ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-01-2003, 03:50 PM   #1
cherubina
monkey

How I chipped my tooth... Other stories?

About 6 years ago I was out dancing with a friend we got enthusiastic about life and after cracking a new bottles of beer we "cheered" each other. Only she hit one of my front teeth with the tip of the bottle and chipped it. It landed in my hand and I put it in my pocket and kept on dancing. It wasn't serious and the dentist filed it down to match the other.

My brothers girlfriend just told me how she had hers chipped. Apparently when she was 6 her and a friend were "digging for the Devil" (there were weird looking weeds in the ground that they had decided were the Devils hair and figured if they kept digging they'd find him) and her friend accidentally hit her with the shovel and chipped her tooth. She had to have a fake piece put in.

Anybody else have other stories?

Not sure who said that...
cherubina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 05:13 PM   #2
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I was learning how to ski, someone got off a T-bar with extreme carelessness, and the T-bar swung out violently and smacked me in the face, chipping a lower incisor. It was an easy cosmetic fix but the blow knocked me flat and left me with a VERY fat lip.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:05 PM   #3
surflugen
getting Donuts

I was also around six when I chip my front upper left tooth. I was racing my friend in his back yard from the back end of the yard to the house. We were neck and neck right up to the house when I started to pull away. Instead of loosing graciously, as I pulled away he reached out and pushed me and I stumbled into the wall. At first I didn't know I had a chipped tooth as my teeth was not a concern since I had a bloodied nose. I went home to take care of the nose bleed, cleaned up my face, smiled in the mirror and found my destiny. The impact had chipped it from the middle lower end inward and up leaving me with a large angled gap between my teeth. Because we didn't have insurance back in 75, it was never taken care of and many dentist afterward never said anything about fixing it until just 4 years ago around my 31st birthday.
surflugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 11:12 PM   #4
Yes
Barbie Mädchen

When I was about eight, I went over to my friend's house, where we played on her swingset. The thing was set up over concrete, which is a bad, bad idea. I tried to do that trick where you hang upside down on the swing, and cracked my head really hard against the ground. I ran across the street to where my mom was chatting with a neighbor, told my mom what happened, puked on the neighbors shoes, and blacked out. I have no idea what happened after I blacked out, but I remember hearing something about my having a concussion. Anyway, I have a small dent on the back of my head and trouble concentrating for long periods of time as a result.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:10 AM   #5
agentsmith
rap geisha

sounds fun.

my sister pulled my shoulder out of joint when i was 5. i was on the couch and she wanted to sit there instead, so she grabbed my arm and yanked with all her might. i started to scream and my mom took me to childrens hospital.

fin.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:26 AM   #6
imdrsmooth

I chipped my upper front left tooth when I was about 6 or so. I was on my knees at the top of a small slide at Pietro's Pizza about ready to slide down. Instead of sliding down on my knees, I fell face first into the slide chipping off a small part of my tooth. The dentist put a filling in but that fell off about 3 years ago and I never had it replaced. It's not that noticable of a chip.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:50 AM   #7
malina
leaving

i have stopped counting scars a couple of years ago. i have ( in random order ):

been hit in the head with a stone at my best friend's birthday party ( tis true - ARRR! )
skidded through a closed glass door wearing socks and slicing open my arms ( cousin's communion )
fallen on the corner of my desk ( hole in forehead )
raced my sleigh through a barbed wire fence, lying on my stomach ( multiple scratches on my face and gums )
had 2 of my fingernails taken off with a brick ( my cousin again )
fallen under a train leaving the station ( no injuries! )
broken my toe numerous times ( i stopped counting at 7.. )
had a car accident leaving me with gravel under the skin of my back, having my head stapled closed, and the inability to move my neck for about two weeks, the day before i had to fly back home to see my parents ( i went )
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 05:00 PM   #8
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

If you don't hear from me for a while, it's only because I'm building an armor suit for malina.
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 10:01 PM   #9
Yes
Barbie Mädchen

Just hope Malina doesn't injure herself with it.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:42 AM   #10
Frieda
in limbo

lol angie!

i used to play field hockey, so i've had numerous hockey-related injuries:

- ruptured eyebrow (4 times in the same place)
- broken nose
- dislocated shoulder
- several burn marks on my knees from falling on the sandy turf
- bruised ribs (twice)
- bruised ankles (once really bad, someone hit a ball very hard about 20 centimeters from my ankle, it was a direct hit. that was the time when i had to walk with crutches for a month)

then there's also scars of random clumsiness, usually just bruises. i did break my left wrist once, i fell from a tree.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 05:56 AM   #11
wizard
monkey

The most ridiculous injuries I got were:

1. Breaking my small finger 5 times when bowling

2. Breaking my hand when trying to jump over the vacuum cleaner to reach the ringing phone

Live can be so dangerous
wizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: