Research your subject thoroughly
thanks!!

i once heard ben dover say that too - there must be something in it

i'll give it a try
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #77
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I didn't take this picture about fifteen years ago from the passenger seat of a moving Camaro going past the Capitol Hill Pub in Canora, just as a plump young blonde woman with long frizzy hair, black bicycle shorts and a white tank top rode her bicycle under the awning and was illuminated in perfect black and white figure/ground clarity, every stray hair and mosquito fluttering nearby captured and frozen in precise detail.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #78
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

This is a picture I didn't take of a mating pair of red-shouldered hawks I saw one evening on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was that magic, golden hour just before sunset when the skies erupt into all different shades of orange and red. They appeared to be dancing together as they followed thermals Westward over Devil's Courthouse Rock.
daverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #79
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

In this candid photo no one in my back seat took, my red, slightly startled and watery eyes are framed by the rearview mirror which in turn is framed by the windscreen, giving a stunning view of the early morning river valley backed by the city skyline, tall green trees and still water beneath glittering banks of windows as I crest the hill at 98th Avenue just past the traffic circle, and check to see if anyone at work will be able to discern signs of weeping, having just again reabsorbed for the hundredth time this week the fact that N will soon be dead.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:32 AM   #80
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

You can't see the expressive look of extreme discomfort on the faces of these schoolchildren as their teacher, Jesustitties intentionally scrapes his fingers down the blackboard to get their attention because this picture wasn't taken and JT only teaches on whiteboards.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #81
xfox
slightly effective

In this picture I failed to take was the western sky as it was darkening grey with day's end and the NE wind over the sandy beach was warm on that first June night while looking up at our condo's, all six, little, beach box houses alike, like the Levittown of the Outer Banks, and the one on the dune with it's American flag waving high in the breeze, back lit by a patch of white sky.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:52 AM   #82
zero

i did not capture this image of a woman in her emerald-green coat and purple suede boots as she fell asleep in the window seat of the chorleywood-london train and her short red skirt rode up around her thighs, her mouth falling open and reflected in the window transposed on the landscape outside as the train raced parrallel with the motorway, all the cars and trucks rushing into her mouth just before she woke up and coughed twice

Last edited by zero : 06-08-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #83
Brynn
constantly amazed

----

I failed utterly to get this shot looking down at the beautiful multi-colored clothes flapping on a lonely clothesline high along the edge of a mountain cliff outside of Quito in Ecuador. Those are white clouds lapping around the rocks at the drop-off. There's an old turquoise VW bus with no tires off to the side.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #84
zero

today i failed to take this picture of artist enfant terrible damien hirst and his wife having a stroll along the promenade at west wittering in the dazzling light of a june afternoon, crossing the road in front of me - while i lingered, waiting for them to pass, on my way to the train station and the train that departed purposefully ten seconds before i arrived
Old 07-01-2005, 02:16 AM   #85
Brynn
constantly amazed

---

Here's a very telling picture I failed to take of Ricardo Montalban being utterly, utterly charming to a pretty young waitress as his wife beside him looks annoyed.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #86
zero

i didn't take this photo of a woman i glimpsed for a fraction of a second, wearing a canary yellow cycle suit, electric blue baseball cap and black cycling gloves; riding her bicycle (no hands) down chichester high street during morning rush-hour, waving her arms in some sort of calisthenic excerises that made her look as if she was swinging two bats with heavy weights stuck to their ends and as she swung her invisible bats over her head she shot across box junction, weaving in and out of the traffic and the entire time (a fleeting moment) that i saw her my eye froze her in a way that reminded me of a superfast lense with a big f-stop because all i saw was the dreamy look in her eyes which were in immaculate focus while the world faded into a background of beautiful blur.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:31 PM   #87
noxxville
Disco Maven

It is with great pride that i present the photo that I did not take just after this individual's motorcycle sped across the street and smacked head-on into a rather robust brick was. What I failed to capture, as you cannot clearly see, is the blood pattern on the wall that is very reminiscent of a drunken porcupine.

Last edited by noxxville : 07-08-2005 at 11:34 PM.
noxxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 AM   #88
lapietra
half baked

I am reluctantly showing this picture that I didn't capture of some one thousand yellow and black-striped quietly humming honeybees gathering pollen in a field of lavender on a warm summer day underneath a soft blue sky. It doesn't quite compare to the some of the other photos that weren't taken, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

Last edited by lapietra : 07-09-2005 at 04:42 AM.
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:10 AM   #89
Brynn
constantly amazed

At a recent Little League game, I did not have my camera and couldn't capture on film one of those "perfectly" insane moms who always runs everything perfectly, keeps a perfect house, volunteers for everything, and subtly guilt-trips the other moms who don't. She's just bought her All-Star son an All-Star sweatshirt with his player number on the front - 6, as well as one for herself and her husband.
They've all just put them on so they would match. Here they are sitting in a row on the bleachers. They are oblivious to the fact that together they form a "666." but the irony is lost on no one else.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #90
dinzdale
King of the patns

x

Had I been there, this would have been my friend Pammy and Linda Nolan fighting over (and in) my birthday cake. Naked.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: