ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
zenbabe
Lollypop!

PETA

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Now don't get me wrong folks, I love animals, just about anything furry has my heart, but I think these cats take it just a bit to far.

My husband works for the Petco corporate offices and I guess they are staging a candle light vigil there tonight..... Does anybody else think this group should just go eat a can of worms?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PETA Protests Military Survival Training

By Brian Carnell

Monday, August 16, 1999

One of the major missions of the U.S. military is to ensure its soldiers have the skills needed to not only fight effectively but also to train them to survive the myriad of conditions they might face in armed combat. As part of that mission, the military provides training to soldiers on how to survive if they are trapped behind enemy lines.

Since eating is a big part of surviving and a stranded soldier cannot just walk into an Iraqi restaurant and order takeout, the military teaches soldiers how to kill and cook animals.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is having a fit because the Air Force buys hundreds of rabbits and uses them to show soldiers how to bludgeon the animal with a club and then properly prepare them. Soldiers are also taught how to prepare snakes, turtles and chickens.

According to PETA, "It is pointless for a soldier to practice killing small domestic mammals and birds, considering that in a true survival experience, few would have trouble killing such an animal if survival depended on it." Well at least PETA's not suggesting that soldiers should carry Linda McCartney t-shirts saying "Go Veggie" on them if in a survival situation, but simply assuming that all soldiers would know how to kill animals for food is the sort of assumption that gets people killed when they are finally faced with emergency situations.

In other news, PETA announced in a press release that MediaCom Inc. had cancelled the billboard space that PETA purchased in Regina and Calgary, Canada to run its ad linking meat eating to impotence. The ad features a woman in a bikini next to the message, "I threw a party but the cattlemen couldn't come." According to PETA, MediaCom informed the animal rights group that it received so many calls from "angry residents and women's groups" that it was yanking the ads. PETA said its lawyers are studying whether or not PETA might have a legal remedy against MediaCom for breach of contract.

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:32 PM   #2
Deus751
monkey

hmmm...

well lets see. i love cats but thats about it. i am against animal cruelty. but i am pro-meat of anykind besides human. now i do not know if the airforce eats the animals they slaughter to further show how to survive. but if they do, more power to them. Peta i think went too far on that note.

Looking like a fallen God buried deep in the sand,
The music in strings sadness and love.

Looking at the sky of darkness, as a face of black looks with disregard,
stareing, seething, whispering, laughing at those lost Gods.

Walking over the ruins of metal and scrap, reading contempt and hatred on their lips,
a noise fills my brain unrelentlessly with a tap and a ting.

Walking through the gardens with a soft touch seeing the colors of love and forgiveness,
a lost violin floating among understanding and expression.

The sky, a swirl of black on black draining the life of planets,
as the light passes over my blind eyes the world stretches before me to the ends of time.
Deus751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:40 PM   #3
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I am sure they make stew out of the rabbit meat or something....gotta feed the troops!!

-Dr. Seuss
Old 01-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #4
Frieda
in limbo

if you have the courage to take care of an animal for months or years and then club it and eat it, go ahead.

i am very aware of the fact that meat does not come from the supermarket, but from living creatures, but i also need it to survive, my body was built for it and i feel sick if i only eat vegetables, i've tried that.

i do not agree with rabbit clubbing for practicing survival. what if police officers would aim at real people to practice gun shooting??

nope, don't agree.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 05:19 AM   #5
SpecialK
Lint Free

PETA always goes too far. Not too long ago, they were passing out flyers and pamphlets to middle school students after school saying things about not eating chickens, they're our friends, and showing pictures of puppies saying, "you wouldnt want to eat him would you" and stuff like that. Parents were appalled that they would come onto school property like that, and have no consideration for the parents who are capable of raising their own kids. PETA evidently, asked no permission to be on the grounds.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:25 PM   #6
xfox
slightly effective

Zenbabe's right. That's why they call it the "food chain". Frieda's comments also reflect my sentiments. I had horses in my day, but I'd never eat horsemeat, and I'm not fond of venison.

It's all cultural. In Aisa they make good use of a source of protein, I'd NEVER consider: bugs. Auwgghhhh!

Animals have no conception of death. If we are humane in sacrificing them for our benefit and treat them well while they're alive, I can't see any problem with the current program.

I just bought some chicken at a local co-op and I'll let y'all know if the "free range" tastes any different.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #7
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Angry

My dog may look like a frankfurter, but no one is eating him.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 08:33 PM   #8
bwallach
monkey

hummm

For someone whos into peta . I'm ssurrprised your husband is worken for petco. They've been in alot of trouble in calf with dead animals and sick animals.

the website is something like petnodot something . Can't remember off hand.

http://www.petcosucks.com/

Last edited by bwallach : 02-20-2004 at 08:43 PM.
bwallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 10:31 PM   #9
zenbabe
Lollypop!

there issues with animals at petco are insane, any time you have live animals around some are going to die......they might as well go after the animal shelters too while they are at it. Petco is an entire company devoted to the good health of animals, peta activists are straight up whacko!

They are considered extremists by the government....if any of those bastards threw red paint on me for wearing a leather coat, I would beat them to a bloody pulp....

-Dr. Seuss
Old 02-20-2004, 11:50 PM   #10
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Wink

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals here in the Midwest

They put up some billboards here saying milking cows was abuse. NOT milking the cows can kill them, dumbasses.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 12:08 AM   #11
bwallach
monkey

Quote:
there issues with animals at petco are insane, any time you have live animals around some are going to die......they might as well go after the animal shelters too while they are at it. Petco is an entire company devoted to the good health of animals, peta activists are straight up whacko!

They are considered extremists by the government....if any of those bastards threw red paint on me for wearing a leather coat, I would beat them to a bloody pulp....
Sorry to get your hate going but animals in general have been used and abused for many years. tho I don't piticly condone petas action I am one for animal rights. The crap people put animals through are unfounded. In ever war there are radicals . some feel this is the only way to get the point across. I've never herd of any dead animals coming out of shelter unless theyw ere brought in that way. watch the shows on animal planet and tell me thats all fake.

do you really think animals farms are normal? puppy mills are normal . How animals are treated isn't right. tho I would never see myself throwing red pant on you or anybody but there are people that feel its nesscery to get the point across.

Quote:
They are considered extremiests by the government
you trust what the goveremnt always tells you? Its a post 9-11 world anything you say can be called extremiest.

Last edited by bwallach : 02-21-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:28 AM   #12
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Quote:
Originally posted by bwallach
In ever war there are radicals . some feel this is the only way to get the point across.
Yes and this kind of thinking was what propelled Mohammed Atta and his cohorts to fly planes into two tall towers in New York one sunny September morning.

And this kind of thinking needs to be stopped, no matter what the cause. There are ALWAYS other ways and means to get the point across. Terrorism is not the answer.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 02:52 AM   #13
bwallach
monkey

a thought

guess it all depends on what you mean by terror. Also what you believe to be the truth. I believe there many un answered questions to 9-11. that may never be told.

I'm not coondoning petas actions . its not what i would do . I'm for a more peacefull route. I think animals do have rights tho and they've been abused for many years.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:15 AM   #14
masterofNone
________

animals don't have rights. rights is a much misused word. while we should avoid cruelty to animals because it is the right thing to do, animals cannot have rights. what rights do animals have in the wild? rights are a human social pact and they're nowhere so beautifully voiced than in our Bill of Rights. the framers put a lot of thought into that document. not too many, but all of the essentials. they didn't put animals in there anywhere because humans don't have a social pact with animals. except for not eating pork and holy cows, i'd be hard pressed to cite an example of any of the world's religions declaring mistreatment of animals as a sin. so, while i'm all for reasonable kindness to animals... let's not get kooky.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 04:31 AM   #15
bwallach
monkey

Quote:
animals don't have rights. rights is a much misused word. while we should avoid cruelty to animals because it is the right thing to do, animals cannot have rights. what rights do animals have in the wild? rights are a human social pact and they're nowhere so beautifully voiced than in our Bill of Rights. the framers put a lot of thought into that document. not too many, but all of the essentials. they didn't put animals in there anywhere because humans don't have a social pact with animals. except for not eating pork and holy cows, i'd be hard pressed to cite an example of any of the world's religions declaring mistreatment of animals as a sin. so, while i'm all for reasonable kindness to animals... let's not get kooky.
Animalls do havea right to live. Like any other thing.

Quote:
they didn't put animals in there anywhere because humans don't have a social pact
In indoneiisia. theres a pact with cows. they are concidered relgious as all animals over there are. you can't kill a cow over there without a repercusion. there are doggs every where.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: