ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Et Cetera
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2007, 01:16 AM   #46
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
Y'know, I may be a lowly noob and all, seeing as I haven't passed the 3,000 post count yet (thanks for the tip, Brynn!), but it seems to me like we need to start honoring ze's wishes.
It's actually 4,000.
Quote:
And I'm not just saying that because he ranks #11 on the Top 25 Web Celebrities, was called "very funny and energetic as a presenter" by Leigh Bureau, is the five-time winner of Witch Weekly's "Most Charming Smile Award", etc. I'm saying it because he's the creator of this amazing place, and therefore he deserves some respect.

But what do I know? Once again, I'm just a lowly noob.
No one called you that. Why you gotta start?
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:20 AM   #47
topcat
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
Y'know, I may be a lowly noob and all, seeing as I haven't passed the 3,000 post count yet (thanks for the tip, Brynn!), but it seems to me like we need to start honoring ze's wishes.

And I'm not just saying that because he ranks #11 on the Top 25 Web Celebrities, was called "very funny and energetic as a presenter" by Leigh Bureau, is the five-time winner of Witch Weekly's "Most Charming Smile Award", etc. I'm saying it because he's the creator of this amazing place, and therefore he deserves some respect.

But what do I know? Once again, I'm just a lowly noob.
^^^ strike 2

This is an internet bulletin board.

Nothing more. Nothing less
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:51 AM   #48
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I feal your pain pearly, it isn't the first time this has happened,and it won't/might be the last, but at least your face isn't the bullseye. S'ok though. I can take a kick in the balls.

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:15 AM   #49
Mik
Registered Abuser

strike three eh?
3 outs?
bottom of the ninth?

great, game's over
we lose!
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:32 AM   #50
lukkucairi
earth worker

maybe this is rounders

in rounders they go to five
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:45 AM   #51
Frieda
in limbo

how dare you post my personal messages out in the open audrey??

jesus.

i thought this was a nice thread when i saw the title.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #52
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbabe View Post
I feal your pain pearly, it isn't the first time this has happened,and it won't/might be the last, but at least your face isn't the bullseye. S'ok though. I can take a kick in the balls.
I feel your pain, too, because I've been the bullseye in other situations. But I've also been the one who had to call the shots. They both suck.

It turns out it hurts to watch from the sidelines, too. It's like coming in to see a great game, play a little, hang out with your buddies, and instead everyone's chairs have been moved and you've all got to stare straight ahead watching Kramer vs. Kramer from the halfway point, with little idea about the details, but a perfect view of the big picture.

It's obvious something has to give. One just hopes it can be done slowly enough to be gentle.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:29 AM   #53
zefrank
-------------

audrey is banned for a while.
topcat is banned for a month.
zen is banned for a month but can contact me anytime if she'd like to chat about all this.

PFP is on warning.

no, none of it is fair, and for the moment that might happen while i try and salvage this place.
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #54
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

I'm sure it was hard for you to do, but there had to be some breathing room from somewhere.

Building it Back Up...
it makes me happy and hopeful to see that.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #55
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Ze,

It's always been a little disconcerting to remember that this place that has become an essential part of the day continues to exist only through your goodwill. That you've run it as you have, even when your personal interests might have moved on, is something I am, and I think the vast majority of people here are genuinely grateful for. I can't contradict you if you feel the cost to yourself of running the board as it was, either in financial terms or in terms of arsepain, is no longer justified. But to me, it is disappointing that it should end because a small proportion of people are determined to give you a hard time, rather than through the place reaching the end of its natural life. I think it can have a lot of life in it yet if allowed, and new members are still arriving and are still finding the place to be both fun and intelligent, and they would seem to be the least biased observers. There's some great slow burning conversations in the debate hall too. So on the benefit side of the cost/benefit equation, I think there's as much justification as there ever was for this place to continue.

To some extent you're always going to be cast in the role of the absent parent, who isn't here to save us from each other and from ourselves, and be resented for it, sometimes quietly, sometimes loudly. Even though it's been clear we are expected to find our own solutions here, sometimes we can't, and on the internet, all arguments seem inevitably to degenerate into arguments about moderation. I think sometimes there's genuine frustration when people don't see a way to deal with a problem, as with a certain recent poster, and with other things too, and sometimes it must have it's out. I don't know, I think sometimes we need someone to tell us to get a grip, but we can only do that by dragging you in our problems, but then again we don't want to turn this into a chore for you.

Anyway I hope you can see your way to a change of heart on this, at some time at least. I gotta respect your opinion, but I felt as something of old timer, if not generation 0, I should be making a case for this place. In any event I think I'll be around as long as the fiction project has a life, and whatever Frieda's place can afford, I hope others will too.

Hfox
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #56
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^Look at the main page.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #57
zefrank
-------------

thanks HF.

i agree that it is a special place, and i am trying to find a way to bring it back around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox View Post
Ze,

It's always been a little disconcerting to remember that this place that has become an essential part of the day continues to exist only through your goodwill. That you've run it as you have, even when your personal interests might have moved on, is something I am, and I think the vast majority of people here are genuinely grateful for. I can't contradict you if you feel the cost to yourself of running the board as it was, either in financial terms or in terms of arsepain, is no longer justified. But to me, it is disappointing that it should end because a small proportion of people are determined to give you a hard time, rather than through the place reaching the end of its natural life. I think it can have a lot of life in it yet if allowed, and new members are still arriving and are still finding the place to be both fun and intelligent, and they would seem to be the least biased observers. There's some great slow burning conversations in the debate hall too. So on the benefit side of the cost/benefit equation, I think there's as much justification as there ever was for this place to continue.

To some extent you're always going to be cast in the role of the absent parent, who isn't here to save us from each other and from ourselves, and be resented for it, sometimes quietly, sometimes loudly. Even though it's been clear we are expected to find our own solutions here, sometimes we can't, and on the internet, all arguments seem inevitably to degenerate into arguments about moderation. I think sometimes there's genuine frustration when people don't see a way to deal with a problem, as with a certain recent poster, and with other things too, and sometimes it must have it's out. I don't know, I think sometimes we need someone to tell us to get a grip, but we can only do that by dragging you in our problems, but then again we don't want to turn this into a chore for you.

Anyway I hope you can see your way to a change of heart on this, at some time at least. I gotta respect your opinion, but I felt as something of old timer, if not generation 0, I should be making a case for this place. In any event I think I'll be around as long as the fiction project has a life, and whatever Frieda's place can afford, I hope others will too.

Hfox
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 AM   #58
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpearl View Post
^Look at the main page.
It must've had an effect.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #59
TinaBina
Mooooooooo

Yayyyy!!

After a nasty night of dreaming about my old cat eating poisoned mice and earthworms coming in through the walls, this is especially nice to wake up to!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #60
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^ omg get over to the happy thread, stat!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: