Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2003, 12:25 AM   #31
God
Puppetmaster

Bless

You.

Last edited by God : 10-03-2003 at 12:27 AM.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:41 AM   #32
rapscalious rob

*sniff*
Thanks.

Last edited by rapscalious rob : 10-03-2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:08 PM   #33
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

Last edited by nycwriters : 01-16-2004 at 12:43 AM.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 04:01 AM   #34
rapscalious rob

I first really started seeing things around three years ago, when I finally got myself a pair of eyeglasses. I had been putting it off, because every time I brought it up with my family, my stepfather would promise me he’d take me by and optometrist and implore me not to go to one myself. After three years I decided to go and make that appointment. And then make another appointment. I got my drivers license that year. I was 21.

That same year, I got a job delivering pizza (a step up from the muddy maelstrom of my dishwashing job, although I still had to wash dishes). I was still learning to drive. I still have that job, and looking back, I think the fact that I haven’t gotten into an accident on the road yet is an amazing

blessing
Old 10-05-2003, 03:27 AM   #35
lapietra
half baked

blessing...

I've always said, "It's my pleasure", and meant it, when performing a favor... I love it when someone has a need and it's something I can do for them. Perhaps that's a bit geeky... but honestly... if everyone felt that way, think what a great world it would be...

I've spent a lot of time singing at Catholic churches. (Also at Jewish temples and Lutheran and Seventh Day Adventist and Methodist and Christian Science and other varieties of Christian churches... also once at a Buddhist temple... singers tend to get around the religious circuit I guess... very ironic since I'm not one tiny bit religious...) Interestingly enough, one doesn't say "It's my pleasure" when responding to a compliment about one's performance at a Catholic church - one says, "It's a blessing" (at least, this is what I learned to say...). The connotation, you see, is that one doesn't derive pleasure from performing a certain deed... it's a *blessing*, paid up to God.
Something I've pondered... Why is it preferable for me not to feel pleasure when I do something for someone... hmmm... isn't it the same thing? Why is it wrong to derive pleasure from an act of kindness?

pleasure (or kindness... take your pick)
Old 10-06-2003, 06:40 AM   #36
malina
leaving

kindness - a little bit goes a long way; treating the person next to you as if they were indeed your brother; keeping in mind that you'd tease your brother, never cut him where it hurts; stand up for him; cheer him up when he's down; get oh so mad at him; love him no less because of it;

less
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:29 PM   #37
Frieda
in limbo

less is more, but not always.

absolute

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:28 AM   #38
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Absolute

Forever

24 good friends, everybody knew, but the guest of honor didn't. SURPRISE! Good times. His "Intelligence" was a little hurt, but other than that, things went off without a hitch. It was perfect. I forgot I was the host, I also forgot how draining it is to be the hostest with the the mostest. I dragged my darling outside for a private smoke and to collect some thoughts. What a great moment. He said it scared him that I was able to pull it off and thought he might be getting dense. Haha! Woo! An excellent partner he said....and said he needed me on his side..or he might be in trouble....

It was a great

Moment in Time

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:16 AM   #39
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Moment in time

I'm a band geek... the worst kind: a tuba player. In high school it's a big deal to be "Grand Champion" of a marching show. The thing you strive for; the one thing that could make all the hours of plodding around a paved parking lot in the Georgia-in-late-August 95° heat and 98% humidity trying to get that last little bit of drill right or that last little nuance of dynamic worth it all.

So, after several bitter disappointments, we won one, by God, we actually took grand champions at a show, and a big one, too.

And caught on film by one of my mom's friends, a mother of a girl in the color guard, was a delightful scene of some younger band members being craazy and fun and pointing up in the sky number one! number one! whilst I and some others crouched down in front and gave the little kids (8th and 9th graders to my 11th grader) annoyed but understanding and happy glances. She blew it up to 3' by 2' and gave it to me, president of the band.

A wonderful joyous moment in time, which contrasted starkly with the moment I heard that said photographer was on the now-infamous valujet crash in the everglades, flying down to attend her daughter's graduation. A moment in time so terribly...

bitter.
funkytuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:04 PM   #40
Frieda
in limbo

bitter.

bitter sweet memories. the singer of the band all up high, singing on the second floor. the singer is georgeous, with his light hair. he's looking at me, singing just for me.

honey

oh yeah
Old 10-10-2003, 10:30 PM   #41
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Honey..

Or at least I thought until I started throwing rocks at it. Millions and millions of wasps chased me home about a quarter of a mile on my bike that day..

Live and....

Learn

-Dr. Seuss
Old 10-13-2003, 02:53 PM   #42
Frieda
in limbo

learn

learning is a never ending process. it can be very frustrating, but it also gets you where you want to go. if you never learn, you won´t get very far either!

convenience

oh yeah
Old 10-13-2003, 08:42 PM   #43
dalang
distant

convenience

just ran this through MS word, making sure I spelled it correctly in my seventeeth cover letter since September.

Applying for jobs is draining, frustrating and dull. Just give it to me, please! I'll make it good, really! I....

promise
dalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:57 PM   #44
lapietra
half baked

promise

Promises used to be so much easier to keep. As I grow older I find that it's harder; more responsibilities and surprises mean more uncertainty. I suppose all one can do is try as hard as one can to keep one's promises, even if it means doing more than seems reasonable... otherwise one earns a reputation for being flaky, not dependable. I've had to learn this the hard way; I only hope I haven't completely run out of

opportunities.
lapietra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 04:15 AM   #45
zenbabe
Lollypop!

opportunities

They seem to present themselves at the most inappropriate time. I was 20 and met this guy that had just recently been broken out of a mental instituion by a mutual friend. He said he was on a mission to get rid of everything he owned and all he ever wanted out of life was a good pizza. I ended up trading him his entire computer system for 2 large pepperoni's, it was really wierd. I wonder what ever happened to him. Life is so crazy sometimes. I still insist that you never

Regret

-Dr. Seuss

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: