ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2003, 07:21 AM   #1
Blue Cat

-

Our wedding photo was gone! In it's place was her wedding ring ... and an envelope. I picked it up.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

Our wedding photo was gone! In it's place was her wedding ring ... and an envelope. I picked it up. The wedding ring, that is. I rolled it between my thumb and forefinger, staring through the empty hole its circle created. Through it I saw the unsealed envelope, the last thing that remained of our brief union.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:09 PM   #3
moel

Our wedding photo was gone! In it's place was her wedding ring ... and an envelope. I picked it up. The wedding ring, that is. I rolled it between my thumb and forefinger, staring through the empty hole its circle created. Through it I saw the unsealed envelope, the last thing that remained of our brief union.

I could have opened it right then, standing there. It could be over. I could have thrown it away, unopened and lost. Instead, when I was ready, I picked up the envelope and tossed it under my pillow.
moel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 12:51 PM   #4
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

I could have opened it right then, standing there. It could be over. I could have thrown it away, unopened and lost. Instead, when I was ready, I picked up the envelope and tossed it under my pillow.

The afternoon sun peered through the white curtains, a ghost enveloping the room. I fell prey to its soft weight and sunk slowly onto the bed, letting my head press heavily into the pillow. I dreamt.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 04:54 PM   #5
simedog
makes ya think, don't it?

The afternoon sun peered through the white curtains, a ghost enveloping the room. I fell prey to its soft weight and sunk slowly onto the bed, letting my head press heavily into the pillow. I dreamt.

I was standing in a large meadow, surrounded by large yellow sunflowers. The sky had taken a purple tint, and the clouds were swirling in a circular pattern. I heard a faint voice off in the distance...
baby's in Reno with the vitamin D

simon
simedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:57 PM   #6
moel

I was standing in a large meadow, surrounded by large yellow sunflowers. The sky had taken a purple tint, and the clouds were swirling in a circular pattern. I heard a faint voice off in the distance...

"Come, follow me." spoke a voice I couldn't place.
"Where?" I asked, to no one, in a voice I never knew.
"I'm sorry." was the last I heard of the shapeless voice. Or was it mine?
Old 06-29-2003, 09:31 PM   #7
simedog
makes ya think, don't it?

Slowly illusion slipped back into reality, and i realized i had falled asleep with all my clothes on. Massaging the crick in my neck, I sat up carefully. I needed to talk to Karen, find out what was going on.
baby's in Reno with the vitamin D

simon
simedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:50 PM   #8
moel

Slowly illusion slipped back into reality, and i realized i had falled asleep with all my clothes on. Massaging the crick in my neck, I sat up carefully. I needed to talk to Karen, find out what was going on.

Moving faster then I could think, I was up and running. I didn't even feel the pain in my neck as my view suddenly turned form the door to the grape juice stain on the carpet. Now standing there, I lost my thought, I lost myself. Why did i get so upset at her? It was just a carpet, and the day had been so good.

Last edited by moel : 07-03-2003 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:41 PM   #9
Gareon
monkey

r wedding photo was gone! In it's place was her wedding ring ... and an envelope. I picked it up. The wedding ring, that is. I rolled it between my thumb and forefinger, staring through the empty hole its circle created. Through it I saw the unsealed envelope, the last thing that remained of our brief union.

Moving faster then I could think, I was up and running. I didn't even feel the pain in my neck as my view suddenly turned form the door to the grape juice stain on the carpet. Now standing there, I lost my thought, I lost myself. Why did i get so upset at her? It was just a carpet, and the day had been so good.

Here once again was Regret, poisoning every moment, seeping through every instant of my existence like blood poisoning. Passion, I'd called my rages once; lust for life, I'd explained it away. Yet to know you were subject to a delusion concerning your own inability to control yourself was the surest sign of a total lack of self control in the first place.
Gareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 04:16 PM   #10
moel

Here once again was Regret, poisoning every moment, seeping through every instant of my existence like blood poisoning. Passion, I'd called my rages once; lust for life, I'd explained it away. Yet to know you were subject to a delusion concerning your own inability to control yourself was the surest sign of a total lack of self control in the first place.

What have I done? I could lie to myself, I was aware, but did I always know when? I had a feeling I was much deeper then I knew, or ever dreamed. And where was she?
Old 08-24-2003, 05:48 AM   #11
rapscalious rob

What have I done? I could lie to myself, I was aware, but did I always know when? I had a feeling I was much deeper then I knew, or ever dreamed. And where was she?

I decided to go to the kitchen and sort things out. I put a pot on the stove to boil water for the pasta, and turned on the radio. South American flute music and drums filled the air, and I sat at the table, lost in the music and the memories of nights he and I spent listening to this station. The water was boiling, so I put the pasta in the pot and remembered the familiar rituals he and I had togther and that, now that they are gone, I wistfully wanted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: