Old 10-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
Brynn
constantly amazed

you first
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
Master_Jedi
Shaggy

i have dreamless sleep, and if i do dream they are lucid, so i dont really have one thts disturbing

Can't wait till next season. =D
Master_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

so you get off on other people's weird deams, hmmm?
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
Frieda
in limbo

i'll go first

i'm in a dungeon, running around in the dark damp corridors, lit only by the light of my gas lamp. i see my own shadow flickering across the walls. i don't have time to be scared of my own shadow.. all i can think is "get out, OUT NOW!"

behind me i hear the building above me collapse. it's a deep rumbling sound, it seems to come to me from the earth itself. suddenly i slip and fall, i see the floor above me disappear and i fall. and fall. i crash with my back on the ground, hard. it hurts. i try to get up but my legs don't respond. my lamp is still working and i can see dust falling down the hole i just fell in.

another rumbling sound, i feel the earth tremble. rocks fall on top of me, i feel my head being bashed in by stones. i can't move my chest, i can't breathe, i try to inhale but nothing happens. try! TRY!

nothing. empty.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #6
Frieda
in limbo

another one

i wake up suddenly, very alarmed. i think WTF and i look around. it's summer and light outside, it feels like 5.30 am. i check my alarm clock but it's not working. i hear weird blasts in the distance.

i get up and put my jogging pants on under my nightgown. i put my bootees on, no socks. just going out for a short peek of what is happening outside. i go into the hallway and into the living room. i see light between the curtains. i open them, fvcking curtain hook that's broken, and across the street, the building that's across the street, that building, where is it??

what i see are the remains of a building, cratered and smoldering, i see half of a house, half of a bathroom with a tub, but i don't see people. it looks like a war happened to my block. why are my windows still intact? i open the door to the balcony and burn my hand on the doorhandle. dammit, remember fire training! i go back and get the kitchen towel, i put it over my face. i open the balcony door.

im unable to understand what i see. the river is burning! it's black and yellow and orange with flames. the docks and boats are burning, and all the streets are empty. it's like they left without me. i'm alone, in a cratered building, shelled in my bed.. am i really the only one left??

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:46 AM   #7
Odbe
hope dope

I quote, "The brains of an entire village, dug up and bottled in salty water: this is a clear sign of witchcraft!"
Huh? Why does a village's brains need to be dug up?
So anyway, the village decides to show me these bottles of preserved brains (there are some other body parts too) to see what I make of it. The villagers are really upset by the salty water, it means someone has been practising witchcraft. So I act like I totally understand and I'm shocked too, because they seem to be the sort of villagers who would burn someone... Meanwhile I'm wondering why the hell they are so worried about the salt water, but finding a whole heap of entrails in bottles is completely normal.
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:05 AM   #8
Tunesmith
click click click

I find myself in a WWII setting: huddled in the trenches, bodies strewn across the ground, scattered shells echoing across the war-torn landscape. This reminds me of my thoughts of the battlefield from "All Quiet on the Western Front". For some reason, I've just been handed a sawed-off shotgun. I don't know how to work the thing, so I use it to clear a path through the rubble. I push one of the nearby bodies, and as I see its face, I realize that the features look extremely similar to those of one of my close friend.

Looking around, I see other familiar faces. They all seem slightly off, like the "valley effect" in animation: not imperfect, just unnatural. Suddenly, from no man's land, I see two twin beams of light. They grow steadily larger until I have to shield my eyes with my helmet. Maneuvering across the cratered ground, a hearse pulls up. One of those fancy new ones, with a gleam to it that makes it seem like it's just been waxed and buffed and all that crap. The tinted window rolls down partially, but I can't see inside. My fingers begin to shake, and I accidentally pull the trigger on the shotgun. The boom echoes, the only nearby gunfire in hours. From inside the hearse, I hear a voive say "No."

The window is rolled slowly up again, and the car screeches away. I'm left alone in the trench, when I see a red bicycle against the far wall. Its color stands out, vivid in the muck and grime. I toss it up, out of the trench, and jump up after it. Unsteadily, I begin to ride into No Man's Land.

And then I wake up. Strange, huh? Any interpretations?

Jedi, is there anything you do to have lucid dreams? I have them rarely, and I've heard there are certain techniques to force yourself to experience them...
Old 11-04-2006, 05:36 AM   #9
Brynn
constantly amazed

Half of it is realizing while you're dreaming that you are dreaming. According to the guy in Waking Life one good way to tell if you're dreaming is to walk over to one of the walls and try to turn the lights off and on. If you can't manipulate the light in the dream, then you know you're dreaming.

My re-occurring disturbing dream has to do with a house that I've found. Over the course of several dreams, I have found many different secret rooms in this house that I've opened up and found in a state of terrible filth and disrepair. Over the course of time, I gradually manage to renovate these rooms into useable, beautiful spaces. Each time I dream this, there is more and more progress. I'm particularly proud of a grand staircase that I've transformed with many beautiful murals, etc., or a great hall full of beautiful gold leaf.
The only room that I can't have any effect on at all is, architecturally, the best room in the house. It's a bedroom with a beautiful, huge bank of windows that looks out over a garden - filled with sunlight and lots of floor space and high ceilings. It's great. The moment I see it, I fall in love with it and want to move in immediately.
Unfortunately, the moment I walk in, the air becomes oppressive, cold, the hair goes up on the back of my neck, and I know that something absolutely horrible and evil and invisible is in the room. It's furnished rather shabbily with things from the nineteenth century. I can't breathe. I'm afraid to move about in the room, and any movement at all seems to provoke something terrible. I have to back out, and the dream is over.
Each time I dream this (dozens of times by now) I keep trying, and something inside the room becomes more and more violent. Once, I peered in and it looked as if I'd actually done some work on the room, but a rotten corpse resting on a heap of rags in the middle of it rose up, and a horrible, old, red-haired, haggard prostitute (perhaps an alternate future version of myself) rose up and looked me in the eye, smoking a cigarette. I say "You have to get out of here in the name of Jesus. You have to go! I plead the blood of Jesus - so get out of here - you have to go!" Usually in other dreams, this works.
She answers, rolling her eyes "Yeah, yeah, go ahead. The blood of Jesus, the blood of Jesus - I know all about the blood of Jesus," as she takes another drag off her cigarette.
This completely unnerves me, and shaking, I'm forced to leave the room. The room is some kind of impenetrable stronghold. The last time I dreamed this, I managed to make my way over to the bed and sit on it. Suddenly the room is filled with ghostly figures - all from the nineteenth century. They are all standing very still, like statues, and yet seem to get closer and closer to the bed. Something terrible is going to happen, and I wake up.
Good times.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #10
Odbe
hope dope

I had this dream about demonic calves... and they were SO CUTE!!
Sure, they were going to kill and zombify everyone so I had to kill them, but they were damn huggable otherwise!

http://i11.tinypic.com/2ldadr6.jpg
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #11
demonic666
Demonic666

Red face Freaky dream alert!

I had a dream that there was some sort of alien invasion, and there was fire in an an old barnyard and all the horses had gotten loose and a bunch of us were trapped in the last part of the barn, and all I remember before waking up is a horse that was infected by some alien parasite peeking it's head through a window with all these tentacles writhing and flicking around, there was blood everywhere and people screaming for mr ed to calm down or something, it freaked me out for days afterwards.

I know some people say that dreams are supposed to mean something, but I don't know what to conclude from this bizarre freak of a dream.

http://www.cafepress.com/demonic666
http://www.cafepress.com/demonic666part2
http://www.cafepress.com/demonic666part3
http://www.squidoo.com/cafepress/fantasyart
demonic666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #12
Avalon

demonic666I had a dream that there was some sort of alien invasion, and there was fire in an an old barnyard and all the horses had gotten loose and a bunch of us were trapped in the last part of the barn, and all I remember before waking up is a horse that was infected by some alien parasite peeking it's head through a window with all these tentacles writhing and flicking around, there was blood everywhere and people screaming for mr ed to calm down or something, it freaked me out for days afterwards.

I know some people say that dreams are supposed to mean something, but I don't know what to conclude from this bizarre freak of a dream.
Wayne Tully a fantasy and comic book artist of mainly evil and dark gothic designs.

'k, I am going to go out on limb here. Look at your signature and then explain to me why you don't know what to conclude. The tentacled thing...your site is on Squidoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://img.squidoo.com/logo_h_sm.gif

All of that and John Carpenter's The Thing
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
demonic666
Demonic666

Talking ...

of course, the squid and the thing, why did'nt I think of this, dreams could be what you have watched and been doing in your real life and then you dream about it, thanks for clearing this up I can continue to draw my sweaty demons and monsters and feel fine now.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #14
dddrum
Amateur Human

WOW! How much do you charge for a half-hour session, Av?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #15
demonic666
Demonic666

Not a right lot!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: