ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #1141
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^Such interesting parallels in those two above. And lots of things about mothers lately.

I haven't been dreaming much lately, but this morning I was picking up my kid from school, trying to figure out how to make a perfect curry with my husband, and I suddenly remembered that I have a baby that I haven't thought about in hours, and I feel rising panic and crushing guilt. I hear him whine a little bit from the swing and am relieved that he was sleeping right nearby. I realize I shouldn't have had the half a glass of wine with the curry. How did I forget?
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #1142
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
I was visiting Brynn and we'd gone to the local school auditorium where they were having this big kind of marijuana fair. We queued for a while and a lot of people queuing were smoking away and so high their faces were really stetched tight. Eventually we got into a big hall where the kids had set up stands selling different kinds of stuff and you had to walk round in a particular path Ikea style. The first table had cookies with smarties on the top in brightly colored bags, they had soft cookies and hard cookies and I grabbed some soft cookies. But the next table had just the same hard and soft cookies too, and the next table and the next. I was getting a little frustrated with all these cookie stalls and others were as well, finally a woman told us all to follow her and we skipped the Ikea layout and went right to the end near the cash registers where they had all this other stuff like a lolly shop. I couldn't understand what any of the things were supposed to be. Finally I saw a few of these coloured whistle things and the sign said "get one for your dad and one for your mum. And one for your grandma too! " Apparently this was what I had wanted. Then I thought the sniffer dogs at customs will know I've had marijuana in my backpack. I'll just tell them it's legal in America. Maybe in California at least. Hang on Brynn's not in California. This doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Hyakujo's Fox : 10-04-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #1143
monkeyknifightz

I found myself repairing separators on an oil facility with a few coworkers, who were not on good terms with me. So in the midst of some terribly awkward silence a gas bubble began to push itself to the gates of my backdoor. Naturally I try my best to let it go quietly, but the smell was rank, like rotten eggs(which happens to be the same smell as the highly toxic H2S gas). As soon as they smell it they take off running for dear life and the separator backfired but instead of oil, water, and formation, feces exploded all over me.
monkeyknifightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #1144
monkeyknifightz

I wonder what freud would say....
monkeyknifightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:07 AM   #1145
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Question

^not exactly sure, Monkeyknife, but this is what popped immed. In to my mind ::
(hopefully it is not sacrelig to post this
Out of context

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...66&version=NIV
Old 12-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #1146
Frieda
in limbo

i dreamt i was with a group of people at my late grandmother's flat. we go upstairs, and we see the sky change. there's two patterned circles showing in the clouds, a big one and a slightly smaller one in front of it. we watch in awe and shock, some people shout that it's spaceships and it's the end of the world.

i'm not sure what i am looking at but hope it's not that bad, until the clouds reveal a giant metal skull. we run inside, and down small stairs into another room, but we get locked in.

nobody really knows what is happening. there is a white marble statue and someone starts kicking it. suddenly we are all turned into marble statues, but we can still move around. a few decide to take what looks like an elevator. when we hear the screaming we realize it's an oven and whoever are in there are dying a horrible death. everybody is terrified, panicking, and screaming.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #1147
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

this morning, shortly before 3 a.m.:

Two boys were making 'music': one was holding a musical instrument developed by himself. It consisted of some pipe and emitted weird sounds. The other was 'singing', but no words, just really weird sounds accompanying the other one's weird tunes. I was appalled. The singer then came to me and explained that the other one was mute and this is the way he expresses himself. And he is helping him. I felt ashamed, somehow. Even so, I did not want to listen to that music.

Then a distant friend came to me and gave me a box of chocolates. Especially one chocolate drew my attention. The candy wrapper said Beef Dollop - in English! Upon closer examination I found out it is beef chocolate with raspberry flavour. I felt curious. Somehow I felt it was going to taste great. (I think it's the reflection of zero's and pearl's candid discourse about candy.)

Then she gave me a thin-thin cigarette, tobacco rolled in blue cigarette paper. I smoked it and it felt so good. The tobacco had this sweet scent, I remember I enjoyed the smell while dreaming. So I decided to go to the tobacconist and buy some more. I bought a whole box of those blue cigarettes, even though they were expensive.

That's it. The strange thing is I smoked about 10 cigarettes when I was a teenager and didn't like them so I never smoked again. In RL I hate cigarette smoke. I'm so angry in the morning when I'm lying in bed and have to crawl out and shut the window because someone's smoke floats in.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #1148
zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by YsaPur EsChomuw View Post
... so angry in the morning when I'm lying in bed and have to crawl out and shut the window because someone's smoke floats in.
i keep telling you!! put a clothespeg on your nose at bedtime!
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #1149
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
David Weinstock Has The Army Termite Midget Dream

Halfway through my 10th year
for the first time ever
I noticed myself. I knew
I was me. I knew
I had to grab
this sudden feeling so it could not get
away: I had to put it into words. Fiercely
I said to myself, "I am me and I know
I am me. Remember this. "

Not long after that, I had a dream,
a regular sort of dream, with
all the nonsensical stuff that happens in dreams.
I gave it a title, and started trying to
sell it on the playground.
"I'm selling dreams," I said.
"I just had The Army Termite Midget Dream
and I'll sell it to you for a dime."

My two best school friends made it clear
this was silly and, worse,
not the least bit entertaining.
Even when I revealed tantalizing details
like Bonnie Peterson wearing
a suit of armor, nobody was buying it.
Nobody was going to pay me to tell them my dreams.

Four inches up this screen
on Blogger's dashboard
there’s a clickable tab that says
“Monetize”.
I haven't clicked it, but someday
someday I will.
And then I am finally going
to sell somebody that dream.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #1150
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

Jonathan Frakes and Jack Layton running a printing shop. Jack Layton holds up a poster sporting a fat, sloppy characacher done South Park style, promoting an upcoming indi metal concert. He gleefully mimes air guitar, sticking out his tongue, and singing the lyrics to the band's top single "My son is the Antichrist".

Though I must say, considering the usual roster of deceased to make an appearance in my dreams, Jack Layton is a fair bit less personal. And thus less disturbing.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #1151
Brynn
constantly amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakujo's Fox View Post
I was visiting Brynn and we'd gone to the local school auditorium where they were having this big kind of marijuana fair. We queued for a while and a lot of people queuing were smoking away and so high their faces were really stetched tight. Eventually we got into a big hall where the kids had set up stands selling different kinds of stuff and you had to walk round in a particular path Ikea style. The first table had cookies with smarties on the top in brightly colored bags, they had soft cookies and hard cookies and I grabbed some soft cookies. But the next table had just the same hard and soft cookies too, and the next table and the next. I was getting a little frustrated with all these cookie stalls and others were as well, finally a woman told us all to follow her and we skipped the Ikea layout and went right to the end near the cash registers where they had all this other stuff like a lolly shop. I couldn't understand what any of the things were supposed to be. Finally I saw a few of these coloured whistle things and the sign said "get one for your dad and one for your mum. And one for your grandma too! " Apparently this was what I had wanted. Then I thought the sniffer dogs at customs will know I've had marijuana in my backpack. I'll just tell them it's legal in America. Maybe in California at least. Hang on Brynn's not in California. This doesn't make sense.
I wish I could dream that HFox came to visit me in TownyMcTownsVille and we were very rich and tiny. We'd get extremely stoned and spend the day wandering into mansions, hanging out at the top of Tonga Tower and magically reviving wheat from helicopters.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #1152
lukkucairi
earth worker

a rubble of bones!

Last edited by lukkucairi : 01-05-2014 at 08:31 PM.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #1153
Brynn
constantly amazed

the house is really old and shabby so none of the locks work. there's a gang of young adults and a few middle-aged men and women. they don't like the fact that they don't know who we are, and we're staying in a place with no curtains, so they amass outside, pounding on the windows, shouting insults. who do we think we are? do we think we'll be safe inside the house? they'll break the windows if we don't come out to them, we'd better not call the police or it will go so much worse for us don't we know how brutal they can be? and they get more and more violent and i'm holding the doorknob and the broken lock trying to pphysically keep them our by twisting on the bolt but they are too strong. i decide to make a break for the phone which is just a land line but I dial 911. because I left off from the lock, they breach the house and I start to hear my little sister screaming in another part of the house where they drag her. 911 answers, but they don't seem to hear the screaming and they never come. they find me. they are all strangers to me but each distinct, as if i am meeting random people in their dreams.

All of these people are very very angry and i try to find out what their problem is but all they really want is to hurt something alive, and that would be me. I see the pain in their eyes. the dark-haired woman dumps a bag of flour on my head and rubs it into my hair saying "you think you're pretty? wait until we're done with you!" and a man is holding my arms behind my back and they are all laughing as an older man with a gray beard jokes about shoving a giant tube up my crotch and he demonstrates through my clothing but the dark-haired woman whose face is twisted with grief says no this one is mine. The more I try to reason with her, the more questions I ask, the angrier she gets. they spread one of my eyes open wide to pour tabasco sauce in it and rub it in the flour on my face and I try to stay calm and try not to be afraid and try to just send out love and i think of the 23rd Psalm about the lord being my shepherd who makes me lie down beside still waters and prepares a feast in the presence of my enemies while they rip on my hair and bat me around and I'm blinking from the hot sauce in my eye, but nothing hurts because it's only the valley of the shadow of death and i should fear no evil but the agony is the fear and i can see the fear even in their eyes, fear of their own violence. and then I know what "take up your cross" means and the thorn in Paul's side and i start babbling bible verses which makes them all angrier and more violent and my sister is screaming in the next room it's really bad for her but she was always tougher and more saint-like and I realized why jesus stood dumb under torture because saying anything makes everything worse so he just stood there and let them vent everything on him but it wasn't masochism it was compassion and innocence and helplessness and the moment I calm down a little and try to emanate love, they get more vicious and start yelling at me not to look at them and they all start going for my eyes and I keep telling myself that it's just the valley, just the shadow, not real, death isn't real just a dream, but I can't take anymore and i start keening. i wake up myself up with my own sounds and wonder if taking up the cross means being a container for nightmares and would it be okay if i would hold these guilty things for a little while to shoulder some of the world's burdens if only for a short nightmare here and there? As I lie there and catch my breath i am flooded with endorphins, peace and comfort and i see St. Stephen's face illuminated by joy as he is pelted with rocks. and yea though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i will fear no evil for thou art with me next to the still waters of dreaming paralyzed but it's the fear that will get you every time so watch out for that next time. good job.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #1154
Frieda
in limbo

Something disgusting:
That i was blowing my nose, and there's a slime thread stuck at the back of my throat. I pull it out, and with the thread i pull both my tonsils out.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #1155
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

I was in one of the office buildings on Main St. overlooking the harbour, and I saw a jet, about the size of an A-300 splash down in the water and sink below the surface. It clipped a couple of smaller planes, like 2 or 4 seaters on the way down, and they spun in too. For some reason I knew my uncle was on the jet. We'd dropped him off at the airport a couple hours earlier, and somehow I knew it was his plane.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: