ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #1111
Frieda
in limbo

dudes,

how can you say you're building a team by giving feedback about behavior that you don't like? team building is about saying "i'm there for you" and "what can i do to help you with your issues".

boy, that meeting really pissed me off. you set up a meeting, make a rule that says "everybody say how they feel and nobody argue, just listen" and next thing that happens is you flinging poo? and you make the rules, so nobody can fling some back at you.

that's one of the reasons why this environment does not feel safe. clean out your own litterbox first before you accuse others of being unprofessional.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:26 AM   #1112
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Hfox

wine?

Hfox
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:06 AM   #1113
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Dear A,

You aren't to know but "get over it" is a particularly bad choice of words to use on me. I'm sorry your husband's cousin died in the WTC. I'm glad my husband's cousin didn't (though I'm sure that his contribution to the punk rock scene ceased to have much relevance after about 1979). But I digress. I mean to just say it's not helpful. If I could get over it, I'd be over it. Thanks for reminding me once again why I don't discuss personal issues with people I don't know really, really, really, really, really well or through internet message boards.

Snake
Old 03-12-2007, 12:15 AM   #1114
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Dear IS people (and I use the term loosely):

CAN YOU FIND YOUR ****ING ASS WITH BOTH ****ING HANDS ON A GOOD ****ING DAY?

Just wondering. You know, I wasn't mad when I had to make four phone calls of increasing intensity on a Friday before a long weekend, pointing out that the unit clerk was going to have to SHUT THE UNIT DOWN, and that she COULDN'T DISCHARGE PEOPLE WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SEE THEM ON A MONITOR, before the monitor was delivered just in time to make her good and late going home. I wasn't mad, because she's a kind and sweet person, and I have the means to make it up to her one day, and hey, sometimes people get held up.

I wasn't mad the other Monday, either, when the housekeeper managed to destroy my CPU over the weekend (cleaning vigorously, one presumes) and it took until 1400 for Mr. Bumptious to get his ass over there and get me straightened out. Because, you see, it was kind of ****ING ENTERTAINING to see how people performed office jobs back in the 1940s, say, when all they had was papers and one another to talk to.

I wasn't even mad when I responded like a good little spit-when-you-say-user and did the whole extra daylight savings time patch routine with you as directed in email, only to find that the "patch" put not just the weeks of the time change out of synch, but MY ENTIRE CALENDAR FOR THE YEAR. Even though I had to call back and go through your whole rigamarole AGAIN in order to have you say, "Oh, ALL the appointments are out." "YES, JUST AS I SAID," I confirmed, "ALL THE APPOINTMENTS ARE OUT FOR THE YEAR!" Thinking all the while, "NO SHIT YOU DIPSHITTY SHIT FOR BRAINS!!"

But now I must confess I am, well, a little annoyed. Especially after checking my calendar remotely and finding ENTIRE ****ING PAGES MISSING, and some appointments out by an hour, and some out INEXPLICABLY BY TWO ****ING HOURS. Those are the ones I can remember, that is. Because there are not just pages missing, but recurring appointments missing, and for all I ****ING KNOW THE KOHINOOR ****ING DIAMOND IS IN THERE.

So I'm a little annoyed. Maybe you could fix it.

Regards,
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #1115
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina

"NO SHIT YOU DIPSHITTY SHIT FOR BRAINS!!"

So I'm a little annoyed. Maybe you could fix it.

Regards,
HEH!!! DIPSHIT is one of my favorite words!!!
Jack Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:15 AM   #1116
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

I can't say that "favourite" was where I was really at with that...
Old 03-12-2007, 01:51 AM   #1117
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flanders
HEH!!! DIPSHIT is one of my favorite words!!!
I meant it in a mad - bad way. (And when someone I know is being really stoopid.) ...So, it's like the f word and can be used many ways.

Last edited by Jack Flanders : 03-12-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 AM   #1118
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flanders
I meant it in a mad - bad way. (And when someone I know is being really stoopid.) ...So, it's like the f word and can be used many ways.
Sorry.

Dear IS,

Go to Hell.

Regards, A friend of someone who's really f***ing pissed-off at you.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #1119
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Dear Jack,

Thank you for rising to my defense. The annoyance is already well burned off and I am busily crafting my missed-appointment calendar excuses. IS will give me a backup of my old calendar, but hopefully not before I've missed an Emergency Preparedness meeting. Pardon my unappealing temper tantrum. I blame the Crab Nebula, and more available hormones than I've had in months.

Prosit!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #1120
Odbe
hope dope

Dear everyone,

If I were more awake right now I would fill this letter with heartfelt words. As it is, I hope my brevity will express the absolute... the total.... geez, I can't even begin. Just....
Goodbye, Earth.

Odbe
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #1121
Brynn
constantly amazed

Dear Odbe -
Is that letter helping to get you through the day so far? I hope it helps get you through the day. Fortunately, this particular day is guaranteed to end relatively soon. You can always say goodbye tomorrow if you really want to. Good luck!
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 AM   #1122
Odbe
hope dope

Dear Brynn,

Just in case you misinterpreted my letter as being in some way indicative of a suicidal nature, let me assure you this is not the case. I say goodbye to Earth only. You wouldn't believe the martinis they have on Pluto.
Regards,

Odbe
Odbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #1123
Brynn
constantly amazed

I am relieved to hear that. Some days when I'm out on the ledge, I'm usually just so surprised and pleased to find visitors I can't contain myself.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #1124
lostsadie
Pigmy person...

Dear Sirs and Madams,

I am writing this letter to request a first class ticket to Pluto, when ever available. I feel that I am a prime candidate for Pluto explorations.

Firstly, Pluto and I have a few things in common. We both are small compared to our counterparts and we are also "way out there". Next, I sympathize with Pluto, as it has been rudely deprived of it's Planet status.Thus, I fear for my own Status as a "Human", will they next say that you have to be so tall to be considered "human"? Already, I am considered too short to not sit in car seat in a neighboring state and fear for my life at the thought of my airbag deployment. Pluto sounds much safer, and I am sure we will get along well.

Following you will find Quotations from a rather gifted although dead writer, who seems to be able to capture my feelings on "humans" and "Planet Earth". I hope that you will find the following quotes to prove yet again that this planet and the humans on it make no sense whatsoever.

"This planet (Earth) has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy."
~Douglas Adams

"It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars and so on -- whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man -- for precisely the same reasons."
~Douglas Adams

Please reserve a seat for me on your next flight, or on second thought I don't mind if I have to hide in a piece of luggage. Beam me up. Pack me up, whatever is necessary.

With all sincerity,

Lost Sadie
Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #1125
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

(You just want a martini!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: