ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #16
Large Marge
monkey

A sure-fire cure to get your little pup to stop chewing the furniture: dab the corners with a bit of dish soap.

I tried all kinds of things. I used that Bitter Apple spray, but my dog thought that meant she was SUPPOSED to eat it. The only thing that kept her from chewing my furniture was to put a bit of dish soap on all the ends of things.

And after a day or two it's not sticky anymore, and it won't discolor your wood and just wipes right off if you need to.

It worked fast. She hasn't chewed on my furniture (or baseboards!) since.

Good luck.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
Anna
n

Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #18
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
A sure-fire cure to get your little pup to stop chewing the furniture: dab the corners with a bit of dish soap.

I tried all kinds of things. I used that Bitter Apple spray, but my dog thought that meant she was SUPPOSED to eat it. The only thing that kept her from chewing my furniture was to put a bit of dish soap on all the ends of things.

And after a day or two it's not sticky anymore, and it won't discolor your wood and just wipes right off if you need to.

Good luck.
I am going to try that. She loves the bitter apple, bitter lime, loves hot sauce. I will try the dish soap.
Klynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:12 AM   #19
Klynne
monkey

I even tasted the bitter apple and bitter lime, I hated it. It was like a fine culinary thing for her.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #20
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post

Good luck.
Dish soap has worked like a charm! Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #21
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
This has to be the cutest thing ever!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #22
Large Marge
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Dish soap has worked like a charm! Thanks for the advice.
Yay! I'm glad it worked. My puppy ate 5 pieces of my furniture before I thought of the dish soap. :-(
Old 11-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #23
Klynne
monkey

Now I have to get her spayed! It is time. My boyfriend and I are wringing our hands over this. I am really worried. It is just because she is only six pounds, that I worry. I like her vet, but I want to quetion the hell out of her...Questions that come to mind, "How many toy dogs have you spayed, what are the drugs you will be using?" etc, etc. Thank God I have never had children, I would be a wreck....I know she is only a dog, I am amazed how much I care about her.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:20 AM   #24
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Now I have to get her spayed! It is time. My boyfriend and I are wringing our hands over this. I am really worried. It is just because she is only six pounds, that I worry. I like her vet, but I want to quetion the hell out of her...Questions that come to mind, "How many toy dogs have you spayed, what are the drugs you will be using?" etc, etc. Thank God I have never had children, I would be a wreck....I know she is only a dog, I am amazed how much I care about her.
K, you don't need to rationalize. People who say, "It's only a dog" do not & might not ever understand.

Also, ask away that is what the vet is for! If it were a pediatrician you would ask those questions. If it were someone coming to clean your carpets, you would ask questions. Go for it!

We are still waiting on pictures....
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #25
Frieda
in limbo

yes, dammit, we are desperately awaiting your cute little puppy pics!!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #26
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

She thinks we are going to forget...about the pictures. Well, we aren't, are we?
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #27
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceyfatprude View Post
She thinks we are going to forget...about the pictures. Well, we aren't, are we?

You will get pictures, I promise. I am just so stupid. I don't know how to transfer the pictures from my phone to the computer. PM me your phone number and I will send you some pics. I am going through a sick cat problem now. Very expensive had to take Fred to the emergency vet clinic today and no definitive answers. They told me he was fine, but he is still acting very strangely. He is still throwing up, and won't eat or drink. I think it has been brought on since I gave him his latest dose of Vectra. The other animals were fine, but he was foaming at the mouth this morning which freaked me out. The emergency vet cost me $139 dollars today. Oh well. I have to check on him again. I wil take him to his regular vet tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #28
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^!!! I had a cat that developed an allergy to topical pest medicine and had the SAME response. The vet told me to wash it off of him with Dawn dish detergent...it'll cut the oil better than regular pet shampoo...and then never use it again. I switched to a flea collar for him, and then he was okay. The vet said it was a serious reaction and could have worsened if it wasn't washed off...could have caused intestinal bleeding, I remember.

Good luck to your kitty.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:24 AM   #29
Klynne
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightpearl View Post
^!!! I had a cat that developed an allergy to topical pest medicine and had the SAME response. The vet told me to wash it off of him with Dawn dish detergent...it'll cut the oil better than regular pet shampoo...and then never use it again. I switched to a flea collar for him, and then he was okay. The vet said it was a serious reaction and could have worsened if it wasn't washed off...could have caused intestinal bleeding, I remember.

Good luck to your kitty.
Thank you for telling me this. Fred is about at 85% of being back to himself. I have three cats and it is strange, the other two have been sick once in awhile, they still eat, Fred, just shuts down completely. I guess there are slurries you can buy, but my brother (the vet) tells me to force feed Fred tuna, even if I can just get three bites of it into him. It always works, but it is so unpleasant to do. I guess if they quit eating, their liver shuts down. He came out of hiding and cuddled with us, and had some water, so I think he may be doing better. I also force fed him some tuna. I will just have to watch what he does tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:29 AM   #30
Klynne
monkey

Layla had a busy day today. We went and visited Bob in the nursing home and she was in hog heaven. She misses him. She made other friends as well. Such a good doggie. I hope Bob can go home soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: