ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #6316
Frieda
in limbo

i had a teacher named Wolter, last name i will leave blank for google's sake--

he taught classical languages and in the 4-6 grade of high school (last grades) we were only with 3 people in class. he always wore jeans and a jeans jacket, either a black or a blue set. he had a black beard and would chew on mints all day, to cover up his tobacco smell. at one point he taught us through the open windows-- him outside the window with the janitor, us inside the classroom, citing classic greek sentences.

he was also very angry because i graduated with a 7 for greek and an 8 for latin.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #6317
YsaPur EsChomuw
oi

I have always hated and never learned history. Well, almost always. Mostly, because I had exceptionally anti-talented history teachers, who were weaklings as a human being, too.

The first history teacher I liked wasn't even a real one - they made him teach British history, poor man! Anyway, when he first entered the lecture room I thought he was the janitor who came to fix the heating, so you can imagine my surprise, when he went to the microphone and started to speak.

My biggest surprise was that what he said had some sense. I enjoyed the "history" lectures thoroughly - I savour the most precious moment up to now:

He was telling us some stuff about Henry V, and then after a time he said: Oh, no, no, no, wait a moment. Everything I said is ok, but it was about Henry IV, only accidentally I truned over two pages in my notes.

But not all was this silly stuff and for a fact, that was the first time I actually made an effort to understand the Whys of history, read up a bit about it and even - horror of horrors - learned something.
YsaPur EsChomuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #6318
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

My Junior High math teacher comes to mind. He taught other subjects too, but math in particular, he made come alive. I was a bit disappointed when he recommended I take level 3 highschool math instead of level 2, which was a disheartening blow to my confidence. I took level 2 anyway, and did quite well, in spite of his doubts.

But the thing that makes him stand out in my mind was that he had an ear to the ground outside the classroom. I was completely unaware that a particularly violent bully had plans for me. I mean I knew I was being picked on. It's kinda hard to ignore. But these plans in particular would be unusually brutal. But he caught wind of it, and kept me after class, drove me home, and called my parents to keep them informed. He probably saved me a world of hurt. Possibly worse.

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-07-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #6319
xfox
slightly effective

Picking up on Mo's line: Today is the 45th Anniversary of the first Man on the Moon, Buzz Aldrin. What did he say upon arrival and that was televised?
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #6320
Peregrine
Bird of Prey

Buzz Aldrin was the second man on the moon. The first man on the moon was Neil Armstrong. And he said "that's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Though he was supposed to say "one small step for a man", and there has been some debate as to whether he flubbed his line, or the wayward syllable had simply been lost in transmission.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #6321
MoJoRiSin
unbelievable

"one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."
Have no idea
If the A was lost
But I am flying
Right now and
In the inflight magazine
Their is a crossword puzzle
Three letters