Old 05-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #1550
12"razormix

happy schnapszahl, stephi!
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #1551
Stephi_B
waaaaaaa :)

Thank you

Oh, now I've lost it.... anyway, there will be 3333 free schnappsies for you today in the pub thread and who get's blothered first wins a fine prize, gotta still figure out something though.... an awesome bucket, mayhap?
Stephi_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #1552
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

post something that made you laugh today
(by sequencing things that have come across your desk or you hear randomly on the radio in the last 8 hors)

1. There must be some kind of way out of here said the joker to the theif.
~Jimi Hendrix

2. Comprehending Engineers-Take Eight
An artist, an architect and an engineer were discussing whether it was better to spend time with the wife or a mistress. The architect said he enjoyed time with his wife, building a solid foundation for an enduring relationship. The artist said he enjoyed time with his mistress, because of the passion and mystery he found there. The engineer said, "I like both." "Both?" Engineer: "Yeah. If you have a wife and a mistress, they will each assume you are spending time with the other woman and you can go to the lab and get some work done!

Old 05-13-2009, 05:51 AM   #1553
Odbe
hope dope

Please pass this on to anyone whose marriage needs saving in a cheap paperback fiction kind of way.

Today and friend and I were talking about the stereotype of people who have an affair because their marriage has become too predictable, when I suddenly had this wonderful idea. What if a couple decided to have a secret affair with each other? They have to meet in secret and keep all signs of it from each other in their daily lives. For example, a wife tells her husband she's going to a night-time yoga class, but instead goes to a prearranged place where the husband meets her, having left the house as soon as his wife was out of sight. Afterwards, she fixes up her makeup, he sneaks back home and washes off any trace of lipstick or her perfume and she comes back after the class, both of them pretending nothing has happened. Any gifts they give each other must be hidden to keep the affair secret, or anything else that gives the game away in the stereotype.
The idea is that each partner is not just complacently married, but actively striving to win the favour of a married person from outside the marriage. Ideally, each partner's illicit persona succeeds in luring the other away from their marriage, at which point they can be divorced and remarried as their new adventurous selves.

Actually, this sounds like the makings of a good story.
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #1554
lukkucairi
earth worker

lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:02 AM   #1555
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Old 05-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #1556
lukkucairi
earth worker

fatties hooray!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #1557
lukkucairi
earth worker

Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #1558
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #1559
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

Pictures of people not smiling.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #1560
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

My aversion to judging anyone or anything made me think of this movie ::

Trois Couleurs: Rouge, 1994
[Three Colors: Red]

Red is an intricately constructed parable on the need for connection and the complexity of fate. Valentine (Irene Jacob) is a model whose vacuous existence is disrupted when chance intercedes and, one evening after a runway show, runs over a German shepherd. She meets the dog's owner, Joseph Kern (Jean-Louis Trintignant), a reclusive, retired judge. We later see that the seemingly misanthropic judge has been intercepting the telephone conversations of his neighbors, and amplifying them through his stereo. Through a series of peripheral characters and events, we gain insight into the judge's traumatic past, and a sense of the universality of isolation. It is not accidental that the deepest secrets of the human soul are revealed in moments of absence and separation. But Red is also a love story - a deep intimacy that is cerebral and not corporal. There is an especially poignant scene where the judge, inside the car, places the palm of his hand onto the window, and Valentine, outside, presses her hand against the glass, to match his. It is obvious that they are deeply in love, but are separated by invisible barriers. This is a film of intoxicating beauty and profound revelation that continues to unfold long after the conclusion.

The suffusive use of red throughout the film has an overwhelming intensity reminiscent of Ingmar Bergman's Cries and Whispers. Red is the color of love and blood - life and death. Kieslowski uses the color to portray a contemporary liebestod. Valentine is Joseph Kern's "breath of life". She is the catalyst that can awaken his hollow soul, heal his callous heart, and, in the midst of tragedy, find closure. The element of chance is a recurrent theme in Kieslowski's films (note the near encounters in The Double Life of Veronique). Valentine methodically places a coin in a newsstand slot machine every morning. Two lovers decide what to do for the evening by tossing a coin. The judge tells Valentine, "Perhaps you're the woman I never met." It is a powerful device in the master's hands - a means to explore the need for connection - to find Joseph Conrad's proverbial secret sharer of one's soul. The idea that chance can cause happiness as easily as it causes pain, unite or divide, bring love or loss, is a profoundly unsettling thought.

Acquarello 1997. All rights reserved.

| PAL DVD [R2] | Three Colors Trilogy DVD | VHS | Home | Top |

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: