Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #3856
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
... and how even temporarily becoming one can distort one's sense of time.
Well, she didn't state which Friday. And it's still Friday, anyway.

xenodocheionology - the theory, according to which the creator of the penultimate Dictionary Game entry will become the next judge.

In the fear of impending xenodocheionology, the Dictionary Gamers posted and posted after trish's Friday warning.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #3857
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
xenodocheionology - the study of Dictionary Game entries as postmodern poems by poets who did not write the original entries.

Following the revelation of the complete hollowness of the postmodern art claim engendered by the utter failure of Damien Hirst's painting exhibit at the Wallace Collection in London, poets became more and more desperate to justify their own postmodern laziness by claiming Dictionary Game entries as their own poems, called xenodocheions, which resulted, in an inevitably absurd progression, in poetry critics creating xenodocheionology, the study of Dictionary Game entries as poems written by poets who had not written them at all.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #3858
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

xenodocheionology - an early church dogma, rejected by the Vatican Council. Before condemning it they had stated that by relentless good deeds one can change the condition of their heart or some other internal organ.

Ysobel, having secretly embraced xenodocheionology, threw a penny in the blind man's hat in the hope of getting better blood test results next month.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #3859
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
xenodocheionology - the study of alien abduction.

Trish jingled the ice in her double Scotch, and blew a derisive contrail of cigarette smoke upwards out of the corner of her sardonic lips, while she casually dismissed as without any merit at all the notion of xenodocheionology with nothing more than half of a contemptuous moue.

Last edited by Marcus Bales : 10-30-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Marcus Bales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #3860
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

xenodocheionology – the ability to see UFOs or the outlines of other alien life forms in everyday objects such as bread, butter, crisps or door patterns.

"Even a humble toilet can become a xenodocheionologist’s shrine if carefully observed", claimed Alcmus Bears chewing the remains of a packet of Walkers crisps, in the hope of impressing Trish with his wit.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #3861
12"razormix
° ★ °

xenodocheionology, n.

inability to have a single independent thought.
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:22 AM   #3862
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

xenodocheionology – adopting a false identity on the internet with the intent to deceive.

He opted for xenodocheinologic tactics when pretend to be an owl, hoping that his cahoots will not alert the internet police.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:08 AM   #3863
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Good grief. You people!

xenodocheionology. n. jocular, love of hotels and inns.

Now that that's out of the way, let's review...

12"razormix:

xenodocheionology, n.

the unsupported belief that unknown alien life forms must be oviparous after all (mmm, oviparous)

Marcus Bales:

xenodocheionology - the hatred of grocers. (thanks for the flashbacks)

xfox:

xenodocheionology study of texture and design of the backdrop. (creative)

YsaPur EsChomuw:

xenodocheionology
an allergy to strangers; a form of irritation occurring especially when one is forced to share a very large room with a very large number of strangers. (okay, I can get with that)

Marcus Bales:

xenodocheionology - fear of long words. (seriously, we are not buying this from you)

funkytuba:

xenodocheionology n.
1) the study of people who in the Dictionary Game are uninspired by the entire species of words ending in -ology
2) the hope that being in the study group will help insulate one from being chosen to win simply because of one's opinion on the matter (dual definitions do not exempt you either, my friend)

Brynn:

xenodocheionology: in general, the history, study and analysis of common folk dancing steps, and of the do-tsee-doe in particular. (is there a chapter about the flootzy dresses?)

YsaPur EsChomuw:

xenodocheionology -
a long word for short sex, practiced mainly in hotels and motels around the world, shrouded in transparent secrecy. (short as in length of time or?)

Marcus Bales:

xenodocheionology - Anc.Gr.: xeno fear, dochein foreign places -- tbe study of the fear of living abroad. (I can get with that too)

Hyakujo's Fox:

xenodocheionology (n) the study of fantastical dreams pertaining to scrabble and related games. (this we are able to believe)

YsaPur EsChomuw:

xenodocheinology – the false belief that you cannot really get to know anyone, that all people are bound to remain strangers, except for one, your soul mate. From German ‘doch ein’, but one. (please give me German lessons)

Marcus Bales:

xenodocheionology - the study of the alien thought prcesses of Dictionary Game judges -- and how even temporarily becoming one can distort one's sense of time. (it is Friday by my clock, TYVM)

YsaPur EsChomuw:

xenodocheionology - the theory, according to which the creator of the penultimate Dictionary Game entry will become the next judge. (I have bad memories around the word penultimate)

Marcus Bales:

xenodocheionology - the study of Dictionary Game entries as postmodern poems by poets who did not write the original entries. (come on, Marcus)

YsaPur EsChomuw:

xenodocheionology - an early church dogma, rejected by the Vatican Council. Before condemning it they had stated that by relentless good deeds one can change the condition of their heart or some other internal organ. (people are making stranger claims today and pretending it's science)

Marcus Bales:

xenodocheionology - the study of alien abduction. (don't we have another word for this?)

YsaPur EsChomuw:

xenodocheionology – the ability to see UFOs or the outlines of other alien life forms in everyday objects such as bread, butter, crisps or door patterns. (found principally on eBay)

12"razormix:

xenodocheionology, n.

inability to have a single independent thought. (to your room! not another word!)

YsaPur EsChomuw:

xenodocheionology – adopting a false identity on the internet with the intent to deceive. (and other gen z campfire stories)

There will be no execution -- some fat guy busted the gallows again. Yes, yes, it will be repaired soon! I'm on it!

Coveted Second Place goes to YsaPur, in admiration for sheer effort expended

The winner is... 12"razormix! Because once you've tasted oviparous, there is nothing better to come afterward.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #3864
Marcus Bales

xenodocheionology - study of the time it takes razormix to notice she's won the Dictionary Game, since she won't allow PMs and won't list an email address to allow notification.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #3865
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Well, I've never found that p-mail sped up the notification process for me -- I don't always read mail when I visit anyway. She'll turn up.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:31 AM   #3866
12"razormix
° ★ °

thank you trish

the new word is drollic.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #3867
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

drollic n.
Used most often as a synonym for mumbojumbo

example sentence:
Angelica, after sitting cross legged for hours listening to the supposed wise man's drollic, had a great idea (!) she asked a very nonsensical question and while the Master was answering ("blah blah blah......it is all the dance of Shiva because everyone is (Lord? sic) Krishna" etc) she courageously stood up and walked out into the beautiful sunshine
Old 11-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #3868
12"razormix
° ★ °

MO WINS!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #3869
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

^mo wins? <scared
hypothetical question :: what if it is found out that ones definition is plagiarize? what action would be taken?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #3870
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

^ None. You'll still have to post a new word and judge the entries.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: