrectly. * <--Star Of Cleverness
she receives the "Fingernails Down The Blackboard Of My Soul" Miniature String Quartet Set For Small Children.

Which Leaves Us With
Marcus Bales
Let's just look at them, shall we?
eit: the perception of slowed-down time experienced by some people in moments of crisis so that the person seems to have lots of time to analyze and react to the crisis, and that person does react, often appropriately to the situation, even though to another observer the incident occurs and is over before that outside observer can react at all.
eit -- a weirdo wannabe; one who pretends to be weirder than he or she is. * <-- Star Of Cleverness
eit - someone who didn't let somebody love them before it was too late.
eit - An ancient Celtic exclamation at seeing two people eyeing and body-languaging one another, that translates roughly as "Get a room!"
eit - a type of particularly bad karma that sticks with you like ham glaze on an aluminum pan.
eit -- an exclamation of realization.

Yes... just look, that's enough.

Late-entry heckler dinzdale receives a visit from the Nolan Sister's Lawyers serving a 1000 yard restraining order and the "Gales Of Derisive Laughter For Someone Who Doesn't Even Bother To Do A Proper Judging When He's The Word-Picker" Bottle Of Fortnum And Mason Iced Decaf Green Tea for eit n. Incompetency, lack of planning or poor time management of a judge.

Coveted Second Place goes to Brynn's foray into microbiology

and that means that the WInner, and Chooser and Judger of the next word is....

ODBE.... please dear god take it away, I hope you get 24 entries too.

Last edited by funkytuba : 03-05-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: deleted an errant [i]
funkytuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #2215
Odbe
hope dope

The rest of my day is going to be crap compared to this...

In honour of absolutely no one else, I pronounce the next word to be hylactic
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #2216
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

hylactic

Term used to describe anyone allergic to dairy farmers named Hiram.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #2217
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

hylactic n.

A poorly judged competition used to cover up for incompetency, lack of planning or poor time management of the judge in question.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #2218
Finchy
Foilist Fatale

hylactic: n.
The medical term for an allergic reaction to hyacinth flowers, with symptoms characterized by violent sneezing eventually leading to oxygen deprivation and catatonia.
Finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:50 PM   #2219
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Hy-lactic™ A newly patented brand of trousers especially designed for old and hipless men that creep up rather than down.

Even Ernie began to question the wisdom of the new Triple strength Hy-lactics when the nipple burn set in.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #2220
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Hylactic: n. (astronomy)

The upper 1/2 or northern section of a galactic disc. Since "upper" could be subjective in galactic terms, the convention is to assign north as the upper portion based on an orientation of the disc when galactic spin direction is viewed as counter-clockwise. See also-Sublactic.

Our solar system is curently heading out of the sublactic and into the hylactic zone of our Milkyway galaxy.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: