ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #61
lukkucairi
earth worker

in a parallel universe I'm a housewife in Raleigh, with three kids and two mortgages and a husband who's trying to open his own microbrewery.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #62
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
In a parallel universe, I'm trying to open my own microbrewery with a frustrated light wizard for a wife, three kids, two mortgages, and living in Raleigh.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #63
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I wake up and my jaw doesn't hurt. I poke around it and there is no inflammation. It is 10 AM and the sun is bright. No stirring of the insides. I make coffee and drink it with cream, and nothing happens. I sit and drink it and read things for an hour. I make toast and eat it and still nothing happens. I climb the two sets of stairs to get dressed and never touch the handrail. I could do anything today. There is no need to plan carefully.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:02 AM   #64
Bman
monkey

I sit down at the keyboard, think of something interesting to say. Not too mushy or poetic, something just right. I make no typos, question no choice of words. I find just the right topic, one where I am in on the joke. I sit back and hit send and continue on my merry way through the internet. I am balanced. I make no attempt to bring "her" in to the conversation. Most importantly, I resist the urge to get all meta.

Shucks, in a parallel universe I am not aware of the word meta and am better for it.
Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #65
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Goddammit! Who moved the bag of hops?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #66
lukkucairi
earth worker

in a parallel universe, my hair is naturally indigo.
lukkucairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #67
Coffee
Cheeses Save

In a parallel universe you receive requests for quotes for portrait commissions 2 or 3 times a week, sometimes the commission is of a person, a pet, livestock, a deceased loved one, sometimes estates, most usually a yacht or an aircraft (vehicle portraits are your specialty),...and on average one of those inquiries turns into an actual commissioned canvas.
It is noon on a Saturday, and you have 5 pieces in varying states of completion skinning over again after a moderate day's work on each. You are still roughing in the layout on the latest two canvases (fast loose childlike painting, exuberant and active...you love this stage as it is all play and mess and color), another 2 are in the middle stages of nailing down the lighting color depth and edges of main structural masses (careful work, considered, but still malleable and flexible, nothing is in stone yet, still playing but carefully with paint and brush and knife and texture) while you occasionally hunker in close to the nearest to completion to carefully cut in those last hair line details in the rigging (jeweler like precision, focus, magnifying glass and loupe, holding breath and hoping the caffeine doesn't wreck the line, fiddly little brushes squirm out of your hands even as you load the paint let alone try to apply it...this is Work and you are so glad that it will be over soon).
The current yacht portrait of Mystique, a double ended cutter-rigged blue water cruiser, is due next week and you think it could be one of your best so far. The owner's commissioned the piece 3 months ago to commemorate their just completed 5-year circumnavigation. The scene is from their description and photos of an early morning landfall at Torunai Bay in N. New Zealand after an exciting passage in heavy but manageable seas from Tonga. It was their first rough passage and they recalled with fondness that that moment of spotting their landfall with the sun's early golden light shafting through the clouds they had just ran tossed beneath for 10 days, was when they truly developed confidence in their boat and themselves and knew they were going to circle the globe together.
You are charging the couple $3000.00 for the 18"x24" canvas, and hope that it will be worth far more to them when it is done.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #68
Brynn
constantly amazed

^ this is completely plausible. It's going to happen.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:59 AM   #69
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I sit on the lower bunk and write in my journal about what it would be like if I woke up and had a different brain, and read Archie comics when I can't sleep, which is usually. I am only seven but stayed up all night once already reading comics. My mum was so worried because I was pale after with dark circles under my eyes. I chew my nails and spit out the crescents under the bed and feel a little bad about it, but then forget because I don't see them anymore. I like everyone at school and it bewilders me why not everyone likes me back all the time; I have no trouble liking them all even when they're not very nice sometimes. I think very hard about it, my eyes resting on the dog sitting patiently on the floor with her head on her paws and watching me in case I need anything, always the same to everyone, always ready to be their friend. And then it dawns on me: I have a dog spirit.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #70
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
in a parallel universe, you've somehow ended up back in this one.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #71
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

In a parallel uni verse
W=K
X=I
Y=S
Z=zip cope. Just kidding Z=Y : )

((((how do you like them apples)))
Old 01-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #72
Coffee
Cheeses Save

In a parallel universe evolution of intelligence did not switch taxonomic class due to a couple of Very near misses by comets, and you are now trying to distract a raptor gang from your clutch of eggs so you can get back to posting on the Z-board.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #73
Brynn
constantly amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
I sit on the lower bunk and write in my journal about what it would be like if I woke up and had a different brain, and read Archie comics when I can't sleep, which is usually. I am only seven but stayed up all night once already reading comics. My mum was so worried because I was pale after with dark circles under my eyes. I chew my nails and spit out the crescents under the bed and feel a little bad about it, but then forget because I don't see them anymore. I like everyone at school and it bewilders me why not everyone likes me back all the time; I have no trouble liking them all even when they're not very nice sometimes. I think very hard about it, my eyes resting on the dog sitting patiently on the floor with her head on her paws and watching me in case I need anything, always the same to everyone, always ready to be their friend. And then it dawns on me: I have a dog spirit.
As a child I stare into a mirror, convinced that someone else is on the other side, living my exact life as a child, only flipped. And she has a niftier name, like Tricia or something. I wonder how she is doing with my same issues on her side of things. As an adult I scour Canada, obsessed with finding the twin I was separated from at birth.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #74
Coffee
Cheeses Save

In a parallel universe we are watching our two kids open up shiny packages. It was a good year with the new job and the gifts today make up a bit for the last few sparse holidays. The kids are totally stoked, and we are snuggled up with our cocoa loving the moment and each other and hoping this lasts a few years till we can get our heads really above water again.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #75
monkeyknifightz

In a parallel universe....
everyday there was something to accomplish. Time moves fast when you are bored and slow when you are having fun. I also have enough power to ban all sustained noises above the sound of a car that was not damn good music. And the world is powered by flatulence.
monkeyknifightz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: