ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2007, 05:32 AM   #1
Silverfox
monkey

Elders Meditation of the Day

I do not know who subscribed me to this. It began to come in my mail regularly of late. I'm glad whoever it is did so. I'd like to share these words of wisdom with you:

Elder's Meditation of the Day May 5

"There are many things to be shared with the four colors of man in our common destiny as one family upon our Mother the Earth."
---- Traditional Circle of Elders, NORTHERN CHEYENNE

The Elders tell us the time will come when the four colors of Man will unite into one family. According to prophecies, we were told this would happen when the Sun was blocked in the Seventh Moon. There was an eclipse of the Sun in July, 1991. We are now in a new Springtime called the Coming Together Time. Each of the four colors of man has knowledge that the other colors need to heal their families. Let us all be willing to sit in a circle and respect our differences.

Creator, let me be willing to have an open mind.
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

for you

trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
Silverfox
monkey

Trish

I can't see what he's holding.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
Silverfox
monkey

And More

I have three more, which I'll post in the space of this post. Then I'll post the rest as I receive them.

"Dissimilar things were fitted together to make something beautiful and whole."
--Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

Sometimes we look at something close up and it appears to be ugly; but then we drop back and look at it as a whole and it is beautiful. If we look at an insect close up, it may be ugly, but if we drop back and look at the whole insect it becomes beautiful. We can drop back even more and observe what its role and purpose is, and the insect becomes even more beautiful and whole. How are we looking at ourselves? Are we focused on something ugly about ourselves, or are we dropping back and looking at ourselves as a whole? We all have purpose, and we are all beautiful.

Grandfather, today, let me see the beauty of the whole.

"Spiritual matters are difficult to explain because you must live with them in order to fully understand them."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

To know something we must become one with it. We cannot know what a flower smells like until we actually smell it. Close your eyes and experience the fragrance. The Elders say there are two worlds, the Seen World and the Unseen World. To experience the Seen World we need to physically pick the flower and smell it. To experience the Unseen World we need to know about principles, laws and values; and no matter what our mind or our physical senses tell us, we must decide and act on these principles. If someone does wrong to us, we must pray for that person or persons to have peace, happiness and joy in their life. We must not get even or retaliate in any way. Only by doing this can we understand spiritual matters.

Great Spirit, give me your power whenever my weakness shows so I can live by spiritual decisions.

"But I have learned a lot from trees: sometimes about the weather, sometimes about animals, sometimes about the Great Spirit."
--Walking Buffalo, STONEY

Nature is the greatest teacher on the Earth. Nature produces many different plants, animals, trees, rocks, birds, insects and weather patterns. Nature designed all these various things to grow and multiply while at the same time live in harmony with each other. We can learn a lot of we observe and study Nature's system of harmony and balance. Today, go sit on a rock and quietly observe and ask to be shown the lessons.

Great Spirit, Nature is my teacher. Today, let me be the student.

This is how he signs all his e-mails, for those who are interested in contacting him or learning more about him:

Love Is The CornerStone Holding All Joy^i^
A Man With Wings Is Truly An Angel^i^
Blessings Of Love...Birdman^i^

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/suijuriscourtangels/

http://www.myspace.com/birdman_angel Find me on MySpace and be my friend!

"If You Have Love & Laughter, It Dosen't Matter What Comes After!"
Frances Weidner born 1910 & 97 Today.

Last edited by Silverfox : 05-07-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
zero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisharama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post
I can't see what he's holding.
he holds an almost intact garden-shrimpette for us to ponder.

it is the last remaining one of its kind.

in the small pile of below, only sad ness. all ours broken and dried up garden shrimpettes have perished

it is the way of nature

like the garden shrimpettes soon we shall all be dust. and wee fanklie bits, obviously
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
Brynn
constantly amazed

this is a nice bread, shrimpettes and all
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #8
Silverfox
monkey

Caretakers of the Earth

"We must all become caretakers of the Earth."
---- Haida Gwaii Traditional Circle of Elders

Mother Earth is the source of all life. We should not only be concerned about the part of the Earth we live on, but we should be concerned about the parts of the Earth that other people live on. The Earth is one great whole. The trees in Brazil generate the air in the Untied States. If the trees are cut in Brazil, it affects the air that all people breathe. Every person needs to conscientiously think about how they respect the Earth. Do we dump our garbage out of the car? Do we poison the water? Do we poison the air? Am I taking on the responsibility of being a caretaker of the Earth?

Great Spirit, today, I will be aware of the Earth. I will be responsible.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #9
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

It's tobacco (the traditional aboriginal offering of respect in these parts).

Shrimpettes are extra.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #10
Silverfox
monkey

Elder's Meditation of the Day May 9

"Without a sacred center, no one knows right from wrong."
---- Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

In the center of the circle is where the powers reside. These powers are called love, principle, justice, spirtual knowledge, life, forgiveness and truth. All these powers reside in the very center of the human being. We access these powers by being still, quieting the mind. If we get confused, emotionally upset, feel resentment, anger, or fear, the best thing we can do is pray to the Great Spirit and ask Him to remove the anger and resentment. By asking Him to remove these obstacles, we are automatically positioned in the sacred center. Only in this way do we know right from wrong.

Great Spirit, allow me this day to live in the sacred center.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #11
Silverfox
monkey

Trish

You might remember Robin who was on this board from ICQ for awhile.

His father is Cree and he participates in a Lodge.

He knows all about tobacco and the meaning of it.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:49 AM   #12
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
If we get confused, emotionally upset, feel resentment, anger, or fear, the best thing we can do is pray to the Great Spirit and ask Him to remove the anger and resentment.
i like that part. i'd like to add something to it:

Quote:
If we get confused, emotionally upset, feel resentment, anger, or fear, the best thing we can do is pray to the Great Spirit and ask Him to remove the anger and resentment. We should not post on internet bulletin boards while confused, emotionally upset, feeling resentment, anger or fear.
now i myself don't believe in great spirits and gods and such, but that sounds really nice for those that do

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: