ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 08-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #1786
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

coquelicot n.

An antique bathroom fixture, no longer found except in a few French chateaux in the Loire Valley. Its' more familiar cousin, the bidet is still in use for washing the minge and arse, whereas the coquelicot was a high set trough intended for only washing a french aristocrat's bell end.
It fell into disuse when frenchmen completely gave up washing their todgers during the late 18th Century in protest to Lavatory Tax.

Ref. Histoire de Pissoire et Lavage de Coq - Bernard du Garcon-Vieux
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #1787
Ze Frank
Comedian

coquelicot
A fine-mesh strainer made with a tortoise shell lining and mother of pearl handles used for rinsing Lumpfish, Whitefish, and Salmon caviars.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #1788
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
coquelicot - A polite dunning letter on impressive stationary to remind the debtor of the crushing consequences of ignoring the matter without expressly making any threat at all.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #1789
Brynn
constantly amazed

coquelicot - a completely unnecessary spoken phrase or nicety offered entirely for the pleasure of the speaker's own ears. The verbal equivalent of the doily.
As in:
"I don't know why, but I just love curliques!" was the last maddening coquelicot to escape from Donovan's voicebox before his emboldened torture victim grabbed, then jabbed, a pen in it.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #1790
Coffee
Cheeses Save

coquelicot: scientific name; coquelicoitus interuptus

The deep sea coquelicot, also known as the "blackwidow fish" is a ferocious predator in spite of its small size. This fish grows to about ten inches in length. It has a large head and mouth equipped with many sharp, fang-like teeth. The coquelicot has a long barbel attached to its chin. This barbel is tipped with a pherenome-producing organ known as a coquetephore. The coquelicot uses this organ like a fishing lure, flashing it, and waving it back and forth, dispersing a mix of fishy pherenomes to attract prey. Once an unsuspecting horny fish gets too close, it is snapped up in the coquelicot's powerful jaws. The coquelicot also has coquetephori along the sides of its body. These organs may be used to signal readiness to other coquelicots during mating. They may also serve to attract and disorient prey fishes from deep below. Coquelicot live in deep ocean waters at depths of up to 5000 feet (1,500 meters). They are found in most tropical regions around the world.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #1791
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
coquelicot -- The rare black panther is known as a coquelicot to the Cajun natives of the swamps of eastern Texas, Louisiana, and southwest Alabama. This "cock-cat", or top predator of the area, has a scream that sounds like a human person in distress, and the surviving inhabitants of the swamps have learned to ignore what seem to be the desperate pleas for help.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #1792
xfox
slightly effective

coquelicot intense persistence required to fall asleep night after night on a cot.

Eleanor's coquelicot was wearing thin toward the end of her camping vacation.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:50 AM   #1793
Anna
n

coquelicot - a hue of red like no other, nearly impossible to imitate. If one is able to achieve the exact colour combination, with synthetic or natural substances, once applied to the ground the hue will fade instantaneously. People have been known to work tirelessly for years mixing the right combination of hues just to watch it fade.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:59 AM   #1794
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

coquelicot - a small blanket used on a small bed.
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:22 AM   #1795
12"razormix
° ★ °

real definition of coquelicot:
the color of the wild poppy;
a color nearly red, like orange mixed with scarlet.

unfortunately, I have to disqualify anna for almost giving the exact definition…
Quote:
coquelicot - a hue of red like no other, nearly impossible to imitate. If one is able to achieve the exact colour combination, with synthetic or natural substances, once applied to the ground the hue will fade instantaneously. People have been known to work tirelessly for years mixing the right combination of hues just to watch it fade.
trish went straight over the judges heads with
Quote:
coquelicot: A delicate fabric, very teasing to the fingers. Difficult to sew owing to its tendency to squirm and bunch in the feed dogs, frowning petulantly.
and receives a huge bouquet of white tulips, hoping she won’t feed it to the dogs, frowning petulantly.

jack flanders’ and xfox’s entries were just a wee bit too literal, although the judges are very fond of short, to the point definitions and therefore receive a very tiny memorial cup each

xfox
Quote:
coquelicot intense persistence required to fall asleep night after night on a cot.

Eleanor's coquelicot was wearing thin toward the end of her camping vacation.
jack flanders
Quote:
coquelicot - a small blanket used on a small bed.
le m. penut is awarded the honorary plastic flamingo croquet mallet – off with their heads!
Quote:
coquelicot - Contact croquet. Developed in the early 90's when people realised that croquet is a sport for people who can afford BMW's for their dogs and the "average man" decided that they would change the rules making the game entirely contact.
brynn almost had me with “doily” and is awarded the prestigious 2nd runner up chocolate-covered bookstand award
Quote:
coquelicot - a completely unnecessary spoken phrase or nicety offered entirely for the pleasure of the speaker's own ears. The verbal equivalent of the doily.
As in:
"I don't know why, but I just love curliques!" was the last maddening coquelicot to escape from Donovan's voicebox before his emboldened torture victim grabbed, then jabbed, a pen in it.
marcus bales’ and coffee’s entries were way too long for the judges’ already brittle attention span(s) and are dismissed with a stern, yet benevolent, warning

marcus bales
Quote:
coquelicot - A polite dunning letter on impressive stationary to remind the debtor of the crushing consequences of ignoring the matter without expressly making any threat at all.
Quote:
coquelicot -- The rare black panther is known as a coquelicot to the Cajun natives of the swamps of eastern Texas, Louisiana, and southwest Alabama. This "cock-cat", or top predator of the area, has a scream that sounds like a human person in distress, and the surviving inhabitants of the swamps have learned to ignore what seem to be the desperate pleas for help.
coffee
Quote:
coquelicot: scientific name; coquelicoitus interuptus

The deep sea coquelicot, also known as the "blackwidow fish" is a ferocious predator in spite of its small size. This fish grows to about ten inches in length. It has a large head and mouth equipped with many sharp, fang-like teeth. The coquelicot has a long barbel attached to its chin. This barbel is tipped with a pherenome-producing organ known as a coquetephore. The coquelicot uses this organ like a fishing lure, flashing it, and waving it back and forth, dispersing a mix of fishy pherenomes to attract prey. Once an unsuspecting horny fish gets too close, it is snapped up in the coquelicot's powerful jaws. The coquelicot also has coquetephori along the sides of its body. These organs may be used to signal readiness to other coquelicots during mating. They may also serve to attract and disorient prey fishes from deep below. Coquelicot live in deep ocean waters at depths of up to 5000 feet (1,500 meters). They are found in most tropical regions around the world.
ze frank is clearly the judges’ favourite in this round – pushing several buttons at once – but has to take one step back for the winner. nonetheless, he takes home the 1st runner up memorial buckhorn plaque in its hand made crochet carrying case!
Quote:
coquelicot
A fine-mesh strainer made with a tortoise shell lining and mother of pearl handles used for rinsing Lumpfish, Whitefish, and Salmon caviars.
I’m very sorry but dinz must win - he's the only one who instinctively captured what le coquelicot is all about!

Quote:
coquelicot n.

An antique bathroom fixture, no longer found except in a few French chateaux in the Loire Valley. Its' more familiar cousin, the bidet is still in use for washing the minge and arse, whereas the coquelicot was a high set trough intended for only washing a french aristocrat's bell end.
It fell into disuse when frenchmen completely gave up washing their todgers during the late 18th Century in protest to Lavatory Tax.

Ref. Histoire de Pissoire et Lavage de Coq - Bernard du Garcon-Vieux
carry on…
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #1796
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

You have to pay attention on those guided tours, you never know what you might learn..

Gimme a minute, and I'll go and polish off a brand new word.....
Old 08-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #1797
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

(It was a combination of coquettish and tricot!)

feed dogs

Finish washing your todger and give us a new word, Professor!
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #1798
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

obmutescent

That took some effort, I can tell you......
Old 08-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #1799
Ze Frank
Comedian

obmutescent
During the French Revolution many of the French armies experienced a shortage of food. As a result of this shortage, the soldiers relied on eggs, cheese, and cauliflower as their main source of nutrition. Unfortuneately, this combination of food caused a silent passing of extremely stinky flatulence. The French called this an obmutescent. You may be more familiar with the English version, SBD; silent but deadly.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:12 AM   #1800
Anna
n

[quote=12"razormix]
real definition of coquelicot:
the color of the wild poppy;
a color nearly red, like orange mixed with scarlet.

unfortunately, I have to disqualify anna for almost giving the exact definition…

Disqualified? Drat! And here I thought all those years of selling opium finally came in handy.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: