ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
Hermione
monkey

Well...

I told my professor that I wanted to go to Yale Law School.

He told me to be more realistic.

I want to go to YLS. I'm going to get into YLS. I'm going to graduate at the top of my class from YLS.
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Good for you.

Where/How have you been?
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Frat Party!!!!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

Professors who tell anyone to.. "be more realistic" need to be taken outside and shot. Fvck him. Of course you can do it!
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
surbhi for president.
prof for obscurity.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Don't let some dickweed's projection of his own life disappointments onto you daunt you in the slightest. As usual, what came out of his mouth says more about him than it does about you.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by surbhi
I told my professor that I wanted to go to Yale Law School.

He told me to be more realistic.

I want to go to YLS. I'm going to get into YLS. I'm going to graduate at the top of my class from YLS.
so what did he suggest?

i'm sure you have many talents surbs, not just the law thing.. cultivate the talents you like best and i'll see you in court

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #8
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Some smart people get into good universities but most people are there because they know how to study efficiently and they study hard and often. Being "realistic" doesn't come into that.

Good thing you're smart too. ;-)

Last edited by madasacutsnake : 01-06-2007 at 07:02 AM.
madasacutsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I think it's a damn shame you keep turning down the offers to be your generation's Bubbly, but if you insist on YLS, so be it.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Hermione
monkey

Thanks guys! =)

I've been busy with university. I'm taking my LSATs this semester, so I'm very nervous.

I really want to go to Yale, but I'm also looking at University of Chicago, Georgetown, Stanford, and Columbia.

My professor is a good guy. I think he doesn't want me to be disappointed if I don't get in. I understand where he was coming from, but the way he said it was unnecessary.

Instead of offering suggestions, my professor advised me to study hard for the LSAT.

It's interesting how one comment can fuel one's desire to succeed.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #11
Avalon

I am interested; did Yale turn him down?

You are going to do fine no matter where you go..I have the utmost faith in you. Hope your holidays were wonderful
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #12
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Birthday-suit parties all the rage for Ivy League students
CRAIG HOWIE

STUDENTS at America's prestigious Ivy League universities are rebelling against their colleges' stuffy reputations, casting off society's norms along with their clothes to hold naked parties.

The Pundits, a secretive society at Yale University, initiated the events - which profess to be non-sexual in nature - in the mid-1990s, open to a select few. The society claims that president George Bush's daughter, Barbara, attended a naked party during her second year, in 2002. The White House has always declined to comment.

But the naked parties are now fixtures among liberal students being primed to become the nation's elite.

While one campus source at Yale - to which Euan Blair, the Prime Minister's son, has won a scholarship - says naked parties are "the No1" thing to do before graduation, students who attend the six to eight parties held each year say it can be a life-changing experience, far from the "frat-house" bawdiness portrayed in films such as Animal House. Megan Crandell, a final-year Yale student who has attended six naked parties, said: "The dynamic is completely different from a clothed party. People are so conscious of how they're coming across that conversations end up being more sophisticated. You can't talk about how hot that chick was the other night."

Another Yale student, who did not want his name to become known by campus authorities - which do not try to stop the parties but do not encourage them - said: "Part of it is just the mystique of not knowing where you're going. It's become a hip thing to do."

The events are magnets for social-climbers at other top academic institutions, including Columbia, MIT and Brown. Students invited to a party at Columbia last year received this e-mail: "Compadres, join us in refusing to comply with a culture that tells us to hide our body, to be ashamed of its scents, secretions, curves and hair, to conceal those parts that have been dealt sexual connotations." Some students wear token items, such as hats; others bare all. Occasionally, parties charge $1 for each item of clothing worn. Some are even held in college libraries, though the early, underground events were often referred to in code as "bar mitzvahs".

Touching, beyond a salutary greeting, is not encouraged.

Of party etiquette, Mollie Farber, a senior student at Yale, said: "You're allowed to give everyone a quick once-over as you say, 'Hey, what's up?', but after that, you've got to maintain pretty good eye contact."

However, Alexandra Robbins, a Yale graduate who detailed secret sorority life in her book Pledged, warned: "It can be a rude awakening. It really comes down to the idea that if I shed my clothes, I will lose my inhibitions. But it doesn't always work that way."

Birk Oxholm, who graduated from Columbia in 2006, was not convinced of the liberating effect of the parties: "To pretend you're feeling great and happy to be overcoming the oppressiveness of clothing overlooks the more authentic feeling, which is, 'I feel kind of weird'."

In 2002, a Yale first-year accused an older student of making unwanted advances after following her home from a naked party.

He pleaded no contest to fourth-degree sexual assault and was then placed on probation.

This article: http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/inte...fm?id=36832007

Last updated: 08-Jan-07 01:17 GMT

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #13
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Is that the real reason she wants to go to Yale?

I'm just kidding, surbs. xoxox
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:31 AM   #14
Hermione
monkey

I confess, I really want to go to a naked party.

I think it would be terribly awkward to meet individuals at a naked party and then interact with them on a fully clothed basis. Or, even, interacting with an individual when naked. I couldn't imagine having an in-depth conversation with someone while his/her "goodies" are out. Different strokes for different folks...

Bush at a naked party, huh?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #15
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by surbhi
I couldn't imagine having an in-depth conversation with someone while his/her "goodies" are out.
one day you will.
and it will be fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: