ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2003, 10:32 PM   #16
malina
leaving

Re: Questions for a rainy New York day

.........you really know how to pick them, nyc!

1. You did something, and you've just been caught! What did you do?

i usually apologize..... ( assuming it was something bad ) ( which it usually was )

2. Do you believe that music should be free on the Internet, or do you think it's wrong and stealing?

i think the record companies are doing the stealing - internet music should be FREE

3. How would you describe your politics? Left, right, middle?

a-political

4. You're dating the perfect person, but they have a tremendous flaw -- what's the deal breaker for you in a relationship?

that depends on the person; general rule: i can't tolerate betrayal

5. It's Sunday, typically a recover-from-the-weekend-lazy-day ... describe your typical Sunday.

laundry laundry laundry

6. Everyone has some artistic talent ... what's yours?

i'm not judging that one

7. If you could go either back in time or forward in time to witness a momentous event, what would you choose and why?

i would go forward in time as far as possible to witness anything... (i'm curious!)

8. It's pouring rain and you come up to a bus stop. Standing there is a really good old friend you haven't seen in a decade, the woman/man of your dreams, and an elderly woman who seems to be in medical distress and needs to go to a hospital. You're driving a two seater car, and can only take one passenger ... what do you do?

the sick woman of course

9. What's in your CD player right now?

i don't have one

10. You are given a glimpse of yourself in the future and you see that you've made some poor choices along the way. Do you resolve to correct those mistakes or do you leave them as is? And why?

depends on the mistake and the people involved

11. Are you superstitious? If so, what about? If not, why not?

no (realist)

12. What's the last thing that made you smile?

reading some of the answers to this post
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 02:07 AM   #17
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Well, these are some pretty interesting questions.

Questions for a rainy New York day
It's been a while, thought I'd drop a few Q's....

I'm taking the proverbial Fifth.

2. Do you believe that music should be free on the Internet, or do you think it's wrong and stealing?

I think the only hope the so-called music industry has is to embrace what the Internet can give to them that they can't seem to get without it.

I would describe them tiredly, because I would have to be confined and tortured for long periods before I described my politics to anyone I am not married to.

4. You're dating the perfect person, but they have a tremendous flaw -- what's the deal breaker for you in a relationship?

The willingness to swindle anyone, including insurance companies, the cruel and deserving, and "the government."

5. It's Sunday, typically a recover-from-the-weekend-lazy-day ... describe your typical Sunday.

A day of chores and intellectual relaxation.

The ability to articulate the big picture.

7. If you could go either back in time or forward in time to witness a momentous event, what would you choose and why?

Back in time to JFK's assassination, because I could sure settle a lot of arguments when I got back.

8. It's pouring rain and you come up to a bus stop. Standing there is a really good old friend you haven't seen in a decade, the woman/man of your dreams, and an elderly woman who seems to be in medical distress and needs to go to a hospital. You're driving a two seater car, and can only take one passenger ... what do you do?

The elderly woman, though I'd be pretty annoyed with her.

Rainy Day Music by The Jayhawks

10. You are given a glimpse of yourself in the future and you see that you've made some poor choices along the way. Do you resolve to correct those mistakes or do you leave them as is? And why?

I'm too busy being amazed and relieved that I am going to live any foreseeable distance into the future to get much beyond that.

I am not superstitious now, though I have been in the past when life has been more difficult.

Listening to my spouse rant.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:54 AM   #18
azur
over the rainbow!

I ate half of a bread (I'm on diet...).
2. Do you believe that music should be free on the Internet, or do you think it's wrong and stealing?Free! I could accept to pay like 5$ for a CD. Prices in shops - this is stealing!
center- left (in this game you once linked, I was NY Times democracy)
Lies, lack of tolerance, dirty teeth, someone obducted by aliens.
Yesterday: Lazy breakfast. Going otside the city - long walk in the woods. Back in town - 2-3 hours in the pub with friends.
I hope I have, I'm a painter (hello Unsound!). This is one of my recent works:

I would be back to save a very close person from serious injury he suffered when we even didn't known each other.
8. It's pouring rain and you come up to a bus stop. Standing there is a really good old friend you haven't seen in a decade, the woman/man of your dreams, and an elderly woman who seems to be in medical distress and needs to go to a hospital. You're driving a two seater car, and can only take one passenger ... what do you do? Take old lady with me, leave my telephone number to the two other people.
Copy of new Macy Gray album.
I'll answer this one in the future. Now I wolud live everything the way it is.
I am even if it's stupid. Malocchio - bad glare (I cross my fingers). And somewhere deep I believe that all good or bad acts I commit will be back to me somehow.
My husband.
13. If you were arrested, what crime would you have commited?
I hate drivers who pass the crossing when there are people walking on - I wish sometimes to catch them up and push with my car till they are scared just the same as old ladys on the crossing.
14. If they gave you one phone call in jail, who would you call?
My husband
15. If a huge muscled guy pushed you aside as he entered the cell, what would you do?
Stand aside
14.If a hot woman/man entered the cell, what pick-up line, if any, would you use?
Hi.

Last edited by azur : 05-26-2003 at 04:07 AM.
azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:08 AM   #19
Frieda
in limbo

none of your business!

as long as cds cost 20-25 euros, i'm downloading my music.

left

lies, lies, lies. if someone really trusts me, lies are not necessary.

a croissant breakfast at 3.30 pm, watching dvds, smoking off the hangover

i haven't found it yet, are you sure everyone has one?

i'd like to see my grandfather in the roaring 20-ies.

i'd call an ambulance for the old lady, i'm not sure what else i'd do.

"original pirate material" by The Streets

i won't correct those mistakes, never mess with the timeline. i will apologise.

black birds on doorways or fences, never walk under a ladder.

this thread

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:56 PM   #20
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

1.If you were arrested, what crime would you have commited?

Walking my dog in the park.

2.If they gave you one phone call in jail, who would you call?

My parole officer. hahahaha j/k

3.If a huge muscled guy pushed you aside as he entered the cell, what would you do?

Be glad he didn't grab me around the neck & make me his bitch.

4.If a hot woman/man entered the cell, what pick-up line, if any, would you use?

Come here often?
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:59 PM   #21
azur
over the rainbow!

thanks a lot nycwriters !
azur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:26 AM   #22
chuckie egg
a peach

I farted

hmm... its nice that its free, but not for the bands

Middle

Trust

Arrive at church with a hangover.
Bacon butties (sandwiches) for lunch
Either walking, tv, or cinema in the afternoon
Tea (dinner)
Church again, I'm singing
Either pub or youth group

Painting, singing, drumming

I'd go back and meet JC

Drive past HAH!

Moby - Play

I wouldnt worry, I dont know what styles will be in fashion then! And I trust my future self!

No way... bunch of balls

A cuddle

Last edited by chuckie egg : 05-27-2003 at 08:40 AM.
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:39 AM   #23
RuneT
baaaaah?

I left dirty socks and underwear on the bedroom floor.

I want to buy the right for the music, not the rights for a single crappy media.

Right and left.

Hard to tell. Then the person wouldn't be perfect. I don't like lying and unintelligent or uninterresting people.

Sleep. Rest. Food. Friends/Cinema.

I SING!

back in time to smell the breath of a dinosaur.

I would stop, help and call 911.

I correct my mistakes to get a better life.

No, I greet people as a possible friend. Every time. If they fwk me I'm their loss.

New colour in the kitchen.

RuneT, respect!!
RuneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:46 AM   #24
bealeblues
where's my salt?

probably acted like a jackass

while i understand the whole intellectual property argument, i still think it should be free b/c overall i believe it probably makes more money for the artist in the end anyway

more to the right

anything and everything-- i am notorious for breaking off relationships for even the most trivial things, very seinfeld-esque

sleep. lots of sleep. or watching football in between sleep

radio quality voice, if anything

probably would go watch The Doors at the Whiskey in the early years, just to experience it for myself

take the elderly lady-- i do have something of a conscience-- besides, i would probably break up with the girl w/in 6 weeks anyway because she didn't like baseball or something

a pink floyd collection of songs

i would correct them if i could-- all that 'learning from your mistakes' is overrated

not superstitious much, except when it comes to sports

my daughter, as usual
Old 05-27-2003, 10:51 AM   #25
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

playing on the internet while working

Kazaa GOOD

free

narrow-mindedness

sleep, cartoons, lunch, indy films all day, lately it's been dinner at the folks'

um, little bit of lots

probably go and see the Beatles...

the elderly person to the hospital, duh.

Microsoft MapPoint 2000

make the changes

yes, black cats, salt, pennies

hmm... not sure

Last edited by Deviate : 05-27-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:07 AM   #26
Red Princess
thread soiler

Quote:
Originally posted by nycwriters
i had my hand ...somewhere you don't put it when people are looking

not free, people shjould be paid for their work.
p.s. go check out the apple website

used to be left, got more left, threw up may hands in disgust and went libertarian

if he hit me i would have to kill him and then i would go to jail , that would pretty much end it

read the paper, work in the yard, take a long hot bath, then a nap. clean something, become stupid in front of the tv

i make quilts, i make books (handmade books) i embroider on my clothes, sometimes i make clothes, i make computer art with illustrator and photoshop, i make bead jewelry.

go back in time to when they built stonehenge, curiosity

call 911 on my cell phone, wait for paramdedics for old lady, take friend away in car

Mozart

how bad did i turn out?

no

ponytail guy #1 told me a big fat funny lie knowing that i would know it was a lie.

Old 05-27-2003, 11:36 AM   #27
meredila

Probably speeding. (I was just caught recently. Damn.)

I think that the availability of free music on the internet is important for people to discover new artists. I know not everyone does it, but once I decide that I really like an artist (especially if they're lesser known and therefore less wealthy), I go out and buy the cd.

My family would like to say that I'm liberal, but I'm more apolitical. I go for the Green.

It really would have to depend on the person. There are certain things that one person can do and it does nothing, but other people... no. It would perhaps be along the lines of mistreating a pet. You can tell a lot about people by how they treat a creature that is dependant on them.

Go to church to make my mother happy and then putt around for the rest of the day. 8pm is The Simpsons.

I can crochet and play the cello. Second graders think that I can draw wonderfully.

Back in time to the 50's/60's. I want to see Elvis (sans final sammich), the Beatles at the beginning of their career, and the Doors. Hell, I'd go back just to see concerts 7 days a week.

The woman would go to the hospital. I might have the foresight to give the other two my phone number.

Rufus Wainwright "Poses" (It's wonderful-- I highly reccomend it.)

I would try to correct them, but I firmly beleive that every choice affects you in some way, whether good or bad. You have to be careful about change.

I look at superstitions, but don't really believe in them. It's much like astrology-- I look for parallels, but don't place myself under its complete power.

The dog snoring and dreaming

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"...the smile on your mouth was the deadest thing/ alive enough to have strength to die..."
--Thomas Hardy "Neutral Tones"
meredila is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: