Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #451
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukkucairi View Post
*question*

do you ever get deja vu?

I get deja vu of having had deja vu of having had deja vu in an infinite regression. does this happen to anyone else?
it's freaky when you get that meta deja vu for the first time. now I don't think I ever get deja vu without the deja vuity getting wrapped up in its own deja vuness. that convinces me that deja vu is not actually the feeling that something has happened before, but for some reason feels like the feeling that something has happened before.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:34 AM   #452
T.I.P.
balancing actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpearl View Post
question for Sunday, Oct. 21:

Are you aware of your sense of smell in your dreams?
for those of you interested in catching up on the state of the art in dream science, there are a number of interesting articles in today's online NYT science section

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/science...html?th&emc=th
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 AM   #453
zero
ª ★ ª

oi! excusez moi monsieur! mais ecoutez - bollocks to dream science, i'm noticing some folk just cannie seem to stop themselves from blahblahblahing on about ¿ questions of the day ? long after the question's had it's day

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
* no answering or discussing this question after today. at midnight somebody must pose a new ¿ question of the day ?

thank you for your kind assistance in these matters and post a new ¿ question of the day ? while you're at it
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 AM   #454
T.I.P.
balancing actor

you're absolutely right it's intolerable all this blahblahblahing around here after the day is done.

I have just the question to set things straight:

¿ Is there a sequence of events (3 or more) that you repeat every day in exactly the same order, in which each gesture has been repeated so many times that it is now reduced to a minimalist expression of perfection ?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 AM   #455
zero
ª ★ ª

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry
¿ Is there a sequence of events (3 or more) that you repeat every day in exactly the same order, in which each gesture has been repeated so many times that it is now reduced to a minimalist expression of perfection ?

could you repeat the ¿ question of the day ? please?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #456
T.I.P.
balancing actor

i would be happy to oblige but the RULES of this thread oblige me to refrain any déjà "vous"
Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #457
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.I.P. View Post
you're absolutely right it's intolerable all this blahblahblahing around here after the day is done.

I have just the question to set things straight:

yes
*clams up*
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:14 AM   #458
zero
ª ★ ª

Quote:
Quote:
déjà "vous"
Quote:
Quote:
déjà "vous"
Quote:
Quote:
déjà "vous"
no
Old 10-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #459
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

No. But almost every workday I ask other people to perform a sequence of three actions. Then I give them a score according to how well they perform.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 AM   #460
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

Zroe you wanna drive Teri-cheri crazy? (no official question, no official question, no, no, no!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.I.P.
There is a sequence: crawling out of bed (i.e. mattress) - turning on radio - making coffee - searching ciggies/ashtray/lighter - sitting cross-legged in my green armchair (but turned by 90° so I have the ashtray on the armrest in front of me) - having the ritual c&c with music.
Unfortunately the minimalist, perfect flow is too often disturbed by morning-clumsiness-induced spilling of coffee on the way from the kitchen... though if I include that into the sequence... then: yes
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:19 AM   #461
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^oh yes
the coffee-spilling is the wabi-sabi that qualifies it as perfection!
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 AM   #462
T.I.P.
balancing actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephi_B View Post
[size="1"]
There is a sequence: crawling out of bed (i.e. mattress) - turning on radio - making coffee - searching ciggies/ashtray/lighter - sitting cross-legged in my green armchair (but turned by 90° so I have the ashtray on the armrest in front of me) - having the ritual c&c with music.
Unfortunately the minimalist, perfect flow is too often disturbed by morning-clumsiness-induced spilling of coffee on the way from the kitchen... though if I include that into the sequence... then: yes
"turned by 90° so I have the ashtray on the armrest in front of me" is exactly the perfection i was talking about
Old 10-23-2007, 07:48 AM   #463
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

^ & ^^ Mille grazie
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #464
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Timing the making of oatmeal and coffee such that they are ready and beep at the EXACT same time that the dog wants back in.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #465
T.I.P.
balancing actor

open front door, remove coat and walk three steps, press the computer ON button with, rotate 170° and three steps back to fill a pot with water/turning on the electric stove, go to wash hands in lavatory, come back to type administrative password that is appearing on a prompt screen that has appeared on computer at that exact moment, walk back to refrigerator, remove vegetables,..etc..

[continue this kind of sequence until sleep]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: