ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 09-14-2004, 07:11 PM   #1
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

PMS Thread: Enter at your own risk

In college I decided to take Women's Studies for an easy elective. How hard could that one be right?! I had NO idea how kooky and off the rocker these feminist Nazis could be, come-to-find-out. To a degree, I went along with her ideas and concepts - if you don't want to call them boobs because it is degrading, whatever. But, one day, she told us "PMS does not exist and it is just a way for man to keep us down by labeling us hysterical."

Um, okay.

At that point in my life I hadn't really started to feel the effects of my menstrual cycle - since all of you wanted to know so bad: rollseyes:. I didn't see a change from one week to the next so I thought, "hey lady, you are a nut job, but whatever."

I am the most rational, levelheaded person I know. I am unemotional and only 3 things in my life can upset me enough to cry.....90% of the time. The other 10% is PMS. I clearly know my mind that my reactions to things are unreasonable, yet I find myself being a nut job BECAUSE OF PMS!

Examples:

1. Watching commercials for insurance and seeing how happy the kid looks with his dad and crying for God knows what reason.

2. Trying to hang a frame only to realize I don't have a hammer and feeling helpless and crying, when I know I can just go buy one, but I'd rather cry about it and feel sorry for myself. OVER A ****ING HAMMER.

3. Having a craving for food I would NEVER eat on a regular basis. Like chocolate. I hate chocolate.

What do you do that is 100% clearly PMS related, or is a way the man is keeping us down?
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
Hermione
monkey

omg I am currently taking women studies.. the chicks in that class ARE SO WEIRD.. I feel like a traitor every time I walk into that class for some reason.

1. I get super emotional and start crying when things go wrong.
example: sobbing when my toast gets burnt.

2. I feel the need to chocolate ice cream.. I don't really like chocolate ice cream.

3. I always wear my hair back.. this one is strange..
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:19 PM   #3
Avalon

Only real women get PMS.
We are real, it is real. Crazy women like them is what keeps me down
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:34 PM   #4
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

I

Last edited by nycwriters : 02-04-2005 at 12:06 AM.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:37 PM   #5
Frieda
in limbo

i don't have pms anymore since i'm on this specific birth control pill.. now i get hormonal rumble afterwards!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #6
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

My cousin is on the Deprovera shot thingy and she never gets her period and is hysterics free. She loves it. Sounds scary though. Once you get it, if it doesn't react well with your body, you are stuck with it for 3 months. Not worth it for me. So far every pill I have tried has made my depression uncontrolable. Go me.
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #7
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Vitamin B12 a week before your period and three days into it. It helps.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:50 PM   #8
Avalon

I was especially impressed with the male dr. who informed me that there was no possible way my cramping was as bad I as "put on" New Dr. who actually bothered to do any tests, found endodemetriosis so bad that laser surgery didn't help. Put me on a regimen of meds and has kept me tested for everything since. YAY Dr. Padda!!

The best is when she wrote the other dr. a scathing letter dressing him down for failure to diagnose / treat my condition correctly. As long as she is in practice, I am there.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:13 PM   #9
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

Hmmm, we're all on the same page.

About six days a month I veer wildly between crying at Kodak commercials and wishing murder were legal. I hate it. It's embarrassing. The rest of the month, I am rational, logical and in control of my emotions. But that one "golden" week or so, I am an absolute nut job.

I mean, I'm nuts ALL the time, but I'm a cheerful nut, for the most part. Not when it's Hormone Time. All of a sudden, loved ones are conspiring against me, I'm remembering all the things I missed from my kids' childhood, and it is miserably, dramatically tragic that I will never learn to play guitar and become a hot young rock star, or study art and live in a garret and become posthumously famous, or become a doctor and discover a cure for ALS, or become a firefighter, or a race car driver, or grow three inches taller and develop a rack and become a supermodel. It's Too Late Now, and I should probably be picking out what I'd like to be buried in because You Never Know, and probably nobody else will even care, so I'd best have these things in order, and I wonder if they'll finally appreciate me when I'm gone. Depending on when any of these tragic conclusions occurs to me, I may burst into loud weeping or threaten you with a cast iron frying pan, not always a cool one.

Add this to the fact that during those Magic Days there's nothing quite like peanut butter on a potato chip and that, my goodness, maybe I DO like some of Celine Dion's songs, and you can see why my home is a No Clothesline/No Sharps Zone one week of every five.

The Celine Dion thing alone would be enough to send me screaming to a shrink if I hadn't checked the calendar.

-- trisherina
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:14 PM   #10
Klynne
monkey

I bloat and get irritated, I don't cry I get pvssed off.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:22 PM   #11
rmr

an old boyfriend used to call me his "little mariah" during one week of the month........go figure

keep in mind this was around the same time mariah carey went all MENTAL
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:54 PM   #12
Coffee
Cheeses Save

I worked with an english women that got it reallly bad. About 1 week a month she suddenly figured all the mexicans in the shop suddenly and deliberately couldn't understand her brit/cockney language, despite the fact that they barely spoke american english...and that no one did anything around the shop except her and so she yelled at everyone in frustration.

I used to keep track of her cycles on my desk calendar using cryptic symbols only I understood (just in case she ever looked at my calender I didn't want her know I was tracking her periods) as a self protection strategy...fore-warned is fore-armed....sorta.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:17 PM   #13
zero

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee
...I used to keep track of her cycles on my desk calendar using cryptic symbols only I understood (just in case she ever looked at my calender I didn't want her know I was tracking her periods
this sounds like a matter for the police but please please please tell us what the symbols were anyway
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:27 PM   #14
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Noise intolerant.

Don't speak, don't touch me.

If in doubt, check the HEY YOU thread.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #15
imdrsmooth

I feel the urge to leave when PMS time hits women I am dating. "Oh you got a touch of the crazies at the moment so I'll be back later." I rarely am able to leave.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: