ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
michaelgcasey
michaelgcasey

Butcher Baker Undertaker

I just read about you in the NYT, the reporter Warren sounded like an undertaker, or is that classed as reporting style. Personally I thought it was a rubbish style of reporting. I watched the video on the NJY too. To help you get back to your 1million viewers try some of my stuff, all the way from Birmingam ENGLAND. Its all been tried and tested and will work in the USA.Happy Fathers day, weel in uk its today .

here's my ad I'll post a few other bits in order to encourage you. I'm looking after a producer/publisher. ALL COPYRIGHTS REMAIN MINE. YOU can be my adverising campaign. I'm too fat to be a video star.
Comedy made simple for everybody of every age . Coming from Birmingham England , which was where JRR Tolkein came from ,
click on documents and read
The Butcher, The Baker & The Undertaker (c) a comedy drama for everybody
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A novel , plays and humour essays all on my site http://groups.msn.com/michaelcasey
Now how do I grab your attention I was born in the shadow of Cape Hill Brewery , Smethwick , which is on the side of Birmingham. I ended up working for a market research company into Alcohol Sales , and I was the shandy drinker . Any alcohol and I was off my tree . Yes really . My job was computer operator , it was mad and we all had lots of fun , we were right in the city centre , 20 year olds with the keys to the building , listening to 90mins of ALL the versions of Paul Hardcastles n n n 19 . Friends would drop by at weekends to sober up and catch the next night service home . They come and chat for 30 mins , before going home , to their homes , everybody still lived at home then .
Finally after 21years I was made redundant , and I did not know anything about computers , if I did I would have stayed in them and had a continued good living . However luck and God played their part . After my motherís sudden but peaceful death my dad ended up in an old peoples home , literally in the same street as the family home , only at the posh end 2 miles up the road , thatís if posh can be in the red light area of Birmingham . However after years of visits I met my future wife , a small chinese girl from Shanghai who made me laugh . Once we fell in love this over 40s boy did the right thing . I sent her back to Shanghai and told her to tell her parents all my bad points . Six months later she came back to me . Now after a few trials and tribulation we are wed with a 3 year old who nags in Shanghai dialect plus a 13month old who yesterday took her first step .
So if you like comedy writing then go to my site .
Literary Criticism tells of my wife's first meeting . Fool tells of me chatting up a transsexual only to finally find out it was an April fools joke , only I was too pissed to tell . Before I met my wife I went to the Czech Republic where I had ended up staying with a gay doctor called Loobrush who had his medical certificate proudly hanging in his bathroom , just above the toilet paper dispenser . My friends at work all read this I even got one 10/10 , so Michael Can Write , so many years after the event . I even had a play called Shoplife accepted for the stage , its on the web site too . Padre Pio and Me tells of my dad's survival from a "fatal" heart attack , my wife's uncle also survived a "fatal" medical emergency , at the same time as my dad , though I did not meet my wife till 3 years later , and only because both men survived did we meet and have the means to get together .
The novel also on the site is called The Butcher , The Baker and The Undertaker (c), very tongue in cheek , simultaneously on several levels . An undertaker who becomes an election agent so a dodgy builder becomes a member of Parliament in the constituency of Old Forge and Singing Anvil , (my dad was a blacksmith from County Kerry Eire , yes really).
http://groups.msn.com/michaelcasey
The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker is a comedy drama about a street of shops in Birmingham/Black Country in England . Here's a flavour
Wayne buys a derelict pub and his wife is pregnant with twins , things could not be worse , Mrs Murphy comes to the rescue with a loan , and 2 sets of twins the builders work for nothing , God looks down and helps too , Wayne discovers a hidden cellar underneath the cellar , its full of 40year old whiskey left over from the war WWII , the pub was where the local black marketeer left everything . Wayne and family are saved .
The Undertaker has a feud with the traffic warden for putting a parking ticket on his hearse.On the way there' a Jazz funeral , a teddy bear called Patrick , a dog called hairy Amjit who has a mind of his own . The Undertakerís sons leaves the business and Percy is at a loss , his son returns with a Prodigal Son plea for forgiveness , "Father forgive me , I now know that computers are not for me , there is no love in computers , but in our business there is love and compassion .
The Undertaker tries to blackmail a bent builder who is going to demolish the street of shops where they all live . Peace is restored so the Undertaker becomes the election agent for the builder and takes him on a tour of all the rest homes , so that the builder ends up getting into the Houses of Parliament . The dodgy bookie Smiling Paul has a bet on the election and wins 1million pounds. The Undertaker is furious until her hears that Smiling Paul had a road to Damascus experience and gave away all the money to help save the Chinese restaurant business of his Chinese friends . So Smiling Paul becomes a man of honour , and gets a stunning girlfriend on the way , because the Chinese must honour him . The finale is a kidnap and rescue of the infant daughter of the corner shop owner , united the street of shops saves the day .
The writing is funny and tongue in cheek , if some readers see it just as a ma and pa book then good , but if they step back they will see that I'm gently poking fun at my characters . Such as Big Sid the butcher who is like a year around santa . Patrick the baker is trying to have a love life but all the street knows his every move . His mother is relieved when finally he meets the right girl , a virgin , who turns out to be the only daughter of the man who saved the bakery many years before , to Patrick's mum its a miracle and the will of God .
Bible belt people , simple honest folk will love the book , and forgive Patrick's stupidity because , heck he's a good boy . The New Yorkers and California will love it too because they'll just laugh at the other side of the tale , The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker is for everybody , and in translation it will find a bigger audience . I predict 15million sales in USA alone . I finish with a poem from Percy the Undertaker
Michael Gerard Casey 10 Reginald Rd,Bearwood,Warley,B67 5AQ 0121 429 8576
The Dead and The Living (c)
by
Michael Casey
I first saw a deceased when I was nine years old ,my father said not
to worry as the dead are the same as the living , only the laughter
has left them , the sparkle has gone from their eyes , the worry has
been lifted from their shoulders , and their voice has vanished to
eternity .
In paradise the sparkle will return for it is the twinkle of the
stars , the laughter will return too for it is the morning breeze and
the turning tides are their sides shaking with laughter .
I treat the deceased with the same courtesy as I give to the living ,
though I find the deceased are always more polite . My father also
had a few words to say about the living .
He said that the living are only the caretakers of the soul , yet
they think their existence is everything , that they know everything
because they experience many things with their senses .
What the living don't acknowledge is that their time is short and
when I lay their bodies to rest then their souls continue without
them , without their strong , without their weak , without their
beautiful or even ugly temporary form , to where I cannot say , only
that it is a better place .
Percy the undertaker placed the lid on the coffin ,the soul was free
THE BEGINNING

Thats all , now make me an offer

ALL my material is on the other sites , this one just has the novel plus 1st chapter of my 2nd book. All material is mine and my copyright.
p.s. the photo on my microsoft id is my mum's house where she was born and lived with her 7 brothers and sisters until my mum was 12years old. My Yahoo Id has my own photo.
michaelgcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:10 AM   #2
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

I tried, I really tried to love him but.......NO-ONE CAN REPLACE MY RON!

I miss him so.

*sob*
Old 06-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
Avalon

We know Ron Price, and you..Michael Casey..are no Ron Price.
Oh how you make us long for the days of "Pimp Master Price"
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:31 PM   #4
auntie aubrey
excursions

for the record, one thing i am not known for is a long attention span.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:47 AM   #5
ambo
feline, naturally

oh brother
Old 06-19-2006, 02:01 AM   #6
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie aubrey
for the record, one thing i am not known for is a long attention span.
Huh?
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:02 AM   #7
topcat
monkey

i like cheese

This is an internet bulletin board.

Nothing more. Nothing less
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:03 AM   #8
ambo
feline, naturally

I think she was commenting on the length of the original post..........
Old 06-19-2006, 02:06 AM   #9
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Who?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:08 AM   #10
topcat
monkey

whos on first?

Old 06-19-2006, 02:09 AM   #11
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Where?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:11 AM   #12
topcat
monkey

on the orginal post

Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 AM   #13
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Ze's?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:15 AM   #14
topcat
monkey

ze has a long post?

Old 06-19-2006, 02:18 AM   #15
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

I haven't seen it but he sure looks happy!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: