ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > CURRENT EVENTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #91
Avalon

I have no idea what he is spewing in the thread..but I bet his posts are filled with edits.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Old 06-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #92
House,M.D.
Everybody Lies

Want me to take a look at that foot for you?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #93
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I insulted you ?
No, you have not directly insulted me. That is NOT the point. THE POINT IS: I, like many here, believe you don't FIT here. Your "Style" is offensive (to us) and is not a good fit (for this board).

Please find another board that would be a better match for your idiom. Thank you.

Recap (in case I used to many words above):

1. Your "Style" does not fit this board.
2. Leave please.
3. Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #94
Random Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
No, you have not directly insulted me. That is NOT the point. THE POINT IS: I, like many here, believe you don't FIT here. Your "Style" is offensive (to us) and is not a good fit (for this board).

Please find another board that would be a better match for your idiom. Thank you.

Recap (in case I used to many words above):

2. Leave please.
3. Thanks
I came to this board because of two major reasons:

1. It was presented to be a board open to all views (at least within reason).

2. It was presented to be a board where the discussion was intended and "Flamewars" were frowned upon.

There was no mention of "style" in the promotion.

I chose "The Duke" to first respond to because my views do not differ from his a great deal, yet in some areas we are miles apart. I found him refreshing to talk to for a change. In the interest of conversation I chose not to argue about 'ways of saying things" in order to find like points to discuss. BTW, I also find Stephi_B and a few others just as interesting to read, even though I don't agree, or disagree, with their personal views totally.

By asking "The Duke" to leave just because you don't like his posts are things which closed minded people and boards do. I will keep on searching for a board which actually acts as it represents to be but consider this as my resignation from ZeFrank's.
The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. ~ Dave Berry
Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #95
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
2. Leave please.
3. Thanks
Isn't this more appropriately left to Ze to decide?
Old 06-16-2007, 12:09 AM   #96
Avalon

Originally Posted by Coffee
2. Leave please.
3. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post

He can dream, can't he?
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Old 06-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #97
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Ze does not ban people Trish, well, only one ever...and that only after enough members complained to cause Ze to activate his "ban" function. Even the puppet who shall not be named is even still on the member list. Nor does Ze influence the direction the board takes.

The board is self moderating. People that are annoying are traditionally encouraged (bullied/harrased/humiliated/etc.) to leave the board by the members.

Quote:
2. It was presented to be a board where ... "Flamewars" were frowned upon.
hahahahahahaha
errr...yes, frowned on (flame wars are always embarrassing...whether participating in or just watching them)...but def. not unknown here.

Quote:
I found him refreshing to talk to
Quote:
consider this as my resignation from ZeFrank's.
Thank you for setting a good example...hopefully Duke found you refreshing too and will follow you.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:05 AM   #98
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Logic View Post
I came to this board because of two major reasons:

1. It was presented to be a board open to all views (at least within reason).

2. It was presented to be a board where the discussion was intended and "Flamewars" were frowned upon.

There was no mention of "style" in the promotion.
Where did you see this promotion, can I ask? In the yellow pages? On the side of a bus? Was someone passing out flyers in Times Square? I have to know.
Quote:
By asking "The Duke" to leave just because you don't like his posts are things which closed minded people and boards do. I will keep on searching for a board which actually acts as it represents to be but consider this as my resignation from ZeFrank's.
Or you could create your own board to do that at. It's not that hard. You can run your new board any old way you want.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:08 AM   #99
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

or go back to icq.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:36 AM   #100
The Duke
banned

Trisherina

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
It wouldn't suprise me to see Ze doing a little mowing of his own here ..when the cats away the mice do play ....

I agree my view point is totally different from those of others here , but still I never harrased them or stalked them as you might find some of them are doing with me . Let this be model to liberal intolerance then ..for one of them even managed to break into my account and had changed my signature line to include a despicable message telling me to go back to ICQ ....

I have a good idea who that was ...I don't think it was Ze because he would have messaged that to me and not found it neccesary to play dirty tricks

Last edited by The Duke : 06-16-2007 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #101
Brynn
constantly amazed

life is so hard out there - why subject yourself to being abused by a bunch of people who don't get you? I come here because most people don't get me out there. Why would I want to spend my free time with more of the same?
There's a place out on the nets for you, Duke, where you will feel safe and loved and respected and listened to and challenged and inspired at the same time - isn't that what most people want, deep down? Don't give up looking for it. Everybody deserves that. Be nice to yourself. Coffee's right, and he's a nice guy. You should listen to him. It's really sound advice. And if people are saying they don't feel good or safe with your style of communication in the culture here, well, it's kind of like trying to make a cat sit in your lap when it doesn't want to. The kitty will get really mad, and scratch you and you'll get mad and hurt the cat....but in the end, you will have to let the kitty go. Just let the kitty go, duke.
It has nothing to do with your value as a person.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #102
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Well, if you think a good model of self-moderation is to bully and harass people you don't like until they get irritated enough to buzz off, certainly there is nothing here to prevent that. But I maintain that it's up to Ze to decide what he wants and doesn't want here, and as you note he doesn't tend to interfere a great deal. Freedom -- like freedom of expression -- always means that you get some of what you don't want. Like being pro choice in abortion means that you support women in whichever choice they make, not just the one you personally approve of.

I see guys like Duke here and there, and being disliked or disdained is not likely to deter him. He doesn't want to preach to the choir, as he's already said, and he doesn't want to pet your kitty. Most people over the age of 12 don't really think that someone's mind will be changed about an important issue via engaging in message board dialogue. But he knows that for every one person who posts invective, there are another five reading along, saying nothing one way or the other, but reading what he's posting and thinking about it. That's the big payoff for Duke.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #103
Frieda
in limbo

well let's see what i have to say about this-- (on request, mind you)

i don't like any kind of aggressive or abusive behavior. not even assertive aggression.

that means, i do not like it when people start flamewars, post trolling messages, post in anger, post nasty things, do namecalling, change signatures, etc. i call that aggressive and abusive behavior.

that means, i don't like some of Duke's posts, and i don't like some of the other posts here on this board.

can i do something about it? no. this is not my board. first i became a moderator because i reached 4000 posts. then i became a super moderator because i reached 10000 posts and my job became to erase spam.

with great powers come great responsibilities, and i know right from wrong and i care about doing the right thing.

others don't. there's nothing i can do about it, i've tried and failed because they didn't care. so i had to let it go.

and coffee-- YOU were the first to get banned with the goatse incident. right now, there are 3 users on the banned users list.

oh yeah
Old 06-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #104
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

coffee accidentally hotlinked a pic with a goatse. there's a big dif, considering intent.

Duke steals my bandwidth every time he reposts a picture i upload from my site, I don't care for that.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #105
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I don't think he hotlinked the goatse, I think whoever hosted the original pic changed it to a goatse.

-Dr. Seuss

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: