ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2004, 01:55 AM   #1
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Eminem

I love this fvcking guy.

There is a story out right now how he is changing the video to storm the white house at the end. At least he is an artist that isn't afraid to use his freedom of speech.

check out the video

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 02:15 AM   #2
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

Yup, freedom of speech is beautiful isn't it?
Old 12-05-2004, 03:48 AM   #3
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Thumbs up

"Oops, I mean girl. Girl, girl, girl!"
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:22 AM   #4
agentsmith
rap geisha

used to like him. now i frown upon him.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:46 AM   #5
ally
cunning stunt

i think he's brillant, and it's quite funny living in france as the youngsters over here don't have a clus what he's going on about... (although most of them would be delighted).
ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 06:18 PM   #6
melissa
monkey

I do recognize the fact that the man has talent. But I hate his voice.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:50 PM   #7
Klynne
monkey

A friend of mine is a model, and she was an extra in the movie 8 Mile. She said that Eminem never quit working. Between takes he was writing songs. She said he is a nice guy, but pretty much keeps to himself.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:28 PM   #8
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

Let me get this straight: you fall in love with a man in the military and you CHOOSE to marry him, and with that you CHOOSE the consequences of a military relationship knowing full well what the possibilities entail. Your husband, for one reason or another CHOSE to fight for his country and with that comes the possibility that he will be called to duty - there is no question about that. With that in mind you continue to CHOOSE your standard of living and you CHOOSE to have kids and you CHOOSE to save or not save money in preparation for the possibility of being called to serve. There is no surprise. Period. Being poor with 3 kids and no daddy is not the government’s fault. You could have thought things through and made better decisions. You don't HAVE to have kids. You don't HAVE to have unprotected sex. You don't HAVE to live somewhere you can't afford knowing your collective income.

Agreeing or not agreeing with the war is not the issue. Signing up to be in the military does not include choosing what you want to fight for.

The song and the video has it's valid points, but it seems that the major heart-string tugging point, that would even grasp the least educated, is filled with irresponsibility - The “do what feels good because the world owes you something mentality”. These huge media campaigns seem to be directed towards emotion and obviously were directed to people that still didn't vote. I'm sure that if every single person DID vote - Bush wouldn't be in office. It is the ones that wanted to protect what they have earned that went out and voted.

The anti-Bush crowd rallies for the freedom to choose, which I fully agree with. Choosing abortion, choosing your mate, choosing to do whatever YOU want to do without the government deciding for you. I agree. How about CHOOSING to be responsible? All of a sudden, you make a bad choice, THEN the government owes you something? THEN you want the government to step in and save you? How about the freedom of choice and the obligation of responsibility?
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:35 PM   #9
melissa
monkey

" All of a sudden, you make a bad choice, THEN the government owes you something? THEN you want the government to step in and save you? How about the freedom of choice and the obligation of responsibility?"

This attitude is prevalent among the family I recently saw in California. There is very little accountability and self-reliance. I don't get it.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:34 PM   #10
Willow Sylph
monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by Spicy Jack
The anti-Bush crowd rallies for the freedom to choose, which I fully agree with. Choosing abortion, choosing your mate, choosing to do whatever YOU want to do without the government deciding for you. I agree. How about CHOOSING to be responsible? All of a sudden, you make a bad choice, THEN the government owes you something? THEN you want the government to step in and save you? How about the freedom of choice and the obligation of responsibility?
I couldn't agree with your statement more, Spice.

(I do like Eminem, though.)
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: