ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #1756
Penut
The One, The Only.

zwischenzug- The name of the least popular cheese in the world. The cheese is made out of male breast milk and causes a slight sense of euphoria after eating which lasts about 5 seconds before you either have to throw it up or your insides explode. It was very popular during WWII as a means of getting information. It is now used by suicide cults around the world and is illegal in all countrys but France where they seem to find the taste delicious.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #1757
LeahDear
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinzdale
This is why large people should buy insect repellant when attending theme parties dressed as an Oxford Professor of English.

^^^
LeahDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:50 AM   #1758
Brynn
constantly amazed

And since we're waiting around anyway for the judge, making comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee
zwischenzug

When Blanche with a smirk placed "Unbeatable" horizontally off of the second tile down from the left side, leaving her just one tile in hand and a seemingly solid 100 point lead, Stanley thundered "HA" and emptyed his rack of 10 tiles
10 tiles in the rack???? I've never played with but seven! How does the game go, doing that? Is it over a lot sooner? Better words???? I am so trying that next time.
I have played Speed Scrabble where everyone gets 59 seconds to play. I've also played Idiot's Scrabble - low points win, and if a word is judged by the group to be too long or clever, then extra points are added on as punishment.

Last edited by Brynn : 07-27-2006 at 04:52 AM. Reason: drunk of course
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #1759
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn
10 tiles in the rack???? I've never played with but seven! How does the game go, doing that? Is it over a lot sooner? Better words???? I am so trying that next time.

At the start of each turn a player has to pick up a tile; and if unable to place a word, the tiles in hand pile up in hand.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:23 PM   #1760
LeahDear
monkey

Quote:
At the start of each turn a player has to pick up a tile; and if unable to place a word, the tiles in hand pile up in hand.
really?

I've always picked up tiles after I've made a word and only picked up the amount that I put down to make 7 again... also, if I couldn't make a word then I just lost a go.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #1761
Coffee
Cheeses Save

^^^cheater.

Well...it's been a long time since I Scrabbled...but my recollection is that you pick up a new tile from the face down pile at start of each new turn (hopefully one that will let you use the Crap in hand) and if you can't make a word still you just gnash your teeth and hope for something usefull next turn. Emptying your rack awarded some bonus points (I forget how much) and if someone emptied their rack the round was over, and players having tiles in hand subtracted from their points already earned, or docked them into the hole.

Were we just making those rules up???

Last edited by Coffee : 07-27-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #1762
Brynn
constantly amazed

Well, it's a version of Scrabble we've never played before, let's just put it that way I'd like to try it.
I always played by the rules on the box - the way Leah plays it. We very often had to actually refer to them, growing up, because my mom was pretty cuthroat and you had to watch her.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #1763
dddrum
Amateur Human

Quote:

Well...it's been a long time since I Scrabbled...but my recollection is that you pick up a new tile from the face down pile at start of each new turn (hopefully one that will let you use the Crap in hand) and if you can't make a word still you just gnash your teeth and hope for something usefull next turn. Emptying your rack awarded some bonus points (I forget how much) and if someone emptied their rack the round was over, and players having tiles in hand subtracted from their points already earned, or docked them into the hole.

Were we just making those rules up???
The offiskal rules are fairly clear, even when translated into German, and then back to English (via Babelfish):

Accomplish your revolution, by counting and announcing your notch for this revolution. Draw then so many new letters, you played; if you hold always seven for letters on your rack, so long, since there are sufficient tiles to the left in the bag.

If you cannot form a word with the letters on your rack, you can lose EXCEEDING, your revolution and your letters keep. They know EXCHANGE at this Punktoptativ, to three tiles with new tiles of the bag so long, as sufficient tiles for the exchange remain.

Hmm. Okay then... so much for Babelfish.

Complete your turn by counting and announcing your score for that turn. Then draw as many new letters as you played; always keep seven letters on your rack, as long as there are enough tiles left in the bag.

If you cannot form a word with the letters on your rack, you may PASS, forfeiting your turn and retaining your letters. You may at this point opt to EXCHANGE up to three tiles with new tiles from the bag, as long as sufficient tiles remain for the exchange.

There you have it, courtesy of Hasbro, which acquired them from Parker Brothers, who in turn bought them offa Coleco, who got 'em from Selchow & Righter for three magic beans and a case of Cabbage Patch Cooties.

Now let's get some judgmentation goin' on.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #1764
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
the day of judgementation is nigh... turn your back on scrabble deviancy before it's TOO LATE, well okay, one last game and be quick about it!
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #1765
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

zwischenzug

Drag queens who wear leiderhosen and do the slapping dance.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #1766
Coffee
Cheeses Save

zwischenzug Ger zwichen; wishing away, z; the, ug; ugly.

The emotion related to wishing an ugly mistake was undone.

Coffee was devastated by severe zwischenzug upon discovering that his prior definition was wholey premised upon fraudulent Scrabble rules.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:48 AM   #1767
LeahDear
monkey

zwischenzug

The term for unusual, and previously unheard of, rules on how to play scrabble.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #1768
Penut
The One, The Only.

I played scrabble yesterday for the pure reason to try and get zwischenzug....it didnt happen and i ended up losing...to my brother...who is 10...whos biggest word was elephant...which is pretty big if u think about it...not very sophisticated tho...
Old 07-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #1769
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Coffee

zwischenzug

Relating to awesome scrabble words achieved out of a series of seemingly own, and many recent studies have shown that frequent use of the muscles which the brain associates with sadness can adversely affect a person's mood.

Adolf wondered why, whenever he said 'Gőring', he got angry.

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: MULTIPLE ENTRIES, ENGAGED IN SCRABBLE TALK

Brynn

zwischenzug- the elaborately draped train of material hanging off the butt of an evening gown. Good for swishing.

"Oh Stanley-manly, it's far too hot to play Scrabble anyway," a clearly miffed Blanche exclaimed as she overturned the board and swished her zwischenzug seductively towards the bedroom.

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: ENGAGED IN SCRABBLE TALK

Ze Frank

zwischenzug
A high tech rug manufactured in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. Never needs vacuuming. Just sweep it with the zwischen sweeper and it looks brand new.

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: MULTIPLE ENTRIES, IMPERSONATING BOARD OWNER

12"razormix

zwischenzug, n.

highly effective home cleaning professionals, usually trained and bonded.

"Haaaaarold you git - what are your splippers doing in the hall? Now off you go and clean up that mess, the zwischenzug will be here any minute now, they got your slippers all wet 'n soapy last time, what, you think we can afford to buy new ones every time you get a bloody mess all over them? That shut you right up, did it now, get your lazy arse down here I tell you, HAAAAAAAAA - ROLLLD you hear me, don't pretend you don't cause I know you do, why I NEVER, dirty unkempt bastard still walking around in his robe at this time of day, I should have listened to Mother but noooo, dearie me, I was much too young, much too stupid, God bless her, kind soul that she was, couldn't even be bothered to shave and still up there lounging about in his knickers and robe, what was I thinking ... Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarold"

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: REFUSES TO WIN

Marcus Bales

zwischenzug - the voice of experience.

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: MULTIPLE ENTRIES

Ze Frank

zwischenzug- from Georg Zwischenzug, The owner of the record of hardest German last name to say, and the infamous Nazi Cannibal, he reportedly ate Hitler.

Wasn't he related to the Soup Nazi?

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: MULTIPLE ENTRIES, IMPERSONATING BOARD OWNER

dddrum

zwischenzug - v.( fr. Germ., onomatopoeic) - after the initial schnipf, the preferred method of tasting a fine Reisling, Huxelrebe, or Spätburgunder.

Penut

zwischenzug- The name of the least popular cheese in the world. The cheese is made out of male breast milk and causes a slight sense of euphoria after eating which lasts about 5 seconds before you either have to throw it up or your insides explode. It was very popular during WWII as a means of getting information. It is now used by suicide cults around the world and is illegal in all countrys but France where they seem to find the taste delicious.

daverbee

zwischenzug

Drag queens who wear leiderhosen and do the slapping dance.

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: LATE ENTRY

Coffee

zwischenzug Ger zwichen; wishing away, z; the, ug; ugly.

The emotion related to wishing an ugly mistake was undone.

Coffee was devastated by severe zwischenzug upon discovering that his prior definition was wholey premised upon fraudulent Scrabble rules.

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: MULTIPLE ENTRIES, LATE ENTRY, ENGAGED IN SCRABBLE TALK

LeahDear

zwischenzug

The term for unusual, and previously unheard of, rules on how to play scrabble.

- REASON FOR DISQUALIFICATION: LATE ENTRY, ENGAGED IN SCRABBLE TALK

Which leaves us with

Demi-Coveted fourth place goes to xfox

zwischenzug disease caused by lack of music and hugs.

Penetentiary life, bread and water wasn't so bad, but the zwischenzug really wiped him out.

Semi-Coveted third place goes to Master_Jedi

zwischenzug- from Georg Zwischenzug, The owner of the record of hardest German last name to say, and the infamous Nazi Cannibal, he reportedly ate Hitler.

Coveted second place goes to trisherina

zwischenzug: An insect native to Austria which makes its home in beer casks. As legend has it, the one who drinks a zwischenzug in a draught of brew is destined to a lifetime of pleasure -- giving rise to the chant of "Zug! Zug! ZUG!" in time to beer guzzling.

Grand Prize Winner goes to dinzdale

zwischenzug n.

The scientific name for the noise made by a fat person's thighs walking fast in corduroy trousers.
Also the term used for the noise made by grasshoppers rubbing their legs together to produce a mating call.

This is why large people should buy insect repellant when attending theme parties dressed as an Oxford Professor of English.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:17 PM   #1770
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Yay me !!!

New word in a moment....
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: