ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2003, 07:03 AM   #1
amanda
old s'cool

Daily News

Here's what we started.... let's get her to crack that 1000th post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MoN: Margueritte or some such frogginess actually. And she speaks with a decidedly french canadien accent with just a hint of phlegm... It's so cute to hear her talk... a sort of cannuck Kate Hepburn. "See?"

a: with the ciggy hanging out of the side of her mouth.

MoN: I overheard her speaking to her Boss.. it went a little something like this...

"Why, what's the meaning of this Boss? I deserved a by-line on that story and you go and give it to Henderson, see. Henderson is a chump, a rube I tell ya. He's a has been , see? A never was, I tell ya. I'll take this to the top... to JP himself, see? Why I oughttta...."

a:while her ciggy creates a shroud of smoke, appletini in hand

MoN:"If you were half a man you'd hand that Henderson his walkin' papers, that's what I think. But you're nothing but a pusilanimous pip-squeak. Why, a real man wouldn't be afraid to give a woman a chance in a man's racket like this, See?"

a: she cradles the martini glass as though she's going to toss the contents at the invisible target painted on his head.

A smile plays upon her lips- the kind of smile that invites fear into sane men, and dangerous thoughts in others.

Last edited by amanda : 02-04-2003 at 07:05 AM.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:34 AM   #2
masterofNone
________

Hanging out of the side of her mouth, her ciggy created a shroud of smoke.

"Why, what's the meaning of this Boss? I deserved a by-line on that story and you go and give it to Henderson, see. Henderson is a chump, a rube I tell ya. He's a has been , see? A never was, I tell ya. I'll take this to the top... to JP himself, see? Why I oughttta...." She paused to take a long draft of her ice cold appletini,"If you were half a man you'd hand that Henderson his walkin' papers, that's what I think. But you're nothing but a pusilanimous pip-squeak. Why, a real man wouldn't be afraid to give a woman a chance in a man's racket like this, See?"

She cradled the martini glass as though she was going to toss the contents at the invisible target painted on his head. A smile played upon her lips- the kind of smile that invites fear into sane men, and dangerous thoughts in others.

"Don't you do it Peg. Now, you settle down. I gave that story to Hendeson for a very good reason. A reason you'd agree with if you'd just settle down and listen fo half a minute instead of running your mouth!"

"Running my mouth, eh?"

"Yes, running your mouth. Now put down that appletini and let me explain"

"Well, okay, but you better make it fast, see? This had better be good or so help me..."
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: