ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2007, 02:27 AM   #16
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

confusion

Sherry was smiling, but Rae knew she was going to be mocked even though the smile looked open and friendly. There was no other reason, because Sherry didn't talk to Rae. Rae didn’t begrudge her. Something about the way she responded so eagerly made people stop talking to her. She tried to be better.

“Do you really want it?” Sherry held out the poster at arms’ length.

“Sure!” Wide eyed and feeling her face redden, Rae stuffed it into her portfolio. Sherry looked away quickly and got her stuff together. There was nothing else Rae could think of to say.

next: rotten
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #17
zero
ª ★ ª

the train had stopped. we were out on the wide dark of rannoch moor, scanning numberless stars for albireo. the driver sat in his cab with worry beads. so our heads were tipped to the sky when we smelled the stink crossing the river of railtrack that ran to achnasheen; the animal had gone by then and our minds half away in pursuit before i told you what it was: haggis of the trossachs, boar-snouted and quick as the wind, vanishing into a legend of moorland and heather that stayed in our heads for days, while the stars burned out.

next: mirage
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #18
Master_Jedi
Shaggy

mirage

As he walked through the desert he realized his life was not so great. Sometimes he had wished he could just get away. Now he had his moment and he was lost in his dehydrating thoughts. Oh, how he wished he could get some water. His mental oasis was transformed into reality, and as he bent down to drink from the water. He had an epiphany. He was losing his mind. The mirages were becoming frequent, and he realized, he could control everything. A dream, of course, he was in a matrix. Now where the hell is that red pill.

weddings

Can't wait till next season. =D
Master_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #19
Jaime
Gone Daydreaming

Weddings

Her reflection offered a weak smile that didn’t reach her eyes. She smoothed her hair and checked her make-up, looking for some reason to stall. She put on yet another layer of lipstick and wondered if anyone would miss her if she left early. There were three other bridesmaids scattered throughout the room. Nobody would notice if there were one less orange gown amongst them.

She just couldn’t stand pretending to be happy for them any longer. She left the bathroom and quickly made a break for it. God, I hate weddings, she thought to herself as she drove away.

Next: Villains
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #20
Brynn
constantly amazed

Villains

The kid sat in court, aware of the cameras. He'd claimed that the older boy had done most of it - the paint, the matches, turning on the oven. He'd only watched, he said. A veterinarian was on the stand now. Squirming in her lap was an adorable puppy. Keeping her eyes in a small triangle between the puppy, the prosecutor, and the jury, she demonstrated how impossible it would be to hogtie it without help, using a softer ace bandage instead of duct tape.
He hadn't expected the dog to pee all over him. He should have tossed the clothes.

fullness

Last edited by Brynn : 05-14-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:56 AM   #21
T.I.P.
balancing actor

Flooding his mind were images of that balmy moonlit night in early May where they had told each other their life stories, chasing fireflies beside the babbling brook under the boughs of the weeping willows, while the whippoorwills sang their lonesome homages to souls departing and the wind whispered tales of faraway lands. How beautiful she was, her face lit up with a glow that outshone the reflection of the moon on the water, filling his heart with a sense of being that he had never felt before.

She was gone now, and Andrew reached for another leg of chicken.

next theme: tragic flaw
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #22
Veruki
hint of olive

tragic flaw

The picture smiled at him, a reflection of himself as a boy; a youth he’d never know.
Patience is a virtue, a virtue Rosie didn’t have.
He gulped his whisky.
He loved her, but he wanted things done right. A good job doesn’t spring up overnight.
He filled his glass, gulped, refilled.

I’m a good, hard worker, he thought, I wanted to give her the world.

The picture came today; a note was attached but no return address:
“This is your son. We’re fine”
He always put her needs first, he forgot about their wants.

He should have been selfish.

next theme: egotistical
Old 06-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #23
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

And here it was, starting again. She wanted him to leave, and he’d have nowhere else to go. How could people be so inconsiderate? How could anyone treat him this way again? His vision blurred. Sure, maybe his temper had been a little on edge. You could say that about plenty of people! But once again the focus was on him, always him. Couldn’t he catch a break just once? Didn’t people understand what he’d been going through for the past few months? It was amazing that he’d held up as well as he had, really. He turned to her.

Next: gentle
Old 06-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #24
shishcawho
Shish

Damn it! he cried, well not exactly. You see, he decided to lick the frost off the light post again, so it sounded more "bamb ip". The firefighters soon arrived to help the man remove himself from his predicament. The kids had gathered around by this time and were just pointing and laughing. As the firefighters pulled, everyone heard a cry of "GENTLE!!!!" come out of the man's mouth. Although it sounded a bit different...

Next: Fury
shishcawho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:38 AM   #25
Jaime
Gone Daydreaming

Fury

Tears stung his eyes, but he wouldn't wipe them away.

"How could she?" he hissed, watching as she sauntered away, her arm around the other man's waist.

He sneered and stalked off in the other direction.

"How could I be so stupid?" he muttered as he turned a corner. As he walked his foot hit a garbage can and he stumbled. Without thinking, he picked the can up over his head and hurled it against a wall.

Unsatisfied with the crash, he kept walking. Faster this time, his breath ragged and his eyes burning, looking for something bigger to throw.

Next: Pillows
Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #26
zero
ª ★ ª

i wake in darkness. the dream evaporates before i can grasp the details - something about you being there in the absolute quiet of my home when i first turn the key. then when i flick the switch everything that loves an empty room - dust mote, angel, hourglass, shadow-play - settles and disappears. so it turns out that what we thought of as soul is mostly sound; not song, but like a memory of birds or running water, the flicker and dip of an oar, a cry on the wind that might be nothing, peregrine heart, footfall, leaf-fall, silence.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #27
Master_Jedi
Shaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
i wake in darkness. the dream evaporates before i can grasp the details - something about you being there in the absolute quiet of my home when i first turn the key. then when i flick the switch everything that loves an empty room - dust mote, angel, hourglass, shadow-play - settles and disappears. so it turns out that what we thought of as soul is mostly sound; not song, but like a memory of birds or running water, the flicker and dip of an oar, a cry on the wind that might be nothing, peregrine heart, footfall, leaf-fall, silence.
new topic??

Old 07-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #28
zero
ª ★ ª

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Jedi View Post
new topic??
you decide
Old 07-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #29
Master_Jedi
Shaggy

Solitude

Deep in the forest, there was a sound. What was it? Why couldn't he place it. He's lived in solitude for 3 years. Never has he heard this sound. He must find it out. As he walked towards the sound it became clearer. It was familiar. Like the sound of, human voice? Maybe, it seems as if it was a female. Perhaps she was in trouble. He moved faster. He hadn't spoken to a human in years. As he ran the sound turned into a shrill shreak. He tripped on a vine. No, was he too late?

Of course he was.

(ya bad ending, shut up)

next:

Disease

Old 07-03-2007, 02:05 AM   #30
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

The days went by, all the same or all mostly the same. And what worried her from time to time was not so much that she had accepted it, but that she had long ago stopped wanting anything else. But more and more the worry was quiet, and there was eating, sleeping, and simply waiting for when it would stop. When things were so quiet in her room that the air seemed to hiss with silence, she imagined everything overlaid with a sort of white noise, gently gathering in on her from the edges until the day she became it.

choose your own

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: