ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > GOOD READING
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 02:59 AM   #1
RonPrice
Mr RonPrice

A Little Reading About Hamlet: Are You Kidding?

WHELLING UP

Hamlet's immediate need is to calm himself, to escape into solitude, there to recover self-mastery and come to a clear understanding of the altered state of things. Hamlet, like us, is many things, things which melt with kaleidoscopic swiftness from one form to another: historic personage, fragment of an autobiography, person in a family matrix, mystery, eternally fascinating, eternally inscrutable, scholar, poet, philosopher,
thankless reformer, finely observant. Action is, in the end, the meaning in a man. We tinge all of nature and reality with the sound of its voice and the colour of its playful dance.
-Ron Price with thanks to Claude Williamson, compiler, Readings on the Character of Hamlet, Allen and Unwin, London, 1950; and Rumi in Discourses of Rumi, A.J. Arberry, John Murray Pub., 1961, p.86.

We can achieve, some of us, self-realization,
in part, in isolation, in creative sustenance,
the changing nature and increasing maturity
of our work—more than in relationships—an
autonomous development of a point of view,
a perspective, largely impervious to the ideas
of others, free from the imposed will of another,
some inner compulsion to create, order, define,
put words to, some passionate intensity, an
exaggeration of qualities found in everyone.
And here, there, action whells up like a Niagara,
spraying everything near with a cool mist, a sign
that not far off a surging, plunging river is creating
a beauty that is one of the wonders of the world.

Ron Price
21 November 1997
Ron Price is a retired teacher, aged 65. He taught for 35 years in primary, secondary and post-secondary schools. He lives with his wife, Chris, in Tasmania. Their 3 children are now aged: 42, 38 and 32. Ron moved to Australia from Canada in 1971. He has written three books since 1999. They are all available on the internet for free. Ron has been a member of the Baha’i Faith since 1959 and now lives in Australia’s oldest town, George Town Tasmania founded in 1804.
RonPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
Avalon

I used to have a guinea pig named Hamlet. He couldn't read and he didn't like to be read to either. And he didn't like ham.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
karma_queen
Minx

i have a goldfish called tschaikovsky
karma_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:35 PM   #4
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Location: Oh, YOU PEOPLE go ahead and call it "Frisco." See if I care.
I ate a cheese danish this morning.

"I don't think God wants us to believe in him. If he wanted us to believe in him he'd do something about it -- like exist perhaps!" --Linda Smith
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
ambo
feline, naturally

Isn't that funny? I had cereal.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
russell

I ate a chinese food, of which I don't remember the name, and it sure tasted ugly.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
Brynn
constantly amazed

this is v. good reading.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #8
jasmina

There's no stopping our Ron

[Ron Price] takes look at saggy pants ban
Dallas school trustee Ron Price recommended the ban at Wednesday's council meeting, following through on a plan he announced Tuesday. Mr. Price wants the city to create an ordinance to allow police to cite people who wear their pants too low.
"Too low," he said, allows too much underwear to show.
Most of the nine council members who addressed Mr. Price at the meeting said the idea merits discussion. Some said an ordinance was needed, while others felt a public campaign involving the city, schools, parents and the community would be the way to go. Some of the 14 council members said nothing.

Mr. Price, dressed in a suit, his usual attire at public meetings, said the effort is aimed not only at children, but also grown men who walk around with their underwear exposed.
"We have a problem in our city," Mr. Price said. He ran a slogan by the council that he's given to the initiative: "Pull it up, or pay up."

Last edited by jasmina : 08-25-2006 at 12:15 PM.
jasmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
RonPrice
Mr RonPrice

"Ham" For Lunch

I don't "let" it trouble me if I don't have "ham" for lunch, but I do take interest in the 15 different "Ron Price's" on the internet. there's wife beaters, evangelists, car dealers, a whole pile of different Ron Prices at different websites, a Dean of Information Systems, a chap at Healing Harps, good god I could go on and on--so--be warned Ron Price's are a dog's breakfast of chaps with lean meat, fine cuts and lots of rubbish. See you all in the new year, 2007!-Ron Price, a fine cut for everyman....yessireebob.
Ron Price is a retired teacher, aged 65. He taught for 35 years in primary, secondary and post-secondary schools. He lives with his wife, Chris, in Tasmania. Their 3 children are now aged: 42, 38 and 32. Ron moved to Australia from Canada in 1971. He has written three books since 1999. They are all available on the internet for free. Ron has been a member of the Baha’i Faith since 1959 and now lives in Australia’s oldest town, George Town Tasmania founded in 1804.
RonPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:11 AM   #10
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
But you're still the only Ron Price that comes here to post about being a Ron Price.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #11
Avalon

Cool Ron Price: Still full of himself after all these years

Still a hit and run poster, eh Ron?

Imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery ( or so they say..but who are "they"? )
SO,

Be nice to the lesser Ron Prices of the Internet or you won't get to join the club and get the really cool decoder ring.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #12
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

So on Saturday, I'm thinking to myself "I miss Ron, shall I bump one of his threads just for the hell of it" and lo and behold he posts. Candyman, candyman......................
Old 12-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #13
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
i dunno. the guy spends the whole time wondering whether he should rub out his uncle, gets moody, pisses everyone off and then messes up completely so that everyone dies.
i like the bloke who cleverly stays out of the way, only to turn up just at the right moment to take over after the carnage. what was his name? cool dude, they should have writtten a play about him instead.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:22 AM   #14
Tunesmith
click click click

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig johnston
i dunno. the guy spends the whole time wondering whether he should rub out his uncle, gets moody, pisses everyone off and then messes up completely so that everyone dies.
i like the bloke who cleverly stays out of the way, only to turn up just at the right moment to take over after the carnage. what was his name? cool dude, they should have writtten a play about him instead.

You're thinking of Horatio. I know there's a novel about Claudius and Gertrude and, of course, Tom Stoppard's famous play about Ros and Guil, but i've never heard of anything about him. That'd be awesome.

One question: if Ron is so much of a celebrity on these boards, then why doesn't he post more often?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #15
Avalon

Quote:
One question: if Ron is so much of a celebrity on these boards, then why doesn't he post more often?

Maybe...
He feels he has outgrown us..and now astounded to find there are other RonPrice's that use the Internet!

He is the Greta Garbo type..He vants to be alone, dahling...

He is sharing the wealth that is RonPrice on other boards, writing other books, and jamming with Seals and Croft....

Groucho Marx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: