Old 11-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #3871
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

shoot!
alright the new word is
transmigration

[color="Silver"]the transmigration of timothy archer
first chapter[/COLOR

Last edited by MoJoRiSin : 11-02-2009 at 09:30 PM.
MoJoRiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #3872
Brynn
constantly amazed

Well done on the lightning round Mo! !!

transmigration: the process of reaching across a tabletop in order to grate parmesan onto one's own pasta.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #3873
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

transmigration - a temporary movement to a foreign country in order to carry out a specific change in those who wish to be considered someone else than they are.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #3874
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
transmigration - to successfully avoid La Migra on a journey across a guarded border.

Joseph and Mary celebrated their successful transmigration by renting a motel room with their bought IDs -- though getting drunk on Three Kings vodka chased with Little Shepherd beer resulted in Mary having her baby while Joseph was passed out on the other bed.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #3875
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
transmigration (n) the act of riding on an airport luggage carousel.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #3876
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

^^ fyi marcus, when judgement day egets here you are going to be doomed
Old 11-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #3877
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

change now and avoid that
(as far as i can see)
Old 11-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #3878
xfox
slightly effective

transmigration a form of vacation when one lives the life of their dreams.

Muriel did just as she pleased, but then what else is new, she's well known for her transmigration.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #3879
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
transmigration - crossing the line by warning people they're doomed for mockery about whose imaginary friend is the best.

"You're going to hell!" shouted Zoroaster
"Oh grow up," said Jesus. "The only way that'd happen is if I died -- and since I'm an immortal god, what are the chances of THAT?"

Last edited by Marcus Bales : 11-08-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Marcus Bales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #3880
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

118118118118118118118118118118118118118118118..... .

the day is at hand!
it will happen
prior to sundown pst
mark my words!

('it" referring to Dictionary Game
judging (in mo's case this is 'judging others' which she has a conscienscince objection to can she find a stand in?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #3881
lukkucairi
earth worker

transmigration: (n.)

the inevitable flow of the transgendered toward Trinidad, Colorado.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #3882
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

huh? how did that get there?

Lukku wins hands down

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpearl View Post
Marcus Bales offered:
an exercise tool for the Kegel muscle
During his quick, surreptitious side-trip from the bathroom back to the dining room of the elder Nolan sister's apartment, Detective Dinzdale's left eyebrow rose fractionally and he almost smiled as he closed the bedside drawer silently on the distinctive shape of the macropodine nestled between the warming gel and the padded restraints.

I'm sending Marcus an orange jumpsuit for his stint in the Texas pen. I read the rules carefully, and they clearly state that the local laws in the of the judge's residence apply. Around here, we have to call such things "educational models." (there's a nsfw link in the ice cream thread, for Molly Ivins fans)

Don't drop the soap, Marcus, and say hello to Tom DeLay for us.

For coffee and this high-tech submission:
Highest level member of the anti-iPod right wing activist group PODi. Other ranks include MIcropodine; lieutenants of the organization, POdine; common members, and NEwbi; new recruits. Seeking to eliminate iPods arguing that they are becoming so ubiquitious that CIA and other govermental spy agencies are using them to transfer intelligence past security borders by secreting classified stolen data in hidden files on the iPods, giving them away as travel incentives, and then steeling them from the unwitting data transfer agents/tourists once they arrive overseas. PODi is believed to be a splinter group of elDong, the anti-USB data storage device group.

...an 8-track cassette of George Jones' greatest hits.

Hfox gave us:
adj) being or resembling a large, hairy, non-verbal, reclusive North America hominoid.
Honestly Blanche, you've never had the highest standards in men, but your latest is simply macropodine!

I find the cryptozoological aspect really compelling. I'm giving you my own beloved Loch Ness Monster figurine. Zero tells me it's anatomically precise.

xfox's
death by stepping.
The ant colony suffered devastating macropodine unlike that of any time in recent memory when the herd of elephants roamed in with their big, round feet.

made me think of hobbits, which is one of my favorite pasttimes. I'm sending you some roach motels and a fire extinguisher in case you run out of hobbits.

Odbe, with
macropodnie
Deliberatley engineerred toward a specific goal.
She descided to word her reply carefully to aviod appearing macorpodine

wins a copy of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, by Mark Twain, who also believed it's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word. Although, I have to say that, given the state of the consumer product industry today, "engineerred" should probably be a real word. I'll write to Merriam-Webster on your behalf.

Brynn's wordplay entry:
what school kids used to yell at Matthew Modine as a taunt

gave me a happy. For you, an autographed headshot of Matthew circa Married to the Mob, and a copy of The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander, by Barbara Coloroso. And also this cookie because I like you so much.

For trisherina, who posited
Descriptive term for a metatarsal digit with a tendency to curl upward,

the most fantastic pair of heels ever designed, with sequined dragons and inlaid jewels and tiny fairy bells that jingle when she walks, to show off what I'm sure is an immaculate pedicure with no freaky turned up toes in sight.

Daverbee was an early frontrunner with
Having the physical characteristics of Max Baer, Jr. in his role as Jethro Bodine on The Beverly Hillbillies.
Hyakujo's Fox successfully made his macropodine transition when he shot himself in the foot while trying to hunt them big golden fish in the cement pond.

I can scarcely resist a Jethro reference, but Brynn's entry reminded me that you should lose points for bullying poor Hfox. I hope you enjoy your basket of vittles. There's not much opossum in it.

TIP got extra points for working in not only the other words from the beginning of this whole debacle, but also a fine nutritional message, with
an essential protein contained in breast milk allowing the child's feet to develop properly.
(Little jacob had been raised by squirrels and had thus lacked a steady intake of macropodine during his early childhood. As a result, he had developed micropodine-like feet. The upside to this was that he was very difficult to track in the forest, making it difficult for the jaculiferous wolves to find him.)

Such excellent word play and infant nutrition are near and dear to my heart, I have a thing for squirrels, and plus you totally got robbed in the Yranoitcid thread a couple of weeks ago. Obviously you're working with inside information, so the only reason you didn't win is that I don't want to be accused of nepotism. For you, a copy of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding published by the La Leche League, and this lovely facsimile of the educational model(s) Robert DeNiro wears in Meet the Parents. Have fun!

Tunes, I was going to disqualify you out of hand for the late entry until I read it.
(adj.)
1. having to do with shoe sizes so large that they aren't readily available at the average shoestore
(noun)
2. a situation in which one attempts to appear smaller than he or she is, but is unable to because of their size
Marvin's latest growth spurt had put him at a disadvantage when prom time came around, as he had not anticipated being three sizes to large for his suit. With his gangly arms and lanky legs, the resulting macropodine of he and Loretta, his date and game designing partner, trying to slow-dance would both go down in P.S. 218 history and earn them the nicknames of "Spindly and the Geek".

The combination of solid visual imagery with teen angst is irresistable, and plus you've provided me with a noun I can use to describe what the cat does, totally unsuccessfully and with quiet desperation, while we wait for the vet to come in for his yearly checkup. For you, a genuine Cuban cigar, rolled by some lovely and nubile senorita who dreamed only of you while crafting it with expert hands.

You can't have it until your 18th birthday.
And if I find out you watched the link in the ice cream thread, I'm telling your mother.

Take it away, Tunesmith!

P.S. The actual definition of macropodine is:

of or pertaining to kangaroos
Old 11-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #3883
Brynn
constantly amazed

It was about time we got to read that again.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #3884
lukkucairi
earth worker

the new word is hatherhew

...if you should remain unconvinced of the actual existence of that word, the alternate for this round is afaka

I'll judge either or both.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #3885
Brynn
constantly amazed

hatherhew - adj. (colloq.) askew, disheveled, particularly in regards to hair.
afaka - a "new" exotic plant extract that seems to appear solely for shampoo marketing purposes, but in fact comes from the humble crabgrass plant.

She emerged fresh from the shower with a colorful bath sheet wrapped around her, her hair charmingly all a-hatherhew by a vigorous shampoo with afaka extract, and fragrant with mango-scented conditioner.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: