ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #91
Odbe
hope dope

I just woke up from a very complex and fascinating dream about a mass murderer, but the most interesting thing was that at the end of it I started listening to this amazing song. It sounded like Trent Reznor's voice, but I didn't get much of the tune because my alarm went off after two lines
I heard:
Won't... you... ac-comp-a-ny me-e
to the land of the gu-n...♪
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #92
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I am standing in the garden with my friend, staring at the ground, discouraged that absolutely nothing is growing.
"Well, did you plant any seeds this year?" he asks.
"No," I say, "I was just so tired. I was hoping last year's plants would seed themselves. There used to be so much growing here."

He nods. Yes, I hear in my head, the ground usually takes care of itself.

"Maybe you just need to wait longer," he says.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:50 AM   #93
hypnoplasm

^^ hard to follow something so poignant and sad, but...

my friend accidentally squirted me with industrial-strength expectorant, and my nose started running so hard I could barely keep up by blowing it. it as only in one nostril but it was coming so fast i thought i would choke.
hypnoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:07 AM   #94
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^Nah, yours and mine are pretty much two ends of the same dream.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #95
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Well there's these three nuns, and...(this post has been edited for mature content)..from the handcuffs.

I wonder what that means?
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #96
Coffee
Cheeses Save

^^^You're rather old to have gotten "The Calling".

Shall we call you Reverend or Father from now on Professor?
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:58 AM   #97
lukkucairi
earth worker

I discovered the 5plex.

It's built into a redstone mountain at a secret location in the southwest. A hidden trail opens out onto slickrock, and a fissure in the side of the rock face turns into a tunnel that leads to a cave...

Watch your footing in the tunnel. There are cracks in the floor two feet wide and a thousand feet deep. Nobody can save you if you fall.

When you reach the cave, you enter a large auditorium. Five huge screens occupy the far wall, and the seats are full of gamers dressed like Thunderdome participants. This is the world's most elite RPG.

I'm not a gamer.

Outside again I found a hairline crack in the slickrock that had been enlarged by water running along it. I put my hands on either side of the crack and noticed that the mountain was breathing.

My companion and I walked to the ocean and sat in a pool with an infinite overflow edge. Two waves crashed simultaneously. Two women dived into the sea. The sun had just set. That's all.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #98
Tunesmith
click click click

I had a dream last night in which I spoke Greek with a friend. I vividly remember making a fractured joke about "donkeys" and "politicians".

Strangely, I've never taken Greek in my life.
Tunesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #99
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukkucairi View Post
Outside again I found a hairline crack in the slickrock that had been enlarged by water running along it. I put my hands on either side of the crack and noticed that the mountain was breathing.

I have that dream all the time.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #100
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

My friend's son calls, frantic, needing a ride. "I shouldn't have left him there," says my friend, not panicked, but guilt-ridden. "I should have stayed with him all the time, no matter what."
Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #101
lukkucairi
earth worker

My sister had abducted my children and taken over my life. I went to visit them at her rambling Gothic mansion out on the moor, but the gate was barred - and the bars tangled at the top so that the gate would not open.

I prayed for revenge, and a terrible storm arose. A bolt of lightning hit the east wing, and the house began to burn. I rattled the bars of the gate, but there was no way through. Finally a few dark shapes appeared by the front door - as the mansion was in full flame - and I thought that my sister and my children had survived.

One of my children - a small cloaked figure, ran down the drive toward the gate - and I was so happy! But the figure passed straight through the gate - continued to run - and passed straight through ME. I felt the cold as the ghost of my child ran through my body. And then I fainted.

The next morning when I awoke the gate was open, but the house was a pile of smouldering ash.

Thank you to zefrank.com/bulletin_new for storing some four years' worth of my weirdest dreams. I went through about 70 pages of them right now, leaving some and nuking others - copying them to a separate file that I'll email to myself.

How I made the choice for which to leave and which to nuke I'm not sure. When I started this project a couple of hours ago there was some idea of weeding the garden - I mean, I can't let myself look *too* weird online, right? Right? But some of these dreams are really fun. Why would I delete them?

There really is no alleviating it. I'm a strange duck, and that's OK. If you've found this post and you're really that curious as to what got deleted into a "rubble of bones" then message me and if you're really nice, maybe I'll email you the file.

Goodnight and god bless,
Alice

Last edited by lukkucairi : 01-05-2014 at 11:06 PM. Reason: a rubble of bones!
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #102
Tunesmith
click click click

Whew...just woke up from this.

I was standing in a white room with blinding lights, but could faintly make out an audience of white lab coats behind a glass wall. People were definitely wearing the coats, but their outlines were blurry, and so the only thing I could see was the place where the shining outline of their clothes met the darkness.

As I looked around, I noticed a line of people to my right. While I watched, the farthest one stepped forward, and a loudspeaker announced in a scientific monotone some long conglomeration of medical terms along the lines of "Creutzfeldt beta-amyloid subdural deconstructase deficiency on chromosome 22". As each person would step forward and be labeled, a low murmur would run through the obscured panel.

Then time seemed to stop, and I felt the eyes of the entire line focus on me. I stepped forward, turned directly towards the glass, and recited my own genetic disorder (I don't remember what it was). I distinctly remember saying "I may look like I'm 17, but I'm actually 45." At that moment, a man stood up from behind the glass and shouted "Impossible!" and the room faded away and quickly dissolved (a la Powerpoint animation) into a new scene: striking the set of an elaborate production.

I stood backstage, still dressed in hospital garb from the previous sequence, as everyone milled around. I noticed people carrying boards and bags stuffed important-looking equipment - it seemed like everyone except me had a task that they were completing with ultimate precision. I saw a few friends, and stopped one: a girl I've known from preschool who has severe social anxiety. She seemed totally at ease as she dragged a folded curtain across the floor. I tried to stop her, but like everyone else she just gave me a cursory "Can't." and hurried on.

I then "woke up" in the dream, only to find that I had only one goal: to make as many sandwiches as humanly possible, and then escape - I have no idea from what...

As I began to spread peanut butter on around 20 slices of bread, I heard a little voice in my ear whispering "Wrong plates. Do it again."

And then I woke up for real.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #103
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
life could be good
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #104
Brynn
constantly amazed

that's encouraging as heck

I dreamed that my husband was imprisoned because the authorities bugged our house and found out that he liked to write lists. This was suspicious to them and unnacceptable, so they took him away.
Meanwhile, everyone in the world was issued an orange cat to be kept in their household. The cat was intelligent, could talk, and was also embedded with a chip that recorded and reported all that went on each household.

In my epic struggle to get my husband freed (this dream had a time span of years) I gradually learned that he was being reprogrammed and a comely blonde was "helping" with that, but he was resisting to the point that they were about to execute him.
In a last-ditch effort to get a stay of execution, I found myself desperately dragging a raw leg of lamb up to the front door of a giant yellow building that had a strange facade - it looked exactly like a gigantic 22-story yellow door with a giant door frame and a giant knocker in the middle of it, even though there were tinier windows to the side revealing it to be a normal office building.
Some well-to-do officials were getting into their SUV's and I begged to talk to them, but they were in a hurry, and looked at the leg of lamb strangely.
They would not accept it. I woke up very sad and distressed.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #105
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^You were Anna Akhmatova in a past life.

I bring my friend a lump of clay, and he swiftly sculpts a little figure, gives it to me. It has one foot down, and is raised just slightly off its seat. I start to leave, and I say
Wait, is he getting up or just sitting down?

My friend smiles, opens his mouth, and I wake up.

I hate it when he does that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: