ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
beckstra
one classy broad

worst. day. ever.

Okay, so I know this doesn't compare to any of y'all's worst days ever, and it's not my worst day ever but it sucks so bad, I thought I'd share the most humiliating story with you.

*If you are easily grossed out or offended, you may want to pass on this one.

Today was my first day after training out on the floor (I'd gotten a promotion). I was on time, getting along okay with my new male boss. I'd done a couple hours of compliance training because we had the extra time. I went to take my first brake and as I'm sitting on the pot, I notice I've bled all over myself, to the point where anyone who watches me walk can see.

I panicked and told my new boss that I was going to have to take a late (my purse hiding me) because I was sick. So, I run home screaming profanities all the way home, change, and run back to work. When I get there, I see my key is missing and I really don't want to have to do the walk of shame where a.) you don't have your key and everyone hears your pitiful attempt to get back into the building and b.)I have to walk the walk of shame with my old male boss who will probably want a better explination.

So I run back home and call in pretending to be sicker than I am siteing that my brother in law who works with us will pick up my stuff when he gets in at noon.

I'm so embarrased I would give everything for Jesus to come back. I know, how could I not tell? I don't know. I just couldn't.

Feel free to cry with me.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Aw, hon. I think it's possible no one noticed. I know that if I've ever seen anyone in that position from a distance, where I couldn't say anything, my heart's just gone out to them. You may be thinking people were looking and snickering, but anyone who saw probably just felt bad for you.

As far as the other stuff, we all do totally uncharacteristic things where fear is involved.

You'll go back tomorrow and it'll be ok. It'll be ok.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:16 PM   #3
Coffee
Cheeses Save

I don't think your situation is in nearly the same realm as bending over and splitting the ass of your pants...which will always get a laugh.

I think IF anyone noticed (anyone with an ounce of sense and compassion that is) they would just emphasise with your plight and feel for you...I sure did while reading your post.

No worries.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #4
Hermione
monkey

aww i'm soo sorry beck. something similar happened to my mummy. she was at the doctors with my brother when one of the nurses came up to her and told her that she had started. i guess one of the chicks in the waiting room told the nurse and the nurse hunted down my mummy. my mummy was soo upset she came home in tears.

but now.. she looks back on it and is able to smile.

hugs and kisses to you beck
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
Zeismyhero
Happy just to dance w/you

Don't worry...Its gonna be OK...

Hello, Beautiful Beckstra...

Don't fret. It happened to me in the 7th grade, and I didn't realize until I got home and went to change into playclothes. Not to be gross, but I can totally understand how you couldn't tell especially if you are a pad person versus a 'pon person. Don't worry...its over and tomorrow is a new day.

Did your bro-in-law snag your key for you?

And congratulations on your new promotion! Believe me, even if you'd had to tell your new male boss...he undoubtedly has a woman somewhere in his life and would understand completely.

Take a deep breath and relax...
Zeismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
smellyrayzin
mrs. self destruct

eat some chocolate ice cream, it will make you feel better i promise

+ my website
+ my photo site
smellyrayzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 PM   #7
Avalon

Hey Beck..I am betting that the same thing has either happened to most of us, or something similar has made us panic.. Don't sweat it, hon. Tomorrow is another day and you are still your wonderful self. As has been stated, I am betting either no one saw; don't let this tiny blip on the radar screen get to you. Pretend it didn't happen!
*hugs*

Let us know how tomorrow goes! I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #8
lapietra
half baked

Have to agree - pretending nothing happened is the best bet. Even if anyone noticed, it won't be the ruler they judge you by - people get stuff on their pants all the time I sat on a banana on the bus the other day - someone noticed and let me know - I pulled the banana guts off my butt & said, "Just call me Bananapants!" Got a good laugh. I know it's not quite the same thing... but rest assured, you'll live it down.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:06 PM   #9
Sapphire
Hippy Chick

Many wise people here, beckstra! And if you're wondering why you reacted with such fear - it's "that time of the month," beck. All of your emotions and reactions are going to be a bit off. Let's face it, dealing with this is difficult enough - adding the emotional garbage that comes with that time of the month - it's a thing.

We're always sure that everyone else can see the things that we think are 'wrong with us,' because they are so noticeable to us. Most people are far too involved in themselves to notice what is going on with someone else. This includes me! I worked with a woman for two years and never noticed that she was going bald until one day she said something about trying some sort of new treatment regime. I was like, "Huh? For what?" It wasn't until she actually told me to really look at the crown of her head that I even realized she was losing her hair almost as quickly as my husband.

Children, however, notice everything. And they tease, point, snicker and laugh. We carry that with us for our entire lives - it was our experience as a child, ergo, we believe it will be our experience as an adult. Fortunately, it rarely is.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #10
jasmina
monkey

I feel for you!! My mum once pointed out a woman who just got off our bus - I was about seven, this woman very unfortunately was wearing a baby pink pencil skirt (curse of the '80's..) and my mum told me if that ever happened to me, just put my bag (purse in american!) behind me and if worst comes to worst, just laugh it off.
Don't feel bad, it happens to us all at some point! People are NOT laughing at you. Either they don't even notice, and even if they do, they don't care either way, or they have probably gone through the same thing in some way.
Go to work with your head held high and they will only think better of you!
jasmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:39 PM   #11
jasmina
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire
I worked with a woman for two years and never noticed that she was going bald until one day she said something about trying some sort of new treatment regime. I was like, "Huh? For what?" It wasn't until she actually told me to really look at the crown of her head that I even realized she was losing her hair almost as quickly as my husband.
On the same subject (ie baldness) - I went out with a guy for nearly 8 years (still great friends which is brilliant!) - when I first started seeing him he had all his hair, later as the years went by, he started losing it (his hair, that is...!) and I really really didn't notice until one day he told me that he literally felt like half the person he could be, because of this hair loss. I had no idea. Classic 'love is blind' situation - to me, he was the love of my life - with hair, without hair - it was still him! I didn't care - and didn't even notice. Anyway we split up a few years later - as I said, still friends (we talk on the phone pretty much every day even thoug he's in italy, I'm in England) - and he has now had a hair transplant..... I've yet to see how it's worked out. I didn't tink he needed it but if it makes him happy, then I hope it went well.
Becks - sorry for digressing but it's an example of how others really don't see what you think they see!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:47 AM   #12
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

I started a miscarriage at Tae Kwon Do. You know, white pyjama outfit. You get over these things.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:03 AM   #13
zenbabe
Lollypop!

^^^ ah shite..sorry that happened!!

Beck, don't worry, if they saw then they are grown up to know what is going on. It sucks and is embarrasing, but at least you didn't start your period while you where holed up at the astro dome with no tampons!!!

It really pisses me off that it costs me about $10 a month, just to bleed

I think this belongs in the girllie thread

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:36 AM   #14
jasmina
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbabe
^^^ ah shite..sorry that happened!!

Beck, don't worry, if they saw then they are grown up to know what is going on. It sucks and is embarrasing, but at least you didn't start your period while you where holed up at the astro dome with no tampons!!!

It really pisses me off that it costs me about $10 a month, just to bleed

I think this belongs in the girllie thread
Oh jeez don't get me started - at least here in the UK sanitary products are categorised as 'luxury goods' - what, like there's another option???? Like, what, Nappies?? (to US people - translates as Diapers!) (Personally I think they should be free. And they're TAXED!!! (UK at least). Condoms are free. But not tampons... errr.. how is that correct?? I'm lucky enough to be able to afford them - but not everyone is. It's not a choice. It's a physical 'thing'. So I can go to my local family planning clinic and get free condoms - but not free tampons.... Uh huh. That SO makes sense to me.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:40 AM   #15
Hermione
monkey

are you better now beck?
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: