ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #2521
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

Hey my Ze.ppl

Am still alive (& neither smoking nor sniffing ashtrays yet ), my throat seems to be finally healed (we hope) but for some nerve pains, & only sometimes But while turning me upside down the docs found a a fukken nodule in my thyroid on Oct 13 I will - hopefully (yesterday that prof couldn't tell, the CT last week or the vitamines I took until recently screwed it up) - learn whether it's a good nodule (that is, no cold motherfukker, but a good hot thang) & I can keep my thyroid (I hopehopehope - now that I got to know my wee butterfly baby + what it does for me).

Anyway, hug youse, especially you Lukku, sending you + your mom all goodness I got! & Frieda + Frieda-Mama too!!

& don't worry about me, I got my best mate back here in Berlin, I grow my own tomatoes at the kitchen window, I have my beloved thunderstorms almost everyday (a friend originally from near-equatorial Brazil recently complaint about the sticky heat!), I take stuff easy, all the stuff!
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #2522
zero

good to see you stephi

may your tomatoes taste like the best tomatoes that anyone could ever possibly imagine
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #2523
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

^^Nice to see you are here with the living! Your thyroid will be fine once you lay off the .lidocaine throat gargle...

Hugs !!
OX L,Mo

ps If ever you are in PortLand Ore please look me up!

that goes for everyone of course
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #2524
Stephi_B

Oh Mo One day I may extra fly across ocean and continent to your Portland, Oregon place and bring you tomatoes from my kitchen window which will taste just like Mr zer described above! Yes, that sounds like a cool idea!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #2525
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

Stephi is back! Stephi is still not smoking! Stephi takes it easy! Stephi makes me happy!
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #2526
xfox
slightly effective

for all my buds: you are valued beyond my ability to express.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #2527
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
And btw Stephi, you won the Dictionary Game and we're all waiting for the new word.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #2528
Stephi_B

^

^^^

Last edited by Stephi_B : 07-24-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #2529
lukkucairi
earth worker

for some shade
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #2530
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

oh so beautiful
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #2531
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

^^ What and where? Just totally beautiful!!!
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #2532
lukkucairi
earth worker

http://matadortrips.com/photo-essay-...apes-on-earth/

Black Rock Desert too
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #2533
Stephi_B

So, I got there this letter from the nuclear medicine prof dude and was at my family doc with it and that's what is sure so far about my thyroid: I have for one a slight hypothyroidism (now that I think of it I had symptoms since some years but I put those on other causes: general laziness, fatigue/slight burn-out-thingy from all this PhD thesis etc stress, and that I, in the best case could keep my weight constant on a level waaaay higher than 4, 5 years ago, I also explained by my sitting on my ass for 10, 11, 12h a day job, my laziness, my irregular eating etc as also all my colleagues all grew bigger - and then my constant craving for sea food - which is actually healthy - makes complete sense now, my body wanted that iodine in it). So I take this thyroxine hormone since yesterday, half the dose, i.e. 25 microgramm, of what the nuke doc recommends for a start, such that I don't fall out of my flip flops Together with my non-smoking (smoking, better said the cyanide in it, is reducing the iodine intake) and my general healthier living that thing will be fixed, even if I have to take that med all my life long, that's OK with me. The other thing is my nodule.... the only thing the nuke doc can up to now quasi-exclude is a hot (in almost all cases benign, my granny had one and got rid of it by a low iodine diet only, no operation or radioiodine therapy needed) nodule, the potentially evil cold one is still in the race as is a warm nodule (on why my hope lies now), a so-called autonomous adenom which is also always benign, even if it develops into a hot thang and which can be easily treated, also with hormones and/or radiation. I mean the chances are small that it's really cancer (many folks here in Germany - still a iodine deficiency region - have such nodules in their thyroid, I read figures ranging from 30% to 50% and only like 1% of these are bad. But well, if my thing (which ain't small, 2cm on it's longest axis) is a cold one they'd most probably cut out at least half of my thyroid to see what it really is. Only if it would shrink with the hormone I take now it would be a proof for it being benign and I could keep all of my butterfly and not really, really RELY on that hormone pills, I hate the thought that after an operation (which scares the shit out of me anyways, I've never been operated, I even still have all my wisdom teeth) I would become a (semi-)cretin (really!! I read all about thyroids - and (half-)missing thyroids for that matter - I could find) if I don't get/take the med for a longer period.... So I try not to get crazy till Oct 13 when I'm at the nuke doc again and keep on murmuring "no cold nodule, no cold nodule...." and - new - "shrink if you are cold! shrink if you are cold!...." and also show the sonogramm of my nodule (my family doc says the echo pattern looks not like it does with typical cold nodules) to everyone who wants to see it - or not

Last edited by Stephi_B : 07-28-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #2534
Stephi_B

And I *heart* what Lukku posted there ^^^^^
Old 07-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #2535
Frieda
in limbo

^^ you can still be generally lazy AND have a thyroid problem

get well soon, stephi! *hugs*

oh yeah