ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #3721
Brynn
constantly amazed

Could everyone please send Marcus a pm to let him know the good news?

After dddavio confirms this, of course. With all due respect. I'm so grateful to those who notified me, but really, I do believe that we need to follow protocol.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #3722
Coffee
Cheeses Save

I believe you are jumping the gun. I suspect DDD got winded, or cramps, or bored..and will continue judging sooner, or later.

ex:

"Judging in Progress

It'll be a bit longer..."

althought taken out of context (ignoring the bite/chew thingy which seemed actually contextless....so no worries), seems to imply that the jig is not yet up.

give it a minute or two before you alarm Marcus.

*pops corn*
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #3723
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Could someone pm brynn to let her know she needs to pm me if she wants me to pm marcus? Also could someone pm me not to pm anyone about not sending any pms to anyone? thanks.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #3724
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

What are you talking about? Run while you still can!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #3725
Brynn
constantly amazed

maybe this is the point where we need to tell ddd what an amazing job of judging he's done so far, and to encourage him to keep on judging for as long as possible because the out come is really important, especially if some truly brilliant entries have been inadvertently overlooked - entries that took some real effort to compose, not to mention read.
and please pm Hfox for any and all reasons whatsoever so I can go post about how full his box is when it becomes impossible to privately inform him that the baby is his.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #3726
kaskeens

knowing the DDD on a personal level, I truly believe that he did not become winded by any means, he does seem to go off on lost tangents quite often, but you really can't blame a man of his age for that. Everyone one knows as you get up in years the patterns of brain activity usually take you away on your own little mental vacations.
kaskeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #3727
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
My husband used to be an attorney ... Upon closer inspection of what's up there so far, it does strongly appear to be Marcus who is the winner. Ysa Pur was in a spotlight, so to speak, and then he mentioned Marcus - again - and told him to stand in Ysa Pur's place. And then told us to take it from there.
It's no wonder your purported husband is no longer a practicing attorney if that lame inanity is the best he can do interpreting the clear meaning of a judge's ruling.

The reference to standing in Ysa's place is clearly to the two-definition situation, and not to the winner of the round, which is clearly Brynn. Even the twisty minds of the legal profession -- and the former legal profession -- are going to have a hard time trying to say that the large-font "Brynn Wins!" means that someone else wins.

It's you, Brynn -- your sinuous wriggling to get out from under is nearly as indecent as it is arousing, in spite of the claim of a lurking husband -- so, what's the new word?

Last edited by Marcus Bales : 07-17-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Marcus Bales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #3728
Hyakujo's Fox
left hanging

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales View Post
Even the twisty minds of the legal profession -- and the former legal profession -- are going to have a hard time trying to say that the large-font "Brynn Wins!" means that someone else wins.
I've seen enough Law and Order to know that the guilty party is never the person that it's first made out to be.
Hyakujo's Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #3729
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

Oh, I'm sorry. I must be in the wrong thread. I thought this was the Dictionary Game.

Would somebody please PM me as soon as this thread has a new needle attached to it. I am going off to visit an old ex-attorney friend of mine (formerly the Sodalicitor General) who is currently working behind the scenes on a merger between Victoria's Secret and LL Bean. He claims the smart money in the future will be in Goretex thongs and a new line of see-through products for no-see-ums.
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #3730
dddrum
Amateur Human

Ladies and gerntlemens, if you would kindly scroll back and behold post #3718, you will see the true result of this round. I apologize for the many delays. There were connectivity problems, and some more serious problems I won't harsh everyone's mellow with right now. Anyhow, I hope the results are as much fun for you to read as they were for me to write. Hugs, everybody? I love you all. And I loooooooooove the Ze board!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #3731
kaskeens

seeing as how i have so luckily been bestowed the winning title so soon after my return to the board, I don't want to dilly dally or keep anyone waiting for too long so Your next word is:

ABLIGURITION

Good luck to all!!!
kaskeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #3732
treekisser
It isn't easy being green

ABLIGURITION n. the ability to perform two or more extremely difficult and completely unrelated tasks simultaneously and in an excessively ostentatious manner; flamboyant multi-tasking

Once an unrecognized word heard almost exclusively at spelling bees, abligurition became an overnight sensation when MIT student Luther Hotchkiss laced up his gravitybusters and posted a video on Youtube of himself leaping over tall buildings in a single bound while conjugating irregular Latin verbs.
treekisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #3733
Brynn
constantly amazed

^ this should win

And thank you Kaskeens. Congratulations! I'm certain Marcus is really relieved not to have to judge.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #3734
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
abligurition - sniveling and whingeing

Brynn's abligurition in the kerfluffle over her award of winner in the last round of The Dictionary Game was Nixonian in its amplitude and frequency.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #3735
dddrum
Amateur Human

abligurition - a shameful omission.

dddrum's largest abligurition was in keeping YsaPur and treekisser standing for days over next to the Dramatic Lighting Effect, without letting them know that they had been selected as second and first runners-up, respectively. [cue confetti]

Last edited by dddrum : 07-18-2009 at 07:24 PM.
dddrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: